• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RPG Maker Discussion Thread

I can agree, it seems to be a composite.
After a brief research, I think the main series are: Ao Oni (OG Ao Oni), Ao Oni 2, Ao Oni 3 and Ao Oni X. Ao Oni X has established the infectious Ao Oni and at least two Wall level feats: one is an average Ao Oni bursts out of a semi-crashed wooden house and another one is Ao Oni casually breaks stone by walking normally. Ao Oni Online and Aooni.io are supportive regarding the main series. The issue is that some of them are non-English.
Speaking of Ao Oni i made a blog profile of the anime version.
Anime Ao Oni is comedy in nature. Episode 1 has South Park Mode references.

After a brief research, I think the main series are: Ao Oni (OG Ao Oni), Ao Oni 2, Ao Oni 3 and Ao Oni X. Ao Oni X has established the infectious Ao Oni and at least two Wall level feats: one is an average Ao Oni bursts out of a semi-crashed wooden house and another one is Ao Oni casually breaks stone by walking normally. Ao Oni Online and Aooni.io are supportive regarding the main series. The issue is that some of them are non-English.
I suppose the non-english ones could just be ignored, I guess. If you need calcs feel free to HMU.
Anime Ao Oni is comedy in nature. Episode 1 has South Park Mode references.
lol that's wild
shoot, it's actually Lily's Well, not Alice's Well lmfao
oops

still never heard tho

I suppose the non-english ones could just be ignored, I guess. If you need calcs feel free to HMU.

lol that's wild
Currently, it may be better to ignore the non-English one.

And I feel that I could make a profile for South Park Mode Ao Oni. Ao Oni X gives playable character physical strength to push stone (in normal RPG Maker stone sprite)

By the way, I found a personal blog in Japanese: http://freegamedouraku.doorblog.jp. It contains introductions of some RPG Maker games.

I made 'em, Crooked Man aside which existed before and I just revised

Anyone here played Fear and Hunger? The game is dark as hell, but I enjoyed it a lot. The story and the world was amazing, although the gameplay made me hate myself a lot quite a lot of times, but it was still fun.

Wanted to add the verse to the wiki, but the game is way too long for me to properly get everything needed, and there were a lot of things that I didn't know how to properly index.

Anyone here played Fear and Hunger? The game is dark as hell, but I enjoyed it a lot. The story and the world was amazing, although the gameplay made me hate myself a lot quite a lot of times, but it was still fun.

Wanted to add the verse to the wiki, but the game is way too long for me to properly get everything needed, and there were a lot of things that I didn't know how to properly index.
I just watched the video of this game and the game seems good. I feel that Ruina shares the same problem with Fear and Hunger: too long to make a profile.

Also, I have found that Fear and Hunger has a wiki in FANDOM. I feel that it would be useful.

For Ao Oni, the South Park mode of The Oni in VS Battles Wiki has been added by me. And PewDiePie has a video about this mode.

For Fear & Hunger, it surprises me that it is a 2021 video game, according to The CRPG Book expanded edition. Update: Wikidata says that Fear & Hunger is a 2018 video game instead.

On an unrelated note, The CRPG Book is a good free book, with mention of Ruina and Fear & Hunger.

Last edited:
Good news:
Ruina will have a remake
Bad news:
The remake is handled by Tianwen Kadokawa (Guangzhou Tianwen Kadokawa Animation and Comics Co., Ltd.)[開発は中国の天聞角川が担当するという], meaning that heavy censorship will be implemented.

Good news:
Ruina will have a remake
Bad news:
The remake is handled by Tianwen Kadokawa (Guangzhou Tianwen Kadokawa Animation and Comics Co., Ltd.)[開発は中国の天聞角川が担当するという], meaning that heavy censorship will be implemented.
For anyone who want to know Ruina, here are the links:
https://www.freem.ne.jp/win/game/2037 (original Japanese)
https://dinklations.wordpress.com/2...-tale-of-the-forgotten-ruins-english-version/ (English translation)
I feel that the remake may have great number of new pictures, and I feel that both the original and the remake pictures can be co-exist in profiles.

Freem! has tons of free RPG Maker games, but they are in Japanese.

I remember playing a game called The Way a couple of years ago. The game is ancient now, lol, and many things feel pretty unpolished compared to more modern games, but... something about it is just so darn interesting? Between the setting, the rather simple and very personal story and how friggin dark it can get and how much the main character sinks, and the work in the backgrounds (pre-rendered that look very primitive nowadays, but really give character to the world) there's something I really liked about it.

VS wise doesn't seem that particularly noteworthy, many characters have magic and elemental powers and some superhuman feats, but no dimensional, abstract or philosophical stuff to go crazy about. Though the later entries do have elements weirdly labelled as "Oneness" and "Trascendence" and stuff like that.

Here is the first episode of the Way for reference.

If I had to say something that's kind of a double-edged sword for the game is precisely how the story keeps the things very personal. On one hand it does help to invest yourself in the characters and when things go to hell and the MC becomes more and more of a villain you feel it, and also the feeling of the world being so much bigger than you, that there are so many things beyond your reach that increases that sensation of powerlessness that moves the plot, as well as mysteries that make the setting intriguing and vast, which is something that is lost a bit when you can just go through every corner of the universe and beat up its gods. But on the other hand, there is a lingering feeling that potential story was never used and interesting lore was never explored.

Some random thought... anyone aware of Nobita's Resident Evil? Some madman actually made a crossover/parody by having the kids of Doraemon in a Resident Evil plot, which went to become a genre in itself (many versions of Nobita's Resident evil, sequels and even other games like the Evil Within). Funnily enough, they'd be weaker than their canon counterparts for using realistic weaponry instead of their usual gadgets.

Some random thought... anyone aware of Nobita's Resident Evil? Some madman actually made a crossover/parody by having the kids of Doraemon in a Resident Evil plot, which went to become a genre in itself (many versions of Nobita's Resident evil, sequels and even other games like the Evil Within). Funnily enough, they'd be weaker than their canon counterparts for using realistic weaponry instead of their usual gadgets.
I'm not only know it, but also know the fangames of Nobita's Resident Evil. You know, if the game allows gadgets, then it would become Zombies' Doramonhazard. Nobita's mom is the most recognizable element in the game.

By the way, the canon Nobita has capability of taking down Nobita's Resident Evil Nobita especially considering that canon Nobita has encountered many crazy things. I have found this
Sleep instantly
Weaving string figures
Marksmanship
Video Games
Making clay figures
Chess
Catching food in the air
Exemplary accuracy
Quick reloading in gunning
Uncanny luck
Run extremely fast when in fear
Procrastinating
in

Last edited:
I'm not only know it, but also know the fangames of Nobita's Resident Evil. You know, if the game allows gadgets, then it would become Zombies' Doramonhazard. Nobita's mom is the most recognizable element in the game.

By the way, the canon Nobita has capability of taking down Nobita's Resident Evil Nobita especially considering that canon Nobita has encountered many crazy things. I have found this

in
Really, no joke. There's more fantastical stuff that can warp reality... as in, Doraemon had a beak that when worn allowed someone to turn anything they said into reality among a funkaton of other things to solve the problem in one go. When Nobita meets Doraemon the first thing he asks is to use the Everywhere Door to get everyone out of there and the sequel they do consider using time travel to prevent the whole mess. Interestingly, the games avoid this by having Doraemon be one of the bad guys.

Even disregarding those, Doraemon has weapons like a gun that can blow up tanks and a ray gun that can melt concrete buildings, so yeah you have firepower well above what horror survivals feel like giving you normally XD. Not to mention, Nobita himself is actually kind of pretty hardcore when push comes to shove. If you've ever watched any of the Doraemon movies he'll cry and freak out for like a few seconds and then jump to save the world from time travelling criminals, alien overlords, mythological abominations, etc. Not to mention he has gunplay that would make Revolver Ocelot proud.

Nobita's Resident Evil honestly is a pretty fascinating thing, aside the outlandish premise it's actually pretty clever in design, well at least for its day. Nowadays horror games in RPG Maker and horror spins on kid's media is much more common.

Really, no joke. There's more fantastical stuff that can warp reality... as in, Doraemon had a beak that when worn allowed someone to turn anything they said into reality among a funkaton of other things to solve the problem in one go. When Nobita meets Doraemon the first thing he asks is to use the Everywhere Door to get everyone out of there and the sequel they do consider using time travel to prevent the whole mess. Interestingly, the games avoid this by having Doraemon be one of the bad guys.

Even disregarding those, Doraemon has weapons like a gun that can blow up tanks and a ray gun that can melt concrete buildings, so yeah you have firepower well above what horror survivals feel like giving you normally XD. Not to mention, Nobita himself is actually kind of pretty hardcore when push comes to shove. If you've ever watched any of the Doraemon movies he'll cry and freak out for like a few seconds and then jump to save the world from time travelling criminals, alien overlords, mythological abominations, etc. Not to mention he has gunplay that would make Revolver Ocelot proud.

Nobita's Resident Evil honestly is a pretty fascinating thing, aside the outlandish premise it's actually pretty clever in design, well at least for its day. Nowadays horror games in RPG Maker and horror spins on kid's media is much more common.
Nobita's Resident Evil is inspiring as there are a number of fan games of NRE has been made, to the extent that there are self-insert characters from NRE fan games.

On an unrelated note, Ruina verse will become one of the most powerful verses made by RPG Maker especially considering that the final boss' intro is an enhanced version of Made In Heaven.

If you can have that kind of effect in the community you can be proud of what you achieved, lol. Same for others like Ao Oni.

Took a quick look at the game you mentioned, Ruina. Holy crap, it's gorgeous to look at!

If you can have that kind of effect in the community you can be proud of what you achieved, lol. Same for others like Ao Oni.

Took a quick look at the game you mentioned, Ruina. Holy crap, it's gorgeous to look at!
I have listed the download link of English version and Japanese version of Ruina above and it is a free game.

In fact, it seems that Ruina has gained some popularity in mainland China and I think that's why the remake is handled by Tianwen Kadokawa.

Back