• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rick and Morty General Discussion Thread

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vUlRUVjk2MjQ4OC53ZWJw

With the announcement of Season 6 starting on September 6th and with their being many pages that I feel are outdated or need rework, why not make a general discussion thread where we discuss things Rick and Morty?

Why is this thread basically dead
Ikr, I figured I’d at least get a few discussions about at least something. However I have been working on finding some abilities for everyone other than Rick as his profile overall has all of his equipment. I’ve only got to Morty but it’s a good start nonetheless.

For anyone that’s interested, here’s what I’ve found for everyone so far

Existing Profiles:

Morty

-Transformation (Has the ability to turn into a car)

-High Pain Tolerance (Had a train run over his hand and cut it off but acted fairly tolerantly afterwards. Should be just as if not more pain tolerant than the average Morty as he is considered the “The one true Morty”)

-Acausality (Type 1. Had troubles with snakes coming from many points in time to attack him & his family, dealing with it by time traveling and causing the snakes to have never come to attack them, making the snakes who were doing so disappear in the present while the memories, actions & wounds he and his family had were still present. Can also interact fine with versions of himself from other points in time)

-Preparation (Despite being somewhat incompetent, can come up with complex plans in a short amount of time)

-Skilled in combat (A season 1 Morty who was fairly inexperienced in terms of fighting was still capable of defeating King Jellybean. Easily defeated the Tina-Teers who should have had years of experience in using their powers against opponents. Has gone up against alien federations, the US army, and many more experienced fighters with Rick)

-Weapon Mastery

With Optional Equipment, Suits, and Preparation

-Surface Scaling (Via Grappling Shoes)

-Empathic Manipulation (Had Rick create a love potion that makes his opponents immediately fall in love and become obsessed with him)

-Elemental Manipulation (Has the four fire, water, air, and dirt elemental rings that bring Planetina to life)

-Summoning (Via Meeseeks Boxes. Can also summon Planetina with the four elemental rings)

-Energy Projection, Matter Manipulation, and Deconstruction (Via a plethora of guns and other devices. Has access to guns that shoots energy or reduces the target to ashes. Has access to devices that could disintegrate targets as well)

-Antimatter Manipulation (Via antimatter gun)

-Biological Manipulation (Has bombs that can kill it’s opponents biologically)

-Explosion Manipulation (Via numerous types of bombs)

-Information Analysis (Used on of Rick’s machines to analyze where some wine was)

-Portal Creation, Dimensional Travel & Spatial Manipulation (Via Portal Gun. Was gifted and has access to Rick’s portal gun which can create portals anywhere in the infinite universes of the multiverse as well as in any specific place in them if known by him. Once cut an alien in half by opening a portal where he was)

-Status Effect Inducement (The Portal Gun can also self-destruct to briefly incapacitate others around)

-BFR (Can use his portals to remove targets, its self-destruction traps targets near it in energy, deconstructs them and sends them into a small portal)

-Memory Manipulation (Via Memory Eraser. Briefly used the memory eraser while in a fight with Rick)

-Immersion & Social Influencing (Had a device to enter in a target's dreams as well as the dreams of the beings inside said dream and so on. Making someone believe something in their dream will make them change their mind in that way when waking up)

-Time Manipulation, Creation, Reality Warping, and Immortality (Type 4) (Had Rick create a device that splits the timeline into many near duplicate equally probable realities on use, with at least the user being in all of them. Meaning if Morty gets in a situation where he feels like he messed up or dies, he will hop to an alternate timeline. Therefore Morty gets a do over for every situation he presses the button however it comes at the cost of killing an alternate timeline Morty)

-Magic, Life Manipulation, Power Bestowal (Via magic book. Brought a rock monster to life and is the source of power that Rick used to make his power bestowing gun)

-Adhesive Manipulation (Seen here)

-Electricity Manipulation (Has a suit that electrocuted any snakes that tried to attack him)

-Absorption (Had a bomb that absorbed a thug)

-Invisibility (Via invisibility belt)

•With Purge Suit

-Flight

-Explosion Manipulation (The suit can shoot missiles)

-Energy Projection

-Electricity Manipulation (Should likely have the same taser Rick used to tase him)

-Fire Manipulation

With Armoty

-Multiple Selves (Type 1)

-Skilled combatant (Far more skilled than before as his arm has the memories of an alien warrior. Was undefeated throughout his time with Armoty)

I really wish they would make a Pocket Morty side series. I mean, can you imagine the greatness of C-137 Morty having to figure out how to fight powerful Mortys like Psychokinetic Morty who can move planets with his mind and Rainbow Morty who's basically a Bill Cipher expy?

Admittedly they did cover Pocket Mortys briefly in the comics and it was indeed pretty awesome but the battle aspect of it was treated as a complete joke (until Morty snapped and killed all the council members anyway and even that was kind of goofy) not to mention I really would feel better about a storyline that portrays the crazy backstories of some of these Mortys rather than yet another harrowing tale discussing a more normal (read: more boring) Morty's desperate attempts to escape from Rick's control (not that that's bad or anything though).

Spoilers for Season 6 Episode 1

It was an amazing episode, glad they went all in on the story aspect on everything right off the bat, it really feels like Season 6 will be one of the better seasons.

Anyway just looking at this episode we’ll need 3 Jerry Profiles (Post-Cronenburg Jerry, Season 2 Jerry, and the Jerry we’ve followed since then), a Prime Rick profile (aka the Rick who killed our Rick’s wife and daughter), a Space Beth and regular Beth profile (We’ll probably need to decide who’s the clone and who’s not btw), Rick got some better abilities, etc. There’s probably much more to talk about but I saw the copyrighted version on YouTube lol. Also in general we need upgrades on Rick and Morty profiles and we need to make more profiles as well

Not sure how long we need to waitbefore posting unfiltered spoilers but I'll go ahead and give some thoughts:

With the implication that the Jerry we followed from the new universe in episode six all the way to the Jerryboree stagnated in his character development, I think it is safe to assume he'd probably only scale to the Jerry we see from those specific episodes, while the Jerry we have now has the entire rest of the series... which, well, gives him way more.

Rick resetting portal travelers back to their universes of origin seems to be very much on a (arbitrarily limited) infinite multiversal level, as the Womageddon saga and the displacement of both Season 2 Jerry and Prime Rick.

Should a profile be created for Wormageddon versions of any of the characters, or the Worms themselves, since that is almost certainly a separate universe at this point?

Not sure how long we need to waitbefore posting unfiltered spoilers but I'll go ahead and give some thoughts:

With the implication that the Jerry we followed from the new universe in episode six all the way to the Jerryboree stagnated in his character development, I think it is safe to assume he'd probably only scale to the Jerry we see from those specific episodes, while the Jerry we have now has the entire rest of the series... which, well, gives him way more.

Rick resetting portal travelers back to their universes of origin seems to be very much on a (arbitrarily limited) infinite multiversal level, as the Womageddon saga and the displacement of both Season 2 Jerry and Prime Rick.

Should a profile be created for Wormageddon versions of any of the characters, or the Worms themselves, since that is almost certainly a separate universe at this point?
Yes the Jerry’s should only be scaled within their appearances on the show. Post-Cronenburg Jerry should only be scaled within the season 1 episodes he is present in and season 6 episode 1, “Season 2 Jerry” should only be scaled to the episodes he’s in up to the Jerry boree mix up, and the Jerry we get after the mix up can scale to the rest of the series from mix up and on

Rick should only get infinite Multiversal range

Yes the Wormageddon versions of the characters are basically confirmed to be characters separate from our Rick and Morty line of characters since in the last Wormageddon promo they turn green and go back to their original realities because of our Rick’s actions.

Unrelated to season 6 spoilers but is there any reason Morty doesn’t have 9-B AP via scaling to Rick and harming other 9-B aliens? There’s plenty of times that Morty has harmed wall level characters, in fact, our Morty was stated to be “The One True Morty” and assists the Rickiest Rick so he should be far above your average Morty. Your typical Morty has at least wall level durability and can harm each other.

Because all I have is

in the Episode "Mort Dinner Rick Andre" rick gains the fallowing powers:

Ricks space ship can open portals, Rick has something that can open a portal to a pocket dimension where there is a time dilatation with the portal cuting anything in its way when it opens and leaves burn marks on the ground, has a beam that extended a table to be longer, has a glove that can lift rocks (morty used it alongside his energy weapons to destroy a castle)

Okay. Can you verify if the video contains the material that it should, please?

Also, what needs to be added exactly, in that case?

Okay. Can you verify if the video contains the material that it should, please?

Also, what needs to be added exactly, in that case?
Given they say it syncing all your possible versions and can kill all of them by drinking that liquid

I say probably mind Manipulation, body Manipulation on a Multiverse+ scale (as ita linking all you're alternatives selfs and you can affect all of them physically such as with death via you dying)

Okay, so it affects his range to Multiversal+ and gives him a massive degree of body manipulation then?

This is a sick sick fiction written by sick sick minds, but okay then.

As long as the information is reliable, you can probably add that information to Rick's page.

Back