• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru Tempest Type 9 Immortality

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
9: Transcendental Immortality: Characters whose true selves exist independently from the plane where they can be killed.

This point is something that we know about for his Pseudo True Dragon's key, Rimuru has a main body that exists in Imaginary Space and as long this main body exists then he can't be defeated. Imaginary space is used in conjunction with Multiple Existence.

While it is never completely defined in the series, Imaginary Space's real definition is "Imaginary space is the complement of real space, and the two of them together constitute complex space, or complex space-time."

This point is supported by the LN definition where Infinite Prison which can seal target in Imaginary Space still has roughly the same definition as Unlimited Imprisonment.

• Unlimited Imprisonment: Entombs the target in a complex number of spatial dimensions.
  • Infinite Prison: The ability to seal targets for an eternity in an imaginary infinite space, the ability doesn't permit interference from the outside, and also doesn't weaken overtime.
The topic of LN is not meant to affect the CRT outcome but just prove a point of Imaginary Space definition being based the mathematica or scientific defintion is accurate since the series was written by the same author.

I am not sure. This issue has caused us all great headaches in the past for good reason.

For example: Where is that space located? Before Rimuru obtains Turn Null, we know that it was in Rimuru's stomach, which in turn is located within Rimuru's soul. But after he got Turn Null? He could "lose connection to his other self" within Ramiris' dungeon that was taken over by Yuuki's forces. How could that be if it's within his soul? It can't be. Therefore it has to be somewhere else - but where? Just one among endless questions about this ability...

NeoSuperior said:
I am not sure. This issue has caused us all great headaches in the past for good reason.
For example: Where is that space located? Before Rimuru obtains Turn Null, we know that it was in Rimuru's stomach, which in turn is located within Rimuru's soul. But after he got Turn Null? He could "lose connection to his other self" within Ramiris' dungeon that was taken over by Yuuki's forces. How could that be if it's within his soul? It can't be. Therefore it has to be somewhere else - but where? Just one among endless questions about this ability...
In chapter 233, it is refers to be a sub-space.

Thus I revealed myself, but I think that it was still impossible, even for Velda, to sense me in this subspace.

Still, I shouldn't carelessly rule out the worst case scenario.

However, there's no problem for now.

Even if he sensed me and isolated Ramiris' labyrinth, my clone which can also called as my main body still exists in the Imaginary Space.

Edit: nevermind, he was in his imaginary space

Celestial Pegasus said:
Imaginary space is never really defined and we shouldn't mix the LN with the WN.
Yeah, the actual definition of imaginary is complex space, nevertheless.

I think this ground that Type 9 Immortality can be applicable.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Imaginary space is never really defined and we shouldn't mix the LN with the WN.
It was to prove a point of definition. In any case, i think it would be fine to base Imaginary Space on the scientific or mathematical definition as linked in the OP. This acceptance would yield Rimuru Type 9 Immortality, too

If it's in another space it's type 9

Promestein said:
If it's in another space it's type 9
Yes, @Promestein, it is a another space so type 9 immortality would be applicable.

Sheska444 said:
btw what about veldora then ? his soul resides in rimuru's imaginary space too isn't it ?
No, Veldora's soul is in Rimuru's soul corridor not his imaginary space.

Edited: I saw. In a way, the answer is yes

Turn Null is 4D isnt it?

and without imaginary space turn null will go wild and destroy entire universe

GLHF22 said:
Turn Null is 4D isnt it?
and without imaginary space turn null will go wild and destroy entire universe
Just because a space can store 4-D energy does mean it 4-D space though.

NeoSuperior said:
I don't understand your reasoning here. You mean to say that the Null Energy, which has been proven to exist outside of time (since it preceeds the concept of time itself, just like Veldanava himself), is 3D energy that can be converted into a 4D space-time continuum and can create the concept of time itself? How does that make sense? The energy HAS TO BE 4D in potency and therefore the space containing it likewise has to be 4D since a 3D space wouldn't be able to store anything that's 4D, since Energy obviously doesn't create avatars or anything like that.
^

This CRT has nothing to do with Turn Null which later produced the 4-D energy. Turn Null got its own nuclear dimension and energy which was not stated to be from Rimuru's Imaginary Space.

GLHF22 said:
NeoSuperior said:
I don't understand your reasoning here. You mean to say that the Null Energy, which has been proven to exist outside of time (since it preceeds the concept of time itself, just like Veldanava himself), is 3D energy that can be converted into a 4D space-time continuum and can create the concept of time itself? How does that make sense? The energy HAS TO BE 4D in potency and therefore the space containing it likewise has to be 4D since a 3D space wouldn't be able to store anything that's 4D, since Energy obviously doesn't create avatars or anything like that.
^
^

@GLHF22, I elaborated. In all seriousness, don't re-quote long messages; it is annoying and there is a Discussion Rules against it.

• Don't repeatedly quote each other back-and-forth within the forums or message walls. This easily creates a long line of massive posts that make the threads nearly unreadable.

Back