• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riven vs Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hunterzillas

Guts woulnd't be able to cut through Nautilus? He could do that easily. Nautilus' diver suit is made of iron (lore fact) and it's only part of him. Fused with him. It's not going to get any harder or softer than iron it's still a decent armor but inside that armor is something. Whether it be a man or soemthing else since he can survive in the depths of the sea. Though so can Nami so that's hardly a feat.

Guts before getting his Berserker armor was able to cut through multiple men equipped with steel palte armor. if i remember correctly he cut 5 men at once. Cutting through their arms and stomach with one hand without losing momentum. Bone is still quite strong material so that adds to that.

If we just add ther thickness of the armor and the bones to one armor we could get something that is just as thick, if not thicker than Nautilus' armor. But since it's Steel VS Iron it doesn't matter.

Also the time Guts was inside the Sea God? The sound of it's heartbeat almost caused Guts to die so there's that. Average person would have died or have their head explode or cause brain hemorrhage (depends on frequency)

Id we go by the Japanese manga Guts took 10k simultaneous blows from a Mozgus. 1k in English manga. Still taking that many punches with that kind of strength. Riven or nautilus would have died before 100

...here's the problem, from what I'm seeing, Vajra. The kind of logic you use in VS Debates? Rather incompatible with the standards of this wiki, it seems. Thus far you've been comparing Guts to normal people and champions to normal people when this place doesn't do that. The standards of one verse don't necessarily apply in another, that whole shebang. All of what you're listing might have Guts win in a site that's a bit more stingy on feats or something like that, but right now you are not listing off anything that would make him higher than Small City level, and such levels are rather what this wiki runs on.

Yes yes yes i know that comparing verses can be quite difficult and they may have different standards though comparing Guts to normal people and Champion to normal people seems like a viable option here as the normal people are, from what i have seen in manga and LoL bard trailer to be quite similar. just feels like LoL in VSbattle is a bit biased. I mean Garen is Tj in striking strength because he has stated that he can cut armored foes easily? Well he an do that.

But Guts being only MJ+ when he can do that and more? Something is not right here.

• sigh* feels almost as if i'm arguing with FTDS... I'm not good with math, never have been. I can't calculate someones striking strength from a picture, I can't calculate their speed from a picture. All i can do is logically estimate them from what the picture shows us and from the dialogue that they may have. That's what i always do, i just give everyone what i think is the most logical estimation. if people don't agree with that then fine, if the estimation is clearly wrong then fine.

Vajra Avalon said:
Yes yes yes i know that comparing verses can be quite difficult and they may have different standards though comparing Guts to normal people and Champion to normal people seems like a viable option here as the normal people are, from what i have seen in manga and LoL bard trailer to be quite similar. just feels like LoL in VSbattle is a bit biased. I mean Garen is Tj in striking strength because he has stated that he can cut armored foes easily? Well he an do that.
But Guts being only MJ+ when he can do that and more? Something is not right here.

• sigh* feels almost as if i'm arguing with FTDS... I'm not good with math, never have been. I can't calculate someones striking strength from a picture, I can't calculate their speed from a picture. All i can do is logically estimate them from what the picture shows us and from the dialogue that they may have. That's what i always do, i just give everyone what i think is the most logical estimation. if people don't agree with that then fine, if the estimation is clearly wrong then fine.
You know, it's possible that Guts's profile is a bit outdated. And Garen's Strength is powerscaled from what other champions are consistently able to do, like all the time: cutting through armor is much too vague to justify something that high on it's own. If that's stated to be why, I'll go fix that.

And it's possible Guts will get buffed in the future, it is still on-going. If Guts survives a directed blast of Griffith's reality-warping, and he gets a bit more time to flex that around a bit... well, you could say hi to gigantic Buffs-ville.

...well, have you not read Berserk? If not, go do that and find out, it's awesome.

(Realizes he has participated in going off-topic, skedaddles)

So, yeah, I was told this.

City level Guts is completely wrong.

They scaled him to Shiva Ganishka, who Guts never fought.

Guts fought Mist form Ganishka (a MUCH weaker version) and only injured him because of the Dragonslayer's ability to hurt intangible beings.

Quick question, how do we know it's weaker, especially so drastically so? Again, a bit rusty on my lre, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back