• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rosalina and her durability

That was a Luma that transformed into a Power Star, the Toads simply witnessed the birth of one. Also, that's a Power Star and not a Grand Star. Rosalina is still stronger than the Lumas; also these things are counter intitive because the more people say "Rosalina can't be that much stronger than Mario or Base Bowser", the more reason we have to actually upgrade the base Mario cast if anything.

And yes, her magic should be the same as her force-fields.

Well, I personaly don't think this adreesses nearly all of the original arguments of why the downgrade happened in the first place, but I am extremely neutral here so idc

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That was a Luma that transformed into a Power Star, the Toads simply witnessed the birth of one. Also, that's a Power Star and not a Grand Star. Rosalina is still stronger than the Lumas; also these things are counter intitive because the more people say "Rosalina can't be that much stronger than Mario or Base Bowser", the more reason we have to actually upgrade the base Mario cast.
And yes, her magic should be the same as her force-fields.
https://www.mariowiki.com/images/4/4d/MKT_Icon_GrandStar.png

https://imgur.com/Olo2Cxb

No, what the toads are holding is a Grand Star and a bunch of star bits that they gathered. Being called a "great" power star doesn't make it any dissimilar. They are visually the same. archive.org is pretty useful for finding that sort of scan stuff.

I don't see the reason why she should be assumed to not use her forcefields on herself otherwise is the point since its offscreen. At best its a possibily low 2-C rating for her natural physical dura since cal is admitting its speculation to assume the positive claim.

Just saying, it seems pretty unconvincing to say that Rosie didnt have her forcefield protecting herself because when the scene cut back to them , its not like Mario had a forcefield bubble sustained around him either once the universe destroyed events stopped. It's pretty much abusing Rosie being off-screen to justify a rating since the "them" can def mean Rosie included there.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
And actually, there is going to be another thread upgrading the base cast to 4-A based on multiple feats.
Hmm, can you let me see this/where it's being planned? I've been planning my own version of such a thread, and would like to pitch in. [EDIT: I'll make a separate thread as so not to sidetrack this one. I'll try to input on the main topic soon]

It was still "The Shooting stars forming together" that created it, and not the Toads. The Toads were simply "Witnesses"

@DDM

Point being that Rosalina could just be a witness herself in such context with helping make one via bringing star bits together and just watching the "shooting stars"/"star bits" form a grand star on their own lol.

Or just watching with her jaw wide open as a ****** Luma is scarfing down the bits she carefully collected.

In Rosalina's case, she is the one literally guiding the Lumas and has been doing so for a long time; which every planet, star, and galaxy in the Universe was once a Luma. Still, I agree that Wayback Machine or Archive.org will be helpful for finding the details of Rosalina's feats.

Did you know Rosalina is not an actual human being and is actually more like a living power star/Grand Star like thing that simply looks human? Was mentioned in Dino's new thread.

Honestly, Rosalina being how she is rated right now is just straight up bad. She's not even so glue Luma level, even though it's very clear she's above quite a few, given she was the only one who would've been fine without a Grand Star our of everyone on the observatory.

I don't care if she doesn't get Low 2-C back but her being any less than 3-C is dumb.

To be fair, the Power Stars heavily implied to be more rare than the lumas that turn into galaxies kind of indicates that Power Stars being any less than 3-C may be iffy. I agree especially that Rosalina being any less than that is BS. But there's another thread discussing it that DRB made.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Did you know Rosalina is not an actual human being and is actually more like a living power star/Grand Star like thing that simply looks human? Was mentioned in Dino's new thread.
Uh, is that a joke or are you actually serious about that. Cuz that definitely lies within theory territory along with the idea that she's the daughter of a past cycle of Peach.

It came from a guidebook for Mario Kart, and Dino brought it up in another thread.

Since when has star stuff referred to Grand Stars? Are there any other examples at all?

I can see it being seen as "made of star stuff" as in "made of ace stuff", "made of great stuff", "made of tough stuff"... like, advertising her to the player. Kind of the point of these bios. But, I also agree with HomestuckLover1 that it might refer to the stardust idea, but even that seems to be a bit of a stretch. Considering she lives in space, where stars are plenty, I can't see why this would specifically refer to an obscure artifact that appears in a couple of games without even explicitly mentioning it above anything else.

In the intro, a Grand Star was literally formed from star dust falling from the sky. Rosalina has been shown to create a Grand Star in Smash Bros; not saying that's a reliable source but it is a hint. There's still the fact that she was casual about Grand Star powered Bowser's feat.

Also, how is Rosalina a daughter of Peach? I never heard that outside of Game Theory.

"In the early stages, we contemplated the idea that Rosalina was related to Princess Peach, so that is why their features are very similar. Her long bangs represent her outward strength and inner sorrow and loneliness." Black, Fletcher. Super Mario Galaxy Official Game Guide, page 346.

It's left intentionally vague since backstory is bad for mario's games /s

Luigi is clearly the dad. XD sorry not sorry

To be fair, her being form an alternate timeline at least makes sense given her role in the story.

I think the point they were trying to make was claiming Rosalina is a living Grand Star is just as much of a stretch as claiming Rosalina is Peach's daughter, hence why "that definently lies in theory territory". Also, what's the stuffins about being casual about Grand Star-powered Bowser's feat?

(Also, whilst yes Grand Stars can be created from Star Bits, I don't quite think that enough for the folks at Prima to go "Ah yes, Grand Stars be referred to as star stuff and of course the reader will understand this without any further hints". It's... way to vague to connect those dots...)

Rosalina has demonstrated reality warping powers in Mario Golf World Tour, very reminiscent to what happens in the endings of both Galaxy games. And by casual, her shield literally shielded Mario and it did 0 damage to the barrier. We also sort of see her wave her wand before space-time gets reset in the cut-scene.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We also sort of see her wave her wand before space-time gets reset in the cut-scene.
So that's where the claim she reset the universe comes form. That always felt like it was baseless and no one I asked actually knew where it came from, haha.

I don't remember where star bits are reffered to as stardust.

@LuckyEmile When did I say star dust equals a Grand Star? I mostly referring to Power Stars as Rosalina is often associated with them more often.

So have we reached a conclusion or not yet, because I felt as if we've gone off topic and I don't even know what's going on.

DatOneWeeb said:
@LuckyEmile When did I say star dust equals a Grand Star? I mostly referring to Power Stars as Rosalina is often associated with them more often.
You said

"star stuff" is obviously referring to Grand Stars.
in the comment just before my own comment where I question it. Rosalina being associated with Power Stars is fine and all, but claiming this should mean she is a Power/Grand Star is taking it a bit far. And even then, I don't think it's enough for the folks at Prima to think we'd instantly think of Power Stars (let alone her being one) when they say something vague like "star stuff"... Looking into the phrase, though, it might really just be referencing her speech/the real world principle that the stars created the elements from Helium to Iron, thus most of that we know is made of "stardust" or "star stuff"... though it may just be bigging her up to advertise her at the same time.

Feels like the worst possible assumption is she used everything at her disposal she could to protect herself with her barrier powers. Lowballing is better than highballing here since the positive claim just points to the quote being vague for "them". I'm not opposed to low 2-C rosie physical stats for other reasons but this is not solid evidence that she can tank a universe bust without a scratch.

For the record, I think that Rosalina is low 2-C in durability even without forcefields based on the reason I gave before the guidebook stuff came forward, but any reasoning based on a vague guidebook phrasing that's obviously just a stupid way of saying "she's a space woman" or referencing her little speech at the end of Galaxy is in no way meant to be a major lore dump that says she's a living Grand Star or anything like that.

Plus star stuff is so much more likely hinting at stardust, a real thing that all humans do technically originate from, than star bits or grand stars.

There's also an old shut down website that requires Wayback Machine or something to dig for that apparently mentions Rosalina creating Grand Stars using a fraction of her power. And that she apparently has experienced the universe being reset multiple times.

But, until we can get access to that...

DarkDragonMedeus said:
There's also an old shut down website that requires Wayback Machine or something to dig for that apparently mentions Rosalina creating Grand Stars using a fraction of her power. And that she apparently as experienced the universe being reset multiple times.
Now this is more decisive evidence, provided it can be found and presented.

Tbh i don't see the need to have the scans of above if her magic forcefields already are getting approved scaling above what the galaxy reactor caused for her raw magic fueling her offensive stuff like her star spin? I'm guessing it originates from tennis/golf games guidebooks tho. Or if they had websites.

Back