• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP: The Hanging Earth | Thread

Since time immemorial, the world tree Yggdrasil, with its many branches and timelines, has stood as a bastion of creation amidst the endless blackness of the void. Headed by no less than 3 generations of gods, each has fought to protect it from any dangers that may threaten its existence, maintaining cosmic order. However, the existence of this world changed forever when one man, dissatisfied with his own existence, chose to rebel against the current of an orderly fate. His efforts were, by all means, successful, but the cost was great. The world tree itself, as well as the gods that governed it, would fall before his power, and this man would go on to become the ruler of the wasteland left in the wake of his warpath. That man is...

"A bored god, whose name you don't need to know," ended a man with long, wild black hair and wearing red-and-black robes, sitting upon a throne that appeared to be far more advanced technologically than a simple golden chair. As he spoke, he finished writing words down into a floating book before him, which vanished upon the conclusion of his monologue. "Perhaps I'll write more later..." He mutters to himself, and then laughs. "Hah, probably not. I have better things to do. Michael!"

At his command, a blonde man appears before him. He wears simple white robes, and has a pair of glowing angelic wings. "Yes, your grace?" He spoke, with a mixture of both reverence and resentment in his tone.

"You've made sure preparations are in order for the world to receive the chosen?"

"Yes. It should be perfectly prepared to handle the distortions."

"Good. Then let us begin."

The angel, "Michael", stood at the side of the throne as the robed man raised an arm. He rested his head on his other hand as eight (one for each player) pillars of light manifested before him... ANd thus, eight summoned beings came into existence before him.

(I guess we can write)

The Nightmare's User looked at both sides of him, he was confused, this zone which was not his home, much less a place where he had been, he looked at his friend/Weapon
Living, who was just as confused.

Toby, a young, thin, and pale man, almost gaunt in his appearance. Appears behind the rest. He seems uninterested by his surroundings, and lays down to sleep.

A large, thick figure emerges from one of the pillars of light, clad in robe-like leather wrappings, underlined by hunts of solidity and falling over his face, and carrying a wide assortment of large weapons upon his back. He silently looks up at the beings that brought him here, as if silently expecting this.

Last edited:
I turn back realizing I probably can't leave. "I am not a psychopomp anym-" I say looking at the ones who brought us here."

Kyzen looks around at the others who emerged from the pillars, taking note of those who arrived with him, as he waited for the summoner to speak.

And there i stand, staring at the seeping fimble minded fools before me. Looking at me as if i was a simple knight...

"Such insolence."

(ok, WHY isn't joining so we shall continue)

The man who summoned the seven of you forth sighs. "Hello, mortals. Welcome to my realm," he says, in a voice that's not even trying to sound divine.

"Hello sir, I'm Timothy Johnson Diaz, or you can just call me Tommy." Said the carrier of nightmare, which only "observed"

Momentarily searching around, only slightly moving his head, the figure takes more detailed note of those around him, three being most immediately notable: a man who appears to lack any flesh upon his skull, another with golden markings on his forehead, and another who might be an emperor from another world, given the large quantities of gold he wears and his manner of speech.

The figure simply bows slightly before the summoner, vaguely aware of the difference in power despite the latter's casual demeanor.

"I assume you've brought us to your realm then, for what purpose would you summon all of us here?" He asks the man on the throne

"That's a simple question with a simple answer. I like you." He smiles at Kyzen.

"It's rather simple. You see, I've recently come into possession over a great power, and I intend to use it to reset the universe and everything within it."

Tommy and nightmare were just watching what happened although they were confused.

"What do you mean by resetting the universe?" Asked tommy mentally.

".... I just hope it's not Shin megami tensei: Nocturne" said Nightmare between murmurs

... strange.

"What role would creatures like us play in a plan of that scale?"

The figure speaks, simultaneously sounding exactly how he looks and... a bit young.

"Well..." He leans back, arms crossed. "Until just recently, I was as mortal as you are. Slaving away under destiny, unable to do much but watch events you couldn't even begin to imagine unfold. But I decided I'd swim against fate's current, and my quest led me here. I've plucked each of you from your worlds just before their destruction, all for a simple reason. I'm deciding what I should do with everyone's souls."

Ahhh, so the pyre worked.

Or maybe it didn't. The figure remembers the pyre, a near world-wide slaughter of all life meant to attract the attention of greater beings. Either way, he's here. Although... in hindsight, he wonders if he was an appropriate being to bring for what this task appears to be, given the nature of his primary weapon.

For the moment, he simply waits for others to speak, as he has little experience in this matter himself.

"I guess that technically explains why we are here." I say. "I would suggest an underworld to store all the souls to save their knowledge and energy for the future but I don't actually know what is normally done with souls in the underworld or worlds."

"And if you do speak the truth, worm, what do you desire to have us do?"
"Okay, that's enough of THAT."

The man points a finger at Zennith, who is immediately reduced to a puddle of blood by an incomprehensively powerful "Snap" of force. An instant later, he's reformed. "Wow, turning into an asshole god already... good job, me."

He shakes his head.

"I don't know if you quite understand the gravity of this situation. Infinite universes, infinite timelines, et cetera, it's all getting reset. Underworld and all. Now i CAN preserve them and send them to the new world once I make it... But to tell you the truth, from someone who's spent his entire life at the bottom rung, I hate this world. So, what's going to happen is that I'm going to send all of you to a special little planet. I selected all of you because you have a strong ideal that you think the world should follow. So as a reward for participating in my test, I'm going to follow the advice of the winner. The objective is simple:"

He spreads his arms out. "Take over the world."

As i am reformed, i can't help but smile at my murderer.

"Now that is how you show your point. What planet am i to conquer?"

Beneath his cowl, the figure smirks lightly, giving off a different air than he did before, or that one may expect, as though he was... giddy.

"My home planet of origin: Earth. Universe Prime."

He pauses and frowns. "Probably rather boring for some of you, but C'est la vie."

"ok, then it will be time for
your leadership in the school of fruits"Nightmare says

"I just hope it's similar to home" TJ said

"I'll be taking you to the early 23rd century... my time period of origin. If you're from what you might consider the "modern day" of 2020, I think you'll find it hasn't developed that much culturally. Strange, considering my timeline's coming off a nuclear war, but that's shit writing for you."

He says that last part with some barely-hidden resentment. "Oh, and you can call me Ω... Though I don't think you guys can pronounce that, can you. Well, Just call me Omega until I come up with something better."

"That all depends on you," He answers, leaning back in his throne. "Well then, are there any other questions before you depart?"

The figure raises his hand to his chin, as if in thought. He doesn't quite remember the year he left his world of birth, or the year of the one he just left, but he supposes that doesn't matter too much.

Back