• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Round 2 of the Lord of the Town Tournament! (3-1-0)

As you all may know from my first post about the tournament, round 1 previously concluded after a short debate on the FC/OC discord.

For Round 2, it will be Fen vs The Nameless King

The battle will start in a plain upon England, with small hills that wouldn't provide cover. The starting distance is 50m.

Fen's Attack Potency is 55.9 Kilotons. The Nameless King's is 3.02 Kilotons. (However with Banana Step it can scale higher)

Without amps, Fen has an 18.5x AP advantage alongside a large Lifting Strength advantage solidifying the strength difference

The Nameless King has a 3x speed advantage in base and a 210x speed advantage with the Banana Step

Fen: 3
The Nameless King: 1
Inconclusive (cf):

CONCLUDED: Mid Diff Fen

Last edited:
14x is sufficient for someone to completely shatter the skull of an opponent with sheer blunt force, ignoring placement and the fact Fen has a sharp object. 50 Cal rounds cap at around 1219 meters per second compared to 343 for the speed of sound (Which should be over doubled given the multiplier and I guess I just entirely forgot about that back in the day, so we're looking at around 690 meters per second), which is a gap but not a very extreme one. Considering the dwarfing in lifting strength that can be implemented with shadow restraints, and the fact Fen could just black out the area at the speed of light...

14x is sufficient for someone to completely shatter the skull of an opponent with sheer blunt force, ignoring placement and the fact Fen has a sharp object. 50 Cal rounds cap at around 1219 meters per second compared to 343 for the speed of sound (Which should be over doubled given the multiplier and I guess I just entirely forgot about that back in the day, so we're looking at around 690 meters per second), which is a gap but not a very extreme one. Considering the dwarfing in lifting strength that can be implemented with shadow restraints, and the fact Fen could just black out the area at the speed of light...
Interesting conclusion, looks like a point for Fen 🗣

14x is sufficient for someone to completely shatter the skull of an opponent with sheer blunt force, ignoring placement and the fact Fen has a sharp object.
Shields would negate that damage and could take a lot of those before one broke, and having his head shattered would be a trivial injury for him to say the least. This is of course not to mention how absurdly hard to kill he is.

50 Cal rounds cap at around 1219 meters per second compared to 343 for the speed of sound (Which should be over doubled given the multiplier and I guess I just entirely forgot about that back in the day, so we're looking at around 690 meters per second), which is a gap but not a very extreme one.
As I said in the server before, it should be around 6.1 Mach but it's fine either way.

Considering the dwarfing in lifting strength that can be implemented with shadow restraints, and the fact Fen could just black out the area at the speed of light
If at any point anything happens that makes him unable to fight normally or struggle, then he'll bring out Gae Bolg and that'd most likely be a wrap.

Shields would negate that damage and could take a lot of those before one broke, and having his head shattered would be a trivial injury for him to say the least. This is of course not to mention how absurdly hard to kill he is.

As I said in the server before, it should be around 6.1 Mach but it's fine either way.

If at any point anything happens that makes him unable to fight normally or struggle, then he'll bring out Gae Bolg and that'd most likely be a wrap.
A point for Nameless King (debate is 🔥 fr)

The shield's actual listing seems to say it can take hits from "higher" attacks, which doesn't really say that much. I was pulling out that example to emphasize the sheer degree of the gap, that kind of power going to anywhere on the body, especially repeatedly (since melee range is more than enough to get Fen to use shadow restraints to tie him down and keep pummeling), is going to get a nasty result that could wipe him on the spot... unless that last part of the statement refers to the fact he apparently can just survive when he doesn't even exist, which is another question I invoke upon the very concept of this tournament occurring.
Instakill hax I know is overtly banned, as revealed when I brought up the fact this tournament's setup means nothing actually stops Fen from converting all of his life force to Energeia and just possessing the opponent (A move which is also very deliberately designed to blow past resistances to that kind of phenomenon, since everyone in the setting has an innate ability to resist whatever and evolve like an immune system to just be fine with it). If it was allowed, I'm not even sure the operator resistance would count in that respect, since the possession is ultimately just suffusing another being with darkness and Fen dwarfs him in lifting strength so he could just forcibly puppet the body around until the incapacitation timeframe is met

Last edited:
The shield's actual listing seems to say it can take hits from "higher" attacks. I was pulling out that example to emphasize the sheer degree of the gap, that kind of power going to anywhere on the body, especially repeatedly (since melee range is more than enough to get Fen to use shadow restraints to tie him down and keep pummeling), is going to get a nasty result that could wipe him on the spot... unless that last part of the statement refers to the fact he apparently can just survive when he doesn't even exist, which is another question I invoke upon the very concept of this tournament occurring.
The only attacks that have ever canonically one shot a shield were 7-A, Low 6-B, and High 3-A. I think you could see that if you rolled back to some older versions of the page, but I changed it to "higher" because someone said that'd be a better idea on the FC/OC server. With this much of a gap, his shields could take quite a bit before breaking. Also no, if he doesn't exist then he'd have to resurrect and that's not viable here because he specifically can only resurrect in his castle unless he has prep beforehand, so that's not applicable in the current situation, he's just really really hard to put down.

Instakill hax I know is overtly banned, as revealed when I brought up the fact this tournament's setup means nothing actually stops Fen from converting all of his life force to Energeia and just possessing the opponent (A move which is also very deliberately designed to blow past resistances to that kind of phenomenon, since everyone in the setting has an innate ability to resist whatever and evolve like an immune system to just be fine with it). If it was allowed, I'm not even sure the operator resistance would count in that respect, since the possession is ultimately just suffusing another being with darkness and Fen dwarfs him in lifting strength so he could just forcibly puppet the body around until the incapacitation timeframe is met
I mean his resistance to possession is because of the fact that his physical body is not technically an actual living being and he's more of a puppet for a higher being which even in this state of the page is alluded to still, so unless you can overpower the higher being itself I don't think it's really something that could work. As for the banned part I did bring up Gae Bolg to him yesterday and I wasn't informed of that? Regardless, if we go with the current page anyways it requires him to let go of the Gae Bolg for it to take effect which uh admittedly doesn't change much but yeah. IIRC, the exact mechanic of the spear at that time was if let go, then it'd already be thrust into the opponent and curse them so that if its attack is an attack that has the possibility to kill the opponent, then they'd die from it. I'd have to recheck the records but I think it was already at the first revamp at the time.

The only attacks that have ever canonically one shot a shield were 7-A, Low 6-B, and High 3-A. I think you could see that if you rolled back to some older versions of the page, but I changed it to "higher" because someone said that'd be a better idea on the FC/OC server. With this much of a gap, his shields could take quite a bit before breaking.
Whoever told you to remove feats from a character's page made a poor suggestion. Regardless, darkness would allow him to corrupt the shield and rip it away (Or just restrain the guy wholesale and pummel him to bits directly, which would get worse once his armor is destroyed since he's 9-A as an individual, it seems)
I mean his resistance to possession is because of the fact that his physical body is not technically an actual living being and he's more of a puppet for a higher being which even in this state of the page is alluded to still, so unless you can overpower the higher being itself I don't think it's really something that could work.
To quote standard battle assumptions;
Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.
He could really just sit in their body forcibly strolling around through corrupting their being and superior lifting strength and call it a day if that's how things end up going down, that's just banned by the ruleset (Sidenote, that'd also be a reason this can't be added to the pages, abilities being restricted are inherently a no go)

Whoever told you to remove feats from a character's page made a poor suggestion. Regardless, darkness would allow him to corrupt the shield and rip it away (Or just restrain the guy wholesale and pummel him to bits directly, which would get worse once his armor is destroyed since he's 9-A as an individual, it seems)

To quote standard battle assumptions;

He could really just sit in their body forcibly strolling around through corrupting their being and superior lifting strength and call it a day if that's how things end up going down, that's just banned by the ruleset (Sidenote, that'd also be a reason this can't be added to the pages, abilities being restricted are inherently a no go)
Honestly, I feel like he can just capitalize on his speed advantage and immediately send out a couple of attacks the moment the fight begins especially since Banana guarantees crit and that could give him the edge. The Gae Bolg problem also hasn't been addressed yet, since if he has access to that I'd say he'd most definitely win but without it, then I think it'd go either way looking from how things are up to this point.

Honestly, I feel like he can just capitalize on his speed advantage and immediately send out a couple of attacks the moment the fight begins especially since Banana guarantees crit and that could give him the edge.
There's a distance of 50 meters, so the former isn't going to be a particularly extraordinary circumstance (especially when Fen actually has the werewithol to deal with attacks far faster than him if he's got solid distance- though I'd have to quote the story he's in to demonstrate the degree of that)
Sol simply lifted his hand, before firing a blinding hail of lasers, instantly searing through the wave of men and leaving them on the ground, helpless.

Fen let down his wall of black that he made between himself and the incoming fire, and looked at Sol, tilting his head in minor intrigue.

"Ah... You know, sometimes I hate the Aurament I was born with. Sure, it allows me to take out most of my enemies with an attack they can't even process, but whenever someone is actually strong, it just doesn't do anything. A real shame, don't you think?"
The "aurament" in this case being Light, which travels at the speed of light with Lasray sorcery.

He's also not safe from this sort of thing being turned on him by Fen, since cloaking an area in darkness happens at the speed of light as well. All Fen really needs is one moment of him being in melee range and disoriented to just tie him down and beat him to death.
The Gae Bolg problem also hasn't been addressed yet, since if he has access to that I'd say he'd most definitely win
We have addressed that instant kills are not allowed. Gae Bolg instantly kills people, and if they were allowed, Fen could instead deliberately make himself die by using all his life force and bodily puppeteer the nameless King for the incapacitation timeframe.

There's a distance of 50 meters, so the former isn't going to be a particularly extraordinary circumstance (especially when Fen actually has the werewithol to deal with attacks far faster than him if he's got solid distance- though I'd have to quote the story he's in to demonstrate the degree of that)

The "aurament" in this case being Light, which travels at the speed of light with Lasray sorcery.

He's also not safe from this sort of thing being turned on him by Fen, since cloaking an area in darkness happens at the speed of light as well. All Fen really needs is one moment of him being in melee range and disoriented to just tie him down and beat him to death.

We have addressed that instant kills are not allowed. Gae Bolg instantly kills people, and if they were allowed, Fen could instead deliberately make himself die by using all his life force and bodily puppeteer the nameless King for the incapacitation timeframe.
You're a few hours late, the match has already been concluded on the server. Fen wins the round.

Back