• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rock Lee VS Aang

• Fight Location: Chūnin Exam Arena
  • Starting Distance: 10m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Gates restricted
  • Part 1 Rock Lee | Base Season 3 Aang
Rock Lee's AP: 18 Tons
Aang's AP: 35.20 Tons

Rock Lee:
Aang:
Inconclusive:

tumblr_o16m776ljf1sbbfwho3_500.png
c6ffbf76efc92144fe6d3271e5e974f6.png

Last edited:
Rock lee should take this for me, He's more skilled, More mobile and also has a 3x AP Advantage over Aang so he dominates in CQC, Aang is more versatile but he might not get a lot of hits in rock lee because of his mobility and the fact that Rock lee can just beat him down without giving him any rest or time to use bending as seen in his fight with gaara, Aang does have higher LS but idk if he even tries to use his LS In character, And its def not a starting or go to move of his. And funnily enough rock lee has the higher stamina of the two, Yes the gates drain his stamina but he wouldn't get tired before being able to beat the shit out of Aang imo.

Aang actually just slaps via range. That's literally it, other than that, lee can't do anything about fire bending or water bending and he's not catching aang.

Aang actually just slaps via range. That's literally it, other than that, lee can't do anything about fire bending or water bending and he's not catching aang.
Why isn't he catching Aang? He could force a CQC situation, and idk if aang range spams in character anyways. and yknow rock lee could just dodge, Aang's aoe here ain't like kilometers range like on his Avatar state, its tens of meters, Rock lee would be able to dodge those no problem, and then force a CQC

Yeah all of angs bending is mid range, if he's outclassed in close combat then aang is gonna force a range fight forcing lee to try to close the distance which is gonna be hard to pull off due to aang being extremely agile and mobile with his air bending. Lee is not dodging any AoE fire or water attacks, and aang will just sense all his moves with seismic sense.

Yeah all of angs bending is mid range, if he's outclassed in close combat then aang is gonna force a range fight forcing lee to try to close the distance which is gonna be hard to pull off due to aang being extremely agile and mobile with his air bending. Lee is not dodging any AoE fire or water attacks, and aang will just sense all his moves with seismic sense.
He won't know he's outmatched until rock lee already has a hold of him, and by then he's not letting go, A few barrages of punches and aang will be severely injured, Aang is mobile but I'd argue lee is way more mobile, Lee can also dodge while simultaneously closing the gap between him and aang by pursuing him. Aang does not use fire bending that much in character and rock lee is capable of dodging water AoE, And even then he doesn't make tsunamis from water bending, he shoots out geysers and stuff like that, He doesn't use large scale AoE in waterbending if memory servers me right, and no? Aang is no dodging all of lee's attacks with seismic sense, Rock lee is way more skilled and agile than aang, He also has some moves which is mid-air like the flying lotus or just him punching gaara mid air in their fight, seismic sense is most definitely not predicting all of lee's attacks, And his seismic sense isn't even very potent, its way less potent that toph's

He won't know he's outmatched until rock lee already has a hold of him, and by then he's not letting go, A few barrages of punches and aang will be severely injured, Aang is mobile but I'd argue lee is way more mobile, Lee can also dodge while simultaneously closing the gap between him and aang by pursuing him. Aang does not use fire bending that much in character and rock lee is capable of dodging water AoE, And even then he doesn't make tsunamis from water bending, he shoots out geysers and stuff like that, He doesn't use large scale AoE in waterbending if memory servers me right, and no? Aang is no dodging all of lee's attacks with seismic sense, Rock lee is way more skilled and agile than aang, He also has some moves which is mid-air like the flying lotus or just him punching gaara mid air in their fight, seismic sense is most definitely not predicting all of lee's attacks, And his seismic sense isn't even very potent, its way less potent that toph's
This is wank, aang's skill and mobility as an air bender is on a higher level than lee's just looking at his feats and maneuvers. In terms of raw close combat skill I'd say rock lee definitely has the edge but aang isn't that far behind honestly for scaling to zuko and other generals who have military training and actually practice martial arts for way more than lee ever has.
And you're saying rock lee will severly damage aang despite there being just a 3x difference which is just wrong.

This is wank, aang's skill and mobility as an air bender is on a higher level than lee's just looking at his feats and maneuvers. In terms of raw close combat skill I'd say rock lee definitely has the edge but aang isn't that far behind honestly for scaling to zuko and other generals who have military training and actually practice martial arts for way more than lee ever has.
And you're saying rock lee will severly damage aang despite there being just a 3x difference which is just wrong.
What are aang's skill feat again? also soldiers don't even learn that much martial arts, even in real life most trainings soldiers undergo are training their physical strength by doing exercises, not learning skilled martial arts, and in the avatar world the soldiers could just be learning bending and not martial arts, we don't know if they train at martial arts, and lee trained martial arts for his entire life. Aang doesn't even have martial arts in his profile
I didn't say he's gonna severly damage him in one hit, I said if the fight turns into CQC (Which it is at the very beginning) then lee can combo aang which would do a lot of damage.

What are aang's skill feat again? also soldiers don't even learn that much martial arts, even in real life most trainings soldiers undergo are training their physical strength by doing exercises, not learning skilled martial arts, and in the avatar world the soldiers could just be learning bending and not martial arts, we don't know if they train at martial arts, and lee trained martial arts for his entire life.
I didn't say he's gonna severly damage him in one hit, I said if the fight turns into CQC (Which it is at the very beginning) then lee can combo aang which would do a lot of damage.
Aang is a prodigy air bender, created his own air bending techniques, was so skilled he was comparable to the adult nomads who are all well trained monks with years of experience. Out skilled and out maneuvered zuko in his own room in a sick fight scene and his guards who all recieved military training and zuko who beat general zhao bruh just watch this fight scene, and zuko also participated and was bested by aang in their encounter in the well scene. The well scene by itself is a whole ass skill feat 3:06. Bruh just please watch the freaking well scene it's says all I need to say.
I change my mind I think aang outskills lee.
Edit: also this fight scene so many skill feats in one fight lol.

Last edited:
Aang is a prodigy air bender, created his own air bending techniques, was so skilled he was comparable to the adult nomads who are all well trained monks with years of experience. Out skilled and out maneuvered zuko in his own room in a sick fight scene and his guards who all recieved military training and zuko who beat general zhao bruh just watch this fight scene, and zuko also participated and was bested by aang in their encounter in the well scene. The well scene by itself is a whole ass skill feat 3:06. Bruh just please watch the freaking well scene it's says all I need to say.
I change my mind I think aang outskills lee.
That's in a technique not CQC skill, By this logic naruto in part 1 is more skilled than lee in CQC because he learned the multi shadow clone technique which was a forbidden justsu. Military training =/= martial arts training, And in the fight scene you sent they didn't fight in H2H combat at all lol, The fight was them throwing fire at each, That translates to H2H skill? And the well scene is him out maneuver someone who we don't know how skilled is, It shows he's quick on his feat, not that he can throw hands skillfully.

Edit: also this fight scene so many skill feats in one fight lol.
There's one good H2H skill feat in that video and thats in the room, When zuko arrives all he did was spin a staff, and when he did the guards he literally just jumped on top of the guard, The fight with zuko in that room is impressive but not enough to outskill rock lee, All the stuff you sent me are him just being agile not skilled at H2H

Okay bro lmao.
Anyway rock lee hasn't shown any skill feats on the level of aangs that I remember, and all the impressive stuff I remember aang can already replicate. Anyway aang isn't even gonna fight h2h so he just badly out skills and range slaps lee who has no resistance to fire, can't dodge water or ice, and gets over powered by earth bending and out maneuvered by air bending.

Okay bro lmao.
Anyway rock lee hasn't shown any skill feats on the level of aangs that I remember, and all the impressive stuff I remember aang can already replicate. Anyway aang isn't even gonna fight h2h so he just badly out skills and range slaps lee who has no resistance to fire, can't dodge water or ice, and gets over powered by earth bending and out maneuvered by air bending.
Have you watched rock lee's fight with gaara? Cause if you have then you'd know rock lee is more skilled than aang, Also We've brought this up before, "badly outranges" bro aang's range is tens of meters Wdym badly outrange? and he doesn't even range spam in character, The starting range is also 10 meters so lee can force a CQC at the start, Aang doesn't even use fire bending in character that much, He can dodge water or ice what are you saying? Rock lee literally has a 3x advantage in AP... And no he doesn't get out maneuvered by air bending Where did you get that from, Like just watch the rock lee vs gaara fight please

Have you watched rock lee's fight with gaara? Cause if you have then you'd know rock lee is more skilled than aang, Also We've brought this up before, "badly outranges" bro aang's range is tens of meters Wdym badly outrange? and he doesn't even range spam in character, The starting range is also 10 meters so lee can force a CQC at the start, Aang doesn't even use fire bending in character that much, He can dodge water or ice what are you saying? Rock lee literally has a 3x advantage in AP... And no he doesn't get out maneuvered by air bending Where did you get that from, Like just watch the rock lee vs gaara fight please
The garaa and lee fight was just lee blitzing garaa, there wasn't really any skill involved instead of things lee already showed before, lee vs sasuke is a far better fight to showcase lee's skill and that pales in comparison to the amount of skill feats that aang has.

The garaa and lee fight was just lee blitzing garaa, there wasn't really any skill involved instead of things lee already showed before, lee vs sasuke is a far better fight to showcase lee's skill and that pales in comparison to the amount of skill feats that aang has.
I disagree, The punches he threw weren't basic punches they were dynamic plus his mobility is also showcased there, And you still haven't given me a single feat of aang punching skillfully, all the "H2H Skill feats" you've been giving me is just him being good at maneuvering not actually punching, You're trying to argue someone who doesn't even have martial arts in their profile is outskilling a person who trains taijutsu for their entire life

I disagree, The punches he threw weren't basic punches they were dynamic plus his mobility is also showcased there, And you still haven't given me a single feat of aang punching skillfully, all the "H2H Skill feats" you've been giving me is just him being good at maneuvering not actually punching, You're trying to argue someone who doesn't even have martial arts in their profile is outskilling a person who trains taijutsu for their entire life
Ah so punch = skilled. Okay bro. So all the skillful maneuvers and fights I've shown aren't skillful because aang didn't deck his opponent in the schnoz bruh.

Not voting, but I recall Aang being a pacifist and thus he won't been willing to kill someone (Case in point being Fire Lord near the end of season 3) . At the very least, he will tried to incap them in self defense.

Ah so punch = skilled. Okay bro. So all the skillful maneuvers and fights I've shown aren't skillful because aang didn't deck his opponent in the schnoz bruh.
yes. That was what I was talking about when I was saying skilled, Rock lee can throw his hands better, Aang being mobile doesn't make him skilled in H2H. Also You've yet to show me where Aang abuses range. Anyways his bending doesn't do much here, Earthbending gets overpowered, Fire bending is out of character, Water bending is dodgeable and he doesn't use water bending like a tsunami or large scale AoE, He shoots water out like a geyser and stuff like that, and you're telling me rock lee wouldn't be capable of dodging that? Airbending is the only bending that will be useful here, Also lee still has a 3x advantage over Aang in AP which would be very bad for aang, You're seriously underestimating a 3x gap in strength

Op please restrict lee's gear 2nd.
Not voting, but I recall Aang being a pacifist and thus he won't been willing to kill someone (Case in point being Fire Lord near the end of season 3) . At the very least, he will tried to incap them in self defense.
Aang can easily incapacitate with earth bending after beating lee up.
yes. That was what I was talking about when I was saying skilled, Rock lee can throw his hands better, Aang being mobile doesn't make him skilled in H2H. Also You've yet to show me where Aang abuses range. Anyways his bending doesn't do much here, Earthbending gets overpowered, Fire bending is out of character, Water bending is dodgeable and he doesn't use water bending like a tsunami or large scale AoE, He shoots water out like a geyser and stuff like that, and you're telling me rock lee wouldn't be capable of dodging that? Airbending is the only bending that will be useful here, Also lee still has a 3x advantage over Aang in AP which would be very bad for aang, You're seriously underestimating a 3x gap in strength
Bruh you answered yes. Anyway aang still out skills lee just like he fodderizes people who actually throw hands.
Also fire bending is not out of character, like at all, you making shit up.
Water bending isn't just gysers bruh, he can just shoot a massive wave that lee can't dodge.
Earth bending actually overpowers lee's lifting strength.
Nah bro you're overestimating a 3x gap in strength.

Op please restrict lee's gear 2nd.

Aang can easily incapacitate with earth bending after beating lee up.

Bruh you answered yes. Anyway aang still out skills lee just like he fodderizes people who actually throw hands.
Also fire bending is not out of character, like at all, you making shit up.
Water bending isn't just gysers bruh, he can just shoot a massive wave that lee can't dodge.
Earth bending actually overpowers lee's lifting strength.
Nah bro you're overestimating a 3x gap in strength.
Lmao aang ain't beating up lee what are you saying? Its vice versa.

No? He never threw hands with anybody, and he didn't threw hands with anybody who can throw hands, he didn't threw hands against those soldiers, he jumped on top of him, he didn't throw hands against zuko, that was bending, zuko himself doesn't throw hands, In the video you send me of him being "skilled" he literally took out a person WITH BENDING, How is that H2H skill?

Yes, He doesn't use it often and def not as much as his other bending.
When has aang EVER used waterbending like a tsunami wave, he doesn't do large scale AoE like that, He shoots out water but not large scale enough to be undodgeable by rock lee lmao

Wasn't talking about LS, Was talking about AP, He can just break the rocks.

No I am not, a 3x advantage is huge, a 2x advantage is already considered good advantage, Lee is dealing massive damage with a few hits

Wait... he's 90 tons WITH GATES?! Bruuuuuhhhh aang slaps regardless lmao. If lee starts in gates then he gets outlasted, if he doesn't he gets slapped with air bending. Voting aang.

A 3x AP advantage instead of a 2x disadvantage, Aang will have every advantage here, AP Is the only thing rock lee has, If aang is stronger even at that and has bending I'll let you figure out how the fight will go

Yeah and those wincons are like a 100% gonna work now everytime cause aang is stronger than him, And with the gates lee could've severly damaged aang, Now, once he gets close whats he gonna do? try to beat up ang? He can't cause aang is stronger, aang will beat him up instead
It's a 2.6x AP advantage. But regardless his wincons are still just spamming range and LS.

What are lee's wincons? He has the advantage on the only thing lee can do and has bending on top of that
He gets definitively beaten but it's not like aang no diffs, he just low diffs. If lee had gates he could blitz and have an advantage that way but he just gets outlasted so aang wins high difficulty.

He gets definitively beaten but it's not like aang no diffs, he just low diffs. If lee had gates he could blitz and have an advantage that way but he just gets outlasted so aang wins high difficulty.
No win cons = Stomp Even if the fight is close, if one contestant got no wincons its a stomp. also how is aang winning high diff here and ALSO winning against gated lee even though here rock lee has a 2x disadvantage and with the gates he's got a 3x AP Advantage?

Back