• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) A World of Peril Chapter 1

Also known as the abstract manifestation of a RP player's boredom.

Chapter 1
You awake to find yourself in a large room with other people. The room is dark, but you can make out vague shapes surrounding your group. You feel something different about yourself, and, though you don't know it yet, you've gained new abilities since you last had consciousness.

Rules: Speak in meta with brackets, talk in character with quotation marks.

Players

Name: Keanu/Psycho

Appearance: --->

AKAINU
Verse of Origin:
Warhammer 40k

Character: Berserker (Fate/stay night)

Name: Rick Tarkus/Torlikoff

Appearance: Like an average man, short black hair, above average sized build, sharp features.

Verse of Origin: The Real World ovo

Character: Garou

Name: Bob Bobert Bobinson/Monarch Laciel

Appearance: Bob

Verse of Origin: The Real World

Character: Beatrice Kirscheise

Name: Blarie Blazie/Blah

Appearance: Like Blaire Blaze, except Hachune Mikued. Has some chains

Verse of Origin:The Internet

Character: Bog

Name:
Brad Jorgensen

Appearance: Bares a strong resemblence to Brad Armstrong, but if he had a full head of hear and was 6' 3". Generally just wears a t-shirt and shorts

Verse of Origin: The Real World

Character: Dr. Clef

Name: Digby the Wolf

Appearance: Similar to this character, sans the Wispon, glasses and headpiece, and light blue with a hard hat on his head.

Verse of Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog

Character: Shovel Knight

Name: Gianna Petrarca

Theme: Inner Turmoil

Appearance: This

Verse of Origin: Real Life

Character: Gilgamesh (Fate Series)

My eyes slowly flutter open, a kind of grogginess filling my head and making me feel a bit dizzy. I lift my head off the floor, eyes attempting to adjust to the darkness, and seeing the dark shapes of possibly other people in the room. Suddenly, a slight dizzy spell washed over me, and as I clutched my head and attempted to shake it off, I groan softly, "Ugh, what's going on? Where is this?"

As i stand up, still a bit groggy, a bunch of stuff falls out of my pockets

It seems to be several small guns, knives and a sword hilt with a bit of blade left, but they're made of an odd greenish-grey metal and I feel as though i've lost something as i see the sword hilt

As I try to clear my head, I hear the sound of a bunch of metal objects hitting the ground. Suddenly aware that I could be in danger from something I can't see, I practically jumped to my feet to gauge my surroundings. But, just as I got up, something long and metal dug into my ankles and made me fall on my face, making me yelp both times. Groaning, I feel at my legs and quickly found the thing that ended up tripping me.

It was a shovel, but not an ordinary one, upon closer examination. For one, the blade was much sharper than a shovel needed to be, and it ended in a deadly point. So, that explained why that smarted so much, I thought to myself as I tried getting up again, this time feeling the surrounding ground so I don't trip on something stupidly again.

As i bend down to pick up the various objects, i notice that im wearing something under my shirt

After i manage to fit the knives and guns in my various pockets, pulling out a small knuckbone die in the process, rather than in just 1 or 2, i look underneath my shirt to see that im wearing some kind of ballistic vest, although it's far more comfortable than a normal one

I quickly grab the sword hilt as a reaction and feel....good....great in fact, as though I could take on the world

[Just gonna put it out there early, if you read 1023-ARC's page on the SCP wiki, you'll see why I'm interpreting it as a fairly powerful luck boost]

"Huh? Uh, yeah, I'm fine. Thanks," I said distractedly, rubbing my muzzle, hoping to soothe the pain in my face a little. I then bent over and picked up the shovel with my other hand. I didn't know why, but I felt like I needed to be holding it right now in case I needed it.

Yobobojojo said:
[Literally just a telekill blade tho]
[I dont remember seeing that, but Clef, who was slightly overweight, grossly out-of-shape and had never been in a sword fight before, managed to beat Kondraki, an expert fencer, with it]

[I mean.

Foundation is unsure if whether that was the blade though. And I do recall the context of the tale iirc]

[Actually, that could be just been the telekill negating Kondraki's skill, and on Clef's page, it's listed as dura negging iirc]

[Ok, so it seems to be telekill and/or do more damage to people who're enhanced by a mental skill]

I back into the corner of the room, still holding the sword hilt

[Also, do we have our character's memories]

I furrow my eyebrows. "I could ask you the same question, buddy. Though, I'm guessing nobody knows who anybody is here, huh? 'Cause it seems like one of those sorts of things is happening here."

I make a Lost joke in my head and quietly snicker before responding "yeah, i have no clue where the hell this is or who anyone else here is."

Feeling slightly more safe around the goddamn wolf, i begin to search for an exit, sword hilt and die in hand....for some reason

I lean against the wall, settling the tip of the shovel on the ground while still loosely holding the handle in one hand. "Anyway, my name is Digby. Digby the Wolf. A real pleasure, I'm sure." I really tried not to sound sarcastic, but with this situation I woke up to, I wasn't really feeling too upbeat at the moment.

A low growl escaped from my throat at the undignified way the one person on the ground addressed me. "Is there a problem with that?"

"I'm just trying to see what kind of dream I'm in for a talking wolf to exist."

[From the real world, this ain't exactly normal.]

My slight annoyance suddenly turned into confusion. "Huh? A dream? What are you talking about? I'm practically the living embodiment of normal."

[Remember in the Sonic universe that there are both Mobians like Digby and regular humans coexisting with each other, so this wouldn't be considered unnatural for him.]

I shrug. "Technically Park Avenue. Though, I'm taking up residence in Emerald Hill at the moment until most of the cleanup is finished after Eggman's robots had thoroughly trashed the place."

My confusion was growing more and more. "What's the problem with that? And what the heck kind of zone is 'Delaware?'"

Back