• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ripley vs Predator

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Can the destroyer of the Xenomorphs beat one of their enemies?

Ripley is bloodlusted.

The Predator is in character. It's the movie version of the Predator.

Predator collaboration by psychoslaughterman-d35z8u3
Predator

Ellen Ripley
Ellen Ripley

Predator

Scenario 1: Ripley has a pulse rifle with a grenade launcher attached and the full set of Colonial Marine's armor.

Scenario 2: Same but Ripley has 3 marines to help her.

I kind of like Ripley because I like Alien series... But isn't she outmached here? Aside of Smartgun I think no other weaponry can keep up with Predator.

Colonial Marine have managed to fight off Predators by dettecting them with their motion trackers. So no.

697086 said:
Colonial Marine have managed to fight off Predators by dettecting them with their motion trackers. So no.
Scenario 1: No motion tracker... =_=

Scenario 2: Smartgun is better than motion tracker (since it is motion tracker with friend-enemy ability and can deal damage rapidly). But smartgun is afwul on open areas and in very confine areas.

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
If Dutch could kill a predator with limited resources. Ripley should win handily here.
Dutch is hardened veteran and trained in guerilla warfare. Additionally enviroment kind of help him there.

Yamatohime said:
If Dutch could kill a predator with limited resources. Ripley should win handily here.
Dutch is hardened veteran and trained in guerilla warfare. Additionally enviroment kind of help him there.

believe me. You are not gonna make me think that Dutch is better than Ripley. Like. In any way.

Also. If the enviroment help him well. That's says a lot about the predator. WHo is suposse to be akind with that type of enviroment.

believe me. You are not gonna make me think that Dutch is better than Ripley. Like. In any way.

Also. If the enviroment help him well. That's says a lot about the predator. WHo is suposse to be akind with that type of enviroment.
Well, in those circumistances Dutch has better chances than Ripley. And additionally once he knew how Predator tech was working enviroment helps him.

Yamatohime said:
Dutch technically had prep time beforehand and understood how the Predator's technology worked, not to mention he survived a Plasma Caster blast with minimal damage when in the same film the Plasma Caster literally blew a guy's limbs off effortlessly.

The Colonial Marines were being picked off like flies from Xenomorphs in Aliens.

Predators literally make a sport out of hunting said creatures.

What's there to debate?

Are trying to tell me that Dutch is superhuman in durability? if he survived the Plasma Caster was pure plot armor. Nothing less.
As far as I remember that's true. It was plot armor. Because how such reliable tech could malfunction in that precious moment.

Are trying to tell me that Dutch is superhuman in durability? if he survived the Plasma Caster was pure plot armor. Nothing less.
Then I guess we can chalk Dutch's victory against a Predator PIS as well, because there is not reason as to why the Predator wouldn't have been able to kill him like he did everyone else.

How about like in Alien Ressurection the Aliens are willing to sacrifice another as fodder so the others may escape yet in Aliens they are suddenly all about preserving every single life when Ripley threatened to burn the eggs? When they all literally could have swarmed her easily? I'd say that is PIS as well, and Ripley is nowhere near that skilled.

As far as I remember that's true. It was plot armor. Because how such reliable tech could malfunction in that precious moment.

Actually, the shoulder cannon wasn't aiming for Dutch... It was aiming for his weapon to disarm and spare him so the Predator could challenge Dutch to a bare handed h2h fight, which is not rare for Yautja to do if they believe they found a worthy opponent for a h2h fight. Although this could have been that Dutch was the most skilled and tough of the squad so that could be why as well. Anyways, here's evidence proving the shoulder cannon was aiming for his weapon:

Plasma feat- melting off backhandle of large gun
See? cool huh?

Besides that, I definitely don't think Ripley has a chance against a Predator.

Actually, Talonmask, that's not PIS.

The Aliens are highly intelligent, in this novel an Alien Queen is given an IQ test and recieves 175 of a rating. Furthermore, there are dozens of counts of Alien Queens calling back her guards and warriors to spare her eggs, royal praetorians, etc.

The Aliens aren't mindless animals, they're highly intelligent.

Seraphic Jade aura said:
Besides that, I definitely don't think Ripley has a chance against a Predator.
Ripley 8, the Xenomorph-Human Hybrid should the ability to do so, she's dozens of times stronger than the Yautja, just as durable, regenerates, and is about the same speed.

Aparajita said:
Ripley 8, the Xenomorph-Human Hybrid should the ability to do so, she's dozens of times stronger than the Yautja, just as durable, regenerates, and is about the same speed.
This thread Ripley is from Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 films.

I don't know about that... For strength, well Yautja in the movies were capable of ripping spines out with ease, shattering a shotgun, and an adolescent Yautja kicked an Xeno into the air through a pretty thick stone pillar and slammed the same Xeno though another stone wall/pillar effortlessly. Then IIRC, Ripley 8 had difficulty punching a thin metal plate off so I don't see how their strength compares.

As for durability, in the films Yautja have taken an entire combat shotgun clip to the chest and torso only to be seen "playing possum" and keep fighting just as usual, easily take many blows from a "Queen" Predalien, take blows from Xenomorph Queen, withstand a direct makeshift RPG explosion with ease, skin bulletproof to handguns, and unfazed by lightning. Now I can't recall any notable feats of durability from the movie unfortunately though.

Then for Regenerationn, well I just don't think that will be quick enough at all to do any helpful recovery from damage done by the Predator. Plus, while the Predator may not possess regenerative abilities, but he does carry around a medi-kit to recover from any vital damage in battle as well.

And finally for speed, I honestly doubt it... The Yautja in the films were agile to where they could run so fast Dillon was still trying to pick up his weapon as a Predator ran up to him in the trees, easily outran a cop who had several seconds of a head start, evade machine gun fire from an entire military squad, and keep up with Xenos who are proven to have bullet-dodging capabilities... I don't recall Ripley having this level of speed.

Moreover though, it all doesn't just come down to physicals. It also includes their equipment and skill, which as far as I'm concerned, Ripley is outmatched in both areas I believe...

Back