• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your thread.

But I'm personally curious about what's going to be Aeons next match......

Uhh, Rick has low-2C AP across Universes without his portal gu.

I think you all decided this one too quickly.

I'd put my vote towards Rick, assuming he starts in another universe because of prep. If not, then he gets time stopped before leaving the universe and Aeon wins.

Gargoyle One said:
I don't see how that's across Universes, that's just Universal.
"It literally eradicates an entire freakin' timeline every time I fire this bad boy up"

He's not eradicating his own timeline. So he's eradicating another universe's entire 4th-dimensional timeline, which he is not in.

As far as I understand it, that puts the range of that at at least Multi-Universal. Why would it only be Universal?

He's eradicating THAT timeline.

If he was affecting both, I would concede, but he's not.

Also, this is very similar to one of Aeon's opponents, the Time Reaper

Gargoyle One said:
He's eradicating THAT timeline.
If he was affecting both, I would concede, but he's not.

Also, this is very similar to one of Aeon's opponents, the Time Reaper

I think I see where you're coming from.

You're interpreting that as meaning that the device erases their timeline and places them in another timeline where their stocks succeeded? As opposed to erasing the other timeline and placing the favorable outcome from that timeline in their own?

However, in both of those interpretations he's still effecting both timelines, and they somehow escape through this unscathed, implying that the timeline got erased while they weren't in it...

You're moving me towards you're side, but I'm not all the way there yet.

Okay, there's the problem right there.

"Got out unscathed" implies not only that Rick set the timeline destroyer off before leaving, but also didn't shoot it outside of the Universe he was destroying, you get the problem here?

Also, again, Time Reaper, Aeon has dealt with Timeline destroyers before.

I don't think it's implied in the comic that every time the device is used they then leave the Universe, I think it's just some sort of automatic process that's not shown, which is why I'm unsure about whether it actually is set off within Universe before them leaving it.

Also, since it's a merging of timelines, the device has to effect the other Universe while not being inside of it. However, whether it somehow drags that timeline into the current one then destroys it while merging I think is uncertain. I now think it does necessarily need to reach across Universes, but not necessarily destroy across Universes.

Also, I'm not familiar enough with Castlevania to know about the specifics of Aeon vs Time Reaper, and how that would differ with Rick's abilities in place of Time Reaper's.

There we go.

And assumption like that is simply far too broad to assume that he can strike from a separate universe.

Besides, Aeon's Time Stop is Universal in range.

I agree, for Low 2-C characters at least, you'd need to really wank Rick above what's shown in the show (try and argue that the time crystal, only shown to work in a fractured timeline outside of normal spacetime could be applied to a device such as the timeline-merger from the comics) to give him Multi-Universal range.

The time stop definitely takes it.

However, I do think it needed a tad more deliberation than 5 hours in and 7-0 vote.

I mean, Aeon doesn't really stomp, especially considering he's outhaxed by Rick Overall, it's just his immunity to Time that gives him the opportunity to Time Stop Ricj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back