• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse Gods Regen

Should the Greeko-Roman gods have at least Low-High regen, possibly Mid-High regen ?

+ Kronos has shown that he can survive without a physical body and regenerated his essence and body from sliced into a thousand pieces by a weapon that was created to harm primoridal beings. He did this even before possessing Luke, by slowly putting his essence back together from Tartarus into his golden sarcophagus.

"As immortal beings, protogenoi, Titans and gods can't be killed. Even cut up into many pieces, they can still survive and eventually rebuild themselves as shown with Kronos. However, a way exists to defeat them permanently: scattering."

+ The gods are normaly beings of pure energy or something comparable (in there true form) and can split there essence to appear in multiple places and create bodies for them.

+ It was stated multiple times that only weapons like Kronos scythe (Kronos as exception) can kill a god or there essence has to be scattered to the point where they cant reform anymore. This point would be at least blown to dust, as stated by Hermes at the end of the last Olympian. It was also implyed that Kronos was blown into more than dust and his atoms are all over the place.

+ All Titans like Hyperion and Krios have shown that they can reform in Tartarus after there bodies have been destroyed/absorbed/...

+ Furtermore: Both Hermes and Nico are unsure if the effects are permantent

This sounds like legitimate regenration (Excerpts plz tho?), possibly even up to high level? This is at least Low-High though, given they are clearly torn to shreds and can regenerate by what you are saying.

I think personally we should upgrade them to 'At Least Low High, likely Mid-High"

Although I am fine with ants suggestion.

We should put particular emphasis on the "scattering" portion.

Ouranos was defeated when he was cut to pieces and his body parts scattered to such an extent that he couldn't pull his essence back together.

Similarly, Gaea was defeated when Leo obliterated her physical form with the Argo II's self-destruction.

I should also note that this does not necessarily apply to combat. For instance, Ares was kept in a jar for years and Zeus was left immobile after his tendons were ripped out by Typhon.

@Meosos

The Regenerationn only really applies if the characters in question were reduced to essence and if this essence is scattered far enough they won't be able to reconstitute enough of themselves to regain consciousness or a physical form.

By the way about the gods,i am pretty sure it been stated several times in the books that they are exist as long as pepole not forget them,shouldn't that make them with also Immortality type 8?

Ryop said:
By the way about the gods,i am pretty sure it been stated several times in the books that they are exist as long as pepole not forget them,shouldn't that make them with also Immortality type 8?
True, I remember this as well.

It was early on.

I can try to find it if you guys need to

What do you think about immortality type 8 Reppuzan?

@Antvasima

That seems fine.

I also agree with the "Regenerationn over time" part, but it should be noted that this only works if they're scattered into essence first.

Yes, it should probably be fine then.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here then, or should I close this thread?

Not yet. I think we agreed that there are Regenerationn feats, its just unclear which level and how to apply them. At least Kronos should have at least Low-High regen.

@Spino

I honestly don't think that rating is valid, since the profile was made a while ago by a user who had no intention of heeding wiki policy.

It would be best to give him Low-High like the others.

Okay. Feel free to change it accordingly.

The major norse gods lack real feats that would justify there feats at the moment. We just have the feats from mythology (the serpent circels the world).

@Spino

Because the Titans were just coming back from their essence just as the gods do. It's unreasonable to believe that the Titans have exceedingly better Regenerationn than the Gods when they operate on the same principle.

@Meosos

Odin should still be 5-B for creating the Nine Worlds, including Earth.

Back