• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru tempest (regenerator ability)

It's his subordinate venom's ability which allowed him to regenerate getting completely destroyed along with his soul, rimuru due to food chain has the ability has well.

It would help to leave this stuff clarified for the future (especially because Rimuru's profile only mentions the Low-Godly, which is an open window to generate this confusion over and over).

EDIT: Nevermind about the adding to profile part, as that's already there now.

The original skillholder was a demon named Venom. He gained this skill before he was named by RImul, at that time he was still a nameless demon without physical form/body. Diablo came back to ye ol' hometown, ze good 'ol demon world to recruit some demon coz he wants to be useful to Rimul. Seen a nameless demon who looks though (Venom), fight happen, the nameless demon got stomped and got his soul destroyed. This demon suddenly gained a skill named Regenerator which let him regenerate his astral body in an instant. The stomping-regenerating goes on for quite some time until Diablo get serious and throw End of World at him. Dude still survive and got recruited. Happy end

@Fate From what i remember venom was back in the demon world, when he was just a spirit, demons are spiritual beings and needs bodies to manifest in the real world, anyway venom was fighting someone and his body, in otherwords his soul, got destroyed, but he regenerated anyway.

On the translation I had read, his soul/astral body was shattered to pieces.

That would imply a high level of Low-Godly where he regens from mere fragments of his soul.

Was his soul entirely erased on occasion? Because Mid-Godly kinda recquires that.

That's why I'm asking.

The dude still got hit by a serious Diablo's End of World and live to tell the tale. And End of World completely destroy anything that Diablo rejects and it has killed someone with low godly regen

Diablo wasn't even half serious when he used End of The World in that match. And there isn't a single occasion where they outright state that Venom was erased from existence (the closest I've seen is the aforementioned "crushed to pieces", "shattered to pieces", and so on, hence why I'm asking if I ignored some other occasion).

Diablo outright says he'll show him A LITTLE of his seriousness.

"Kufufufu! Interesting! There's still a person with backbone, huh? Good.

My name is Diablo.

By the name granted by a great master, I will show you a little of my seriousness!
"

End of World/World's Collapse

...At that time, I had certainly experienced the end of the world."

After this Venom goes on to say some stuff about Diablo being much, much stronger and he, at best, reaching his feet if anything. Then we have this:

"But I'm not regretting it. I felt a feeling of satisfaction that I had not felt until now together with death... But I never met with it."

This is kinda blatant that he was spared from EoW by Diablo. And even more after that we also have:

"When I manifested in the Surface world for the first time, I was summoned by that person, Diablo."

@Fate Since when were you into tensei? Just curious, since this is untranslated material here, if so have you finished the series? Cause we really need a eos key for rimuru.

Anyway yea seems like he didn't get get by eow.

I've started reading into it after I saw OP Rimuru being OP in threads. ovo But no, I haven't finished it by a long shot (that's why when I answered here, I assumed there was another occasion for the Mid-Godly stuff that I hadn't read yet and was assuming the confusion people were having with the Low/Mid-Godly thing came from this).

Frankly speaking, I'd rather be wrong here. So if I am mistaken on anything, by all means correct me on this stuff.

Not anymore occasions from what i remember besides rimuru being able to exist in non-existent space-time which tried to erase him or something, which i don't know if it's mid-godly regen or resistance to existence erasure.

At least Low-Godly could be appropriate.

Just realized that venom had a sidestory lol, which is where this feat happens, haven't read any of the tensei side-stories.

Anyway it seems venom was first killed but instead of dying he obtained the regenerator skill, then afterwards his soul got crushed into pieces and he regenerated, then he got hit by end of the world.

Yet he still lived afterwards, end of the world has an affect which denies everything and brings about it's destruction, if he got hit by that he would have been completely destroyed, yet he still lived, this is the same end of world that denied shion's chaotic fate which allows her to be able to cut through anything even if fate said it couldn't be cut, if venom got hit and survived it should be mid-godly regen

Yea diablo is far above his level, but he still can survive diablo's attacks due to his skill.

No, not really. Because on top of the above quotes, he also goes on to talk about Rimuru being there and being even more of a monster than Diablo and that Rimuru was in a different dimension of power altogether.

Then we also have this piece of dialogue:

"Like me, the people who received baptism from Diablo-sama, kneeled identically.

I understood that there was a person who was overwhelmingly superior to me, but I didn't mind this treatment.

Before Diablo-sama were people that weren't any different from me.

I could agree that it was natural.

These people were once my comrades...

Because they cried and swore that they desired to be useful to Rimuru-sama by all means, I thought I should allow them to accompany me.
"

Now unless every single one of Rimuru's subordinates that previously met Diablo can return from an Erasure from End of The World or having their soul completely erased (which definitely doesn't sound like the case since they all are listed as Low-Godly right now), this one occasion sounds like Low-Godly.

And then we have this:

"I Had achieved evolution and received a physical body in this world

A new body and also a new power.

I became an Arc Demon, for I had evolved into existence with a different class.

However, I realized one fact: Even after obtaining this much power, the current me had yet to reach the feet of Diablo-sama."

So even post-boost from Rimuru, a powered up Venom couldn't even begin to compare to Diablo's power. Coupling this with the other quotes above, this one feat doesn't sound like Mid-Godly to me, though Rimuru could still get it through that other feat you mentioned if it counts, which I dunno (if anything, he should also be very resistant to Existence Erasure anyways).

That doesn't really prove anything venom has a skill which specifically allows him to be able to regenerate his soul, while other people like diablo can regen as long as their souls aren't destroyed.

In terms of power venom is fodder to rimuru and diablo, but that doesn't in anyway negate him being able to regenerate from being erased.

Diablo>venom yea, but don't see how that disproves his regen.

Because the story outright states that Diablo 1. Wasn't serious about it. and 2. Venom never met with said Death and Diablo actually spared him to join Rimuru. 3. Other Rimuru subordinates faced the same "baptism" (meaning this crushing beatdown or an EoW to the face) from Diablo and they're all still there to serve Rimuru despite none of them actually having Regenerator.

Being serious or not doesn't negate that he still survived the attack, whether being serious or not, existence erasure is existence erasure.

He didn't die because he regenerated.

Baptism doesn't necessarily mean he used end of the world on his other subordinates, unless you can prove he did, venom has something the others don't have, a skill specifically geared towards regenerating him.

But it does. One thing is a person who erases existences actively wanting to erase you with their powers. Another is them using a little fraction of their powers and actually wanting you to be spared.

The entire context of the story points to Venom not being utterly destroyed by EoW not because he "regenerated" from it (seriously, there isn't one line in the whole story saying he was erased and not one saying he regened from EoW at all, either) but because Diablo willed it.

And we also get after EoW the quote that he was summoned by Diablo, not that he regenerated from being erased by it. He brought him to Rimuru so he would pledge his allegiance.

But, as I said before, I'd rather be wrong here so that's all the input I'll be giving on the discussion.

Whether it stays or goes, neutral here.

The dialogue in question:

By the name granted by a great master, I will show you a little of my seriousness!ÒÇì

End of World (World's Collapse)

At that time, I had certainly experienced the end of the world. Originally, the likes like me was an "unneeded thing", I was able to understand that there was no need to use it. Ah, the status was too different. But I'm not regretting it, I felt a feeling of satisfaction that I had not felt until now together with death... But I never met with it.

You missed that part of the dialogue, he says he felt the difference in power along with death, but he never met with it, so he felt death but he didn't die, seems to me like he regenerated.

I also understand the viewpoint that he didn't die because diablo willed it though, also neutral on this, just putting it as at least low-godly would be ok with me.

Venom's subordinates don't take an End of World to the face, they just got stomped. Diablo only used it on Venom because of his tenacity from Regenerator that regenerates him again and again which let Venom to continously try to fight Diablo, in which case led Diablo to use End of World. The only time someone was "spared" from End of World was only with Karion and Diablo specifically used Paradise Time beforehand, any other time it was used that isn't the case.

I think what fab says does make sense, think of it like this, everyone else diablo fought when he went back to the demon world were at best arch demons, while diablo from the beginning was the strongest arc demon, then he became stronger by becoming a demon duke and even after all the other demons themselves become demon dukes diablo was still stronger.

Why would diablo who is far above the other demons even need to use his strongest ability, end of the world, when he is already far above their level? In venom's case it was explicitly said he got hit by end of the world and survived, i don't see why we should assume the other demons got hit by end of the world when nothing was stated about it, and it says that before diablo used end of the world, venom kept Regenerationn, which explains why he lasted that long against diablo in the first place despite being inferior to him, and why he survived being hit by end of the world, we don't need anything saying venom got erased, it's a mechanic of diablo's ability, if he survived it, he survived being erased from existence.

...Fine, you want to keep the discussion I had kinda dropped, I'll humor you on this.

@Fab For starters, Venom outright states that they received the same "baptism". While that doesn't give us a 100% "he used End of the World", it's still a fair chance. Of course, in this context, it's still "a far from serious Diablo used End of the World having every single intention of actually sparing the opponent".

There's 0 claims from Diablo that he "only used it because his opponent was that tenacious"or that he would actually even need End of the World to deal with him. We only get him commending Venom on his attitude and then showing a "little" of his seriousness.

Now what makes this even worse is that Venom, post being powered up after joining Rimuru, no less, claims that he doesn't reach even Diablo's feet.

And then we have Diablo himself summoning Venom to join Rimuru, giving us every proof that he wanted his opponent to actually be spared.

Then we have Venom going that he FELT Death, but never MET with it.

Which makes it really, really, reeeeeeeeeally reaching to believe that Diablo legit used End of the World to the point of fully erasing him when the whole story keeps pointing in the other direction from every single perspective.

@Celestial My above post already answers this question. A completely casual Diablo already had every way of dealing with Venom, since post power-up Venom, in his own words, still doesn't even begin to compare to him. So the difference between pre power up Venom to Diablo would be something like a Human to an Ant, more or less.

He still used a (far from serious) End of the World. By that same logic, we read the whole "Like me, the people who received baptism from Diablo-sama" directly after we get the End of the World situation and that's it. As I said above, it's of course no absolute certainty but it's a pretty fair chance.

And the difference is that he kept regenerating against a Diablo who was 120% casual, who outright incapacitated him with a "little serious" End of the World - having Venom going "Yeah, I'm totally gonna die now" as soon as that happens just adds it against him surviving it if Diablo really wanted to erase him completely with the serious technique.

And finally, by this reasoning, anyone who actually resists something that erases existences or comes back to tell the tale from an Erasure attack, no matter how low the resistance, would get Mid-Godly regen as a result, despite never shown, confirmed or even stated to have been truly, completely erased. *points to Frieza resisting energy of Destruction as a disembodied Soul and resisting its effects, despite suffering them*

Also, expressions sounding like "Felt together with Death but never met with it" are used rather frequently in series to talk about situations of near-death experience.

Diablo used a new, superior move against Fake Damrada to test his new move and he said the result would've been the same even if he just half assed it with End of World without any intention to kill. Diablo goes as far as to take and destroy the excessive energy left from the clashing between Shion's Chaotic Fate and his own End of World himself which blow his arm off to prevent Shion from getting directly hit by it as it would've been lethal even for her and he doesn't has any intention to kill her since it would've been something that Rimul won't allow. Diablo used End of World on Karion and he still had to save him and he had used Paradise Time beforehand and Diablo will only kill Karion if he insisted on fighting him after he had saved him, which implies that he didn't have any intention to kill Karion at the beginning of the match as killing him would displease Milim, Rimul's close friend.

End of World would still erase its target regardless of Diablo's intention. All of the instances where the target doesn't get killed was because Diablo himself intervene in the middle of the process, not him using End of World with the intention to spare them from the get go. Or the target in question have means to deal with it either via resistance or something else (Benimaru offsetting it with Dim Stream Slash albeit not completely nullifying it for example). And in Venom's case its his Regenerator skill. If his intention to not kill is all that it takes for End of World to become not lethal, he wouldn't even bother to save Karion or Shion as it wouldn't even kill them and he wouldn't make a witty remark on how the result between him using his new move or just half assed End of World will have the same result. That isn't the case unfortunately.

"End of World would still erase its target regardless of Diablo's intention. All of the instances where the target doesn't get killed was because Diablo himself intervene in the middle of the process, not him using End of World with the intention to spare them from the get go."

/\ You literally just answered the question of what happened here.

Again, the entire context of the story shows that Diablo wanted to spare Venom by that time. And that he never actually died from the attack. And that Diablo himself brought him to Rimuru. There's 0 indication in the whole story that he was completely erased by End of the World or that Diablo really wanted to off him as opposed to displaying a little of his actual power.

If anything the other situations just bring into the play again, that, if Diablo does NOT want a target to be erased by End of the World, he has means of preventing it from happening, which, taking the whole context of the story into account here and both from the perspective of the narration and Venom himself, makes it way more likely that Diablo spared him.

Also when literally everyone else in Tensei Shitara regens from the Soul, it just makes it even more strange that a single character who, again, couldn't even begin to compare to Diablo would break the pattern in one stance and never again in the whole series, as opposed to what I thought before - that there were more feats around of people regenerating from nothing (or at least from Venom himself, since this one in the side story is iffy, to say the least).

If anything, my suggestion is that we leave it as "At least Low-Godly, possibly Mid-Godly" as the best solution here since this character gets "Possibly Mid-Godly" due to a very similar situation.

Well everyone in tensei regen cause they can't die unless their souls get destroyed, it's more so their nature as spiritual beings and not really an ability, when in venom's case, he is a spiritual being, being a demon but on top of that he has a skill to regenerate, he is unusual. In terms of power he is fodder but he can regen.

Anyway, I think "At least Low-Godly, possibly Mid-Godly" is the best solution here as well.

There's no evidences of Diablo actively trying to save Venom in the story. He does nothing to actively save Venom from demise. He just summoned him into the material world after an unknown period of time after he used End of World on Venom. Unless there's more evidence that shows Diablo using End of World on Venom, go back to material world, summon Venom, making him pledge loyalty to Rimul, all in a quick succession, we just gotta go by what we actually see. And we see nothing about Diablo actively saving Venom.

Diablo just came into the demon world, found Venom's group and stomp it, found it boring coz there are no resistance whatsoever, leave, chased and challenged by Venom repeatedly, proceed to use End of World on him, left and after unknown period of time summon Venom into the material plane

And whos to say that Diablo summoned Venom because he was a demon that have a backbone to challenge him rather than Diablo "sparing" him

Venom being a weak character is irrelevant. He has a specific something that let him regenerate better than spiritual lifeform because of his skill. That's essentially what a hax is, a certain something that can make you better or at least comparable to someone stronger than you

Sorry but Occam's razor is at work here. There's evidence of Diablo not even trying to get rid of him. It's full of them - and then there's also evidence of diablo actually bringing him to join Rimuru. And then there's evidence of Diablo being able to prevent his power from actually erasing someone if he wants to.

While your reply relies in a lot more assumptions in favor of him regening from nothing than what the story and the context of the WHOLE verse implies (which I kinda already quoted way too many times to go quoting again right now). Seriously, try to find one thing about coming back from nothing, which the character himself seems to deny.

There's no solid evidence of him regenerating from nothing.

And sadly, there are no other feats in the verse about someone regenerating from nothing as well, not even from Venom himself, aside from this one single isolated questionable feat in the whole series. While they almost make a massive point out of everyone regenerating via soul stuff.

An "At least Low-Godly, possibly Mid-Godly" is way more solid than making a bajillion assumptions out of the blue when we have a clear context of a character not actively using their full power but 0 about this capacity that, really, DOES rely on assumptions, which in turn gives us a Possibly, instead of a solid rating.

"Venom being a weak character is irrelevant."

It is not when he makes a gigantic deal about their difference in power himself, and how much he can't even begin to compare to Diablo.

"He has a specific something that let him regenerate better than spiritual lifeform because of his skill."

Better, yes. From nothing? Assumption. Specially when he goes "Yeah, I'm so going to die now" as soon as Diablo gets slightly serious and goes EoW. Even moreso when we have that "felt death but never met with it".

"That's essentially what a hax is, a certain something that can make you better or at least comparable to someone stronger than you"

The narrative itself puts your point of view into question. Possibly is way more solid rating than outright slaping "Yeah, that's definitely Mid-Godly" given the context of the feat and the fact that there is no other feat to actually back it up other than this debatable one in the series.

Back