• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ring Fit Adventure Tiering

You know what, I wanna bring this discussion back. I don't think Ring Fit Adventure should be stuck where it is because it really doesn't make sense from a lore standpoint. Plus, there's the fact that the only abilities key that Dragaux's first key (Out of Shape) gets is Worlds 1-4. Everything else is individual keys for In Shape

When I originally made the profile for Dragaux, his AP looked something a little more like this.

Possibly Small Building Class via size | Large Building Class (via a calced feat) | Large Building Class | City Block Class | City Block Class | City Block Class | City Block Class | City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class | Small Town Class | Small Town Class | Small Town Class

Worlds 1-4/Out of Shape
| Worlds 5-14 | Worlds 15-20 | Finalia | Dark Dragaux | Main Story Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring | Extra Fitness | Extra Fitness Worlds 15-20 | Extra Fitness Finalia | Extra Fitness Dark Dragaux | Extra Fitness Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring | Fitness Master | Fitness Master Worlds 15-20 | Fitness Master Finalia | Fitness Master Dark Dragaux | Fitness Master Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring

I followed a very simple pattern for his tiering, which will be explained in a bit. Starting with his second key, his first Large Building level key, we go: x1, x2, x4 (more in a sec as to why this was wrong anyways), x1.25, x2, /2, x2, x4 (again, wrong anyways), x1.25, x2, /2, x2, x4 (. . .), x1.25, x2

However, this was turned down by Ant for the reasoning of "guess work". Obviously, this was since "fixed" and now Dragaux sits at "Possibly Small Building Class via size | Large Building Class, higher after absorbing the Four Masters"

Now, I understand why, don't get me wrong. I understand that jumping from large building level, the only calc in the game, to small town level is a massive leap. But let me explain my reasoning so you can understand where my head was at and why I'm a little annoyed with the current tiering.

In Ring Fit Adventure, you have three separate stories. These occur, in terms of chronological order, almost directly after one-another. In the first story, the main campaign of the game, you encounter very clear points in the story where it's clear Dragaux has increased in power. As such, that's where I made the initial keys. For Extra Fitness and Fitness Master, the two extra stories for the game...well...it'll be easier to explain when we get there.

• Worlds 1-4/Out of Shape: Start of the game, Dragaux has just broken out of his sealed imprisonment and is currently, as he puts it "out of shape"
  • Worlds 5-14: World 5's boss fight is the first time Dragaux throws boulders at the player. Therefore, large building level via the calc. (x1)
  • Worlds 15-20: This one is where I see that it can become a bit iffy and I can understand it being called guess work. In World 15's boss fight, Dragaux gains a second health bar. Therefore, I made him twice as durable and scaled his AP to that. (x2)
  • Finalia: After he loses in World 20, Dragaux absorbs the Four Masters, who are, at that point, comparable to himself and the player. However, as I stated previously, I messed this up. I counted this as a x4 bonus, as he had four total health bars in the fight, and because he absorbed the FOUR Masters. As you can probably tell, this should have really been a x5 bonus as he absorbed four individuals to add to his power. (x4/5)
  • Dark Dragaux: Immediately after losing in Finalia, Dragaux enters his Dark Dragaux phase. This adds a fifth health bar. Therefore, like with Worlds 15-20, I multiplied his AP by that addition, making this also iffy as a tier. (x1.25)
  • Main Story Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring: Now, you're probably a bit confused by this next section. He goes from x2, to /2, back to x2? Lemme explain. This hypothetical key, which already raises some questions, is based on the plot point that Dragaux, if he would have beaten the Player in their battle in Finalia, was going to absorb them and Ring like he had previously done with the Four Masters. This means he would have doubled his power as the Player and Ring were on par with Dark Dragaux. (x2)
  • Extra Fitness However, as that was a hypothetical, and not an actual event within the story, it does not count towards Dragaux's future scaling. Dragaux at the beginning of Extra Fitness (as you'll see again in a second) is able to fight against the Player who previously defeated Dark Dragaux in the Main Story. Therefore, he scales to Dark Dragaux instead of suddenly being back where he was before absorbing the Four Masters (as he also restores their bodies and gives them back their strength after Dark Dragaux is defeated) (/2)
  • Extra Fitness Worlds 15-20 Now we get into an actual pattern. Extra Fitness and Fitness Master, from a gameplay perspective, play the exact same as the main story. All of the characters follow the same patterns of when they introduce new attacks. Dragaux starts attacking with boulders again at World 5. As expected, in World 15, Dragaux gains a second health bar. Like with the Main Story, this is iffy and could be removed. (x2)
  • Extra Fitness Finalia This time the Four Masters, who were no longer corrupted, willingly let themselves be absorbed in order to strengthen Dragaux and further push the Player and Ring. On top of that, I once again botched the scaling. x4 the total health bars, but x5 the power level. (x4/5)
  • Extra Fitness Dark Dragaux 5 health bars instead of four. Like before, iffy and could be adjusted. (x1.25)
  • Extra Fitness Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring After his defeat as Dark Dragaux in the Main Story, Dragaux was pacified and is now an ally to the player and Ring. Absorbing the player and Ring was no longer a threat or something he had any intention of doing, but was still very much a possibility.
  • Fitness Master Once again, Dragaux compares to the player who just fought the previous mode's Dark Dragaux and does not compare to if he had also absorbed the player and Ring. I think you can see where this is going now. /2
  • Fitness Master Worlds 15-20 (x2)
  • Fitness Master Finalia (x4/5)
  • Fitness Master Dark Dragaux (x1.25)
  • Fitness Master Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring (x2)

So, now we finally get to the actual point of this thread.

I want to try and bring this back, but not necessarily exactly like it was.

While I still think the x2 and x1.25 for the change in health bars could be acceptable, I instead propose this, as to remove any and all guess work from the equation.

Dragaux scaling could look something a little more like this.

Possibly Small Building Class via size | Large Building Class (via a calced feat), higher at World 15 | City Block Class (x5 via absorbing the Four Masters), higher as Dark Dragaux | City Block Class (x2 via absorbing the Player and Ring) | City Block Class (/2 via being on part with Finale Player), higher at World 15 | Multi-City Block Class (x5 via absorbing the Four Masters), higher as Dark Dragaux | Multi-City Block Class (x2 via absorbing the Player and Ring) | Multi-City Block Class (/2 via being on par with Finale Player), higher at World 15 | Small Town Class (x5 via absorbing the Four Masters), higher as Dark Dragaux | Small Town Class (x2 via absorbing the Player and Ring)

Worlds 1-4/Out of Shape | Worlds 5-20 | Finalia | Main Story Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring | Extra Fitness Worlds 1-20 | Extra Fitness Finalia | Extra Fitness Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring | Fitness Master Worlds 1-20 | Fitness Master Finalia | Fitness Master Hypothetical of Post-Absorbing the Player and Ring

Still Small Town level (much less so though) due to the correct x5 instead of x4.

I personally think this works fine, and while it can be a little confusing, I can add a note to the bottom of the page, as I had with the original Dragaux page, listing an explanation and the scaling pattern.

Of course, I would have to then adjust The Player (Ring Fit Adventure) and The Four Masters in order to follow this.

Don't mind this. Just seeing what the scaling would be if I kept the original keys and pattern but fixed the x4/x5 mess

Possibly Small Building Class via size | Large Building Class (via a calced feat) | Large Building Class | City Block Class | City Block Class | City Block Class | City Block Class | City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class+ | Multi-City Block Class | Multi-City Block Class+ | Small Town Class+ | Small Town Class+ (2.229×10^13 instead of 1.14×10^13) | Town Class (4.459×10^14)

Hah! Finally got to Town level!

You can ask some staff members to comment here.

I'm not really comfortable with a lot of this scaling

• Health bars are a major game mechanic and are very rarely treated as some actual stat. To double someone's AP on it is sketchy at best since it could easily be more of an endurance thing.
  • Absorbing four people who are comparable to the MC sounds fine in principle I guess
  • Applying random power boosts has never been allowed or even recommended
So the most I support from this list is the absorption based AP increases.

Yeah, I get why the old was was denied. I knew the health bars were iffy.

Am I understanding correcty that you're okay with the new concept for the tiering with absorption?

I think that Qawsedf makes sense, but also think that 10 sets of statistics is way too much. It is better than 16 though.

I agree with Qawsed and Ant, but imo you should axe the hypothetical keys. There's no need for "if he won" keys which seemingly never happened in the story.

Got it. Remove the hyptheticals, then I theoretically should be able to fuse the finalia/post-finalia keys.

Got it. Thanks for the help. I knew there would probably still need to be some edits done, but I just really wanted to fix the fact that the current tiering ignores 90% of the game.

Honestly, I think being able to fly to other countries (stated as such in the game) and being able to shoot lasers should warrant a speed revision.

If they fight people while flying I can get a speed upgrade, otherwise it may just be a travel speed statistic.

The problem with that is that it's not really possible to calculate how big the countries are. You could guess by using smaller real world countries, but it would never really be accurate.

Back