• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Robloxian's tier

I've created the blog , feel free to copy it, tweak some of the potential spelling errors in it, and paste it as an actual profile. I'll delete the blog once that is done.

So, reading through bits of this thread, I then stumbled into the 'Incinerator 6000' mini calc that ArbitraryNumbers did, again.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I came across the Incinerator 6000, which blasts opponents with 6000 degree flames. I'm going to assume that it can heat the robloxian's body up to this temperature.

Going by my calc blog, each "stud" is 1 foot, 2 inches. The head is 1 stud tall, and 1 stud wide. I will be using a cylinder for that. 14 inches by 7 inches for the radius would give you 923.6282401554 inches.

Each limb is 2 studs tall, and 1 stud for the other two dimensions. That makes each leg 127008 inches.

The torso is basically the size of two limbs placed side by side, so we should multiply the above value by 6 (Counting the four limbs and the two-limb sized torso) and get 762048 cubic inches.

That's 762971.62824 cubic inches total.

Human skin has an esmissivity of .98.

http://www.thermoworks.com/learning/emissivity_table

Putting all of these values into the radiation energy calculator...

http://www.endmemo.com/physics/radenergy.php

That will give you 7,034,581,196,170.3 Joules per second for Farenheit (Small Town level), or 65,653,852,070,566 Joules per second for Celsius (Town level).

Seems pretty outlandish to me. Unless I calc'd it wrong or made it under the wrong assumption.

If this gets implemented (which I doubt), then we should probably go with the lower end, since ROBLOX is (To my knowledge) a mostly American game, or at least American-originated, so it's more likely that Farenheit is to be used. Plus Celsius seems even more inflated than Small Town level.
A few things to say about this:

Since each limb of the player is set on fire, it can only be assumed that it means that the player is heated up to the temperature you've stated, it also appears that, after the fire is done burning, the player's apparel is burnt (Which means that the shirts/hats are given a charred, ashen texture).

The weapon that the calc is based around could very well be much stronger than what you've calced, as it can affect players that are under the influence of the gigantoform gear (Which are basically doubled in size, more specifically, the size of each limb).

Though, I feel as if this should be re-calced to make sure that the results aren't too inflated.

Back