• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Yang Xiao Long

I want to say Ruby has the seasons worth of experience to edge Yang slightly, but all she showed in Season 4 was to be so disobedient she almost killed her uncle. Would she be this oblivious and brash when dealing with Yang's semblence? If so, she loses. If not, she should be able to take out her sister.

Hey, that's my avatar :)

I'd give it to Yang high-diff. She fights better when bloodlusted and has better durability. She's also more experienced.

I'd say that Yang takes the first round because of her Semblance.

However, Ruby takes the second one. She is much more powerful than before while Yang remained the same (she even lost a Ember Celica). And as Qrow told us, experience in the real world>>>>>>>>training, so Ruby probably has the edge even experience-wise

So:

First round: Yang 1, Ruby 0

Second round: Ruby 2, Yang 0

Unknown round: Yang 1

Kaltias said:
I'd say that Yang takes the first round because of her Semblance.
However, Ruby takes the second one. She is much more powerful than before while Yang remained the same (she even lost a Ember Celica). And as Qrow told us, experience in the real world>>>>>>>>training, so Ruby probably has the edge even experience-wise

As I have said, in terms of experience, Ruby was still lacking in season 4, almost getting Qrow killed due to her actions. If this was EoS4 Ruby, she would win as she seems to be more cautious, but anything prior to the Nucklavee fight will have her being to brash and ignorant.

Yang is an all around better fighter than Ruby in Volumes 1-3. She's also stronger and close-range weapons or CQC seem to be something Ruby has an issue with.

Volume 4 Ruby wins due to having mastered her semblance

Yang wins due to reasons above for Round 1. Ruby takes Round 2, however due to better mastery of semblance and focus.

Now:

Round 1: Ruby 0, Yang 4

Round 2: Ruby 3, Yang 1

Not a round specified: Yang 1, Ruby 0

Back