• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Richter Belmont vs Sephiroth - VSBW Style! 2-0-7

From what I'm seeing above, I'm leaning more toward Richter, but barely. Their hax and resistances more or less cancel each other out, but it seems like the current narrative is that Vampire Killer's power null will work if Sephiroth is killed and his soul attacked from there, as with Dracula. Needless to say that's a finish line Richter is familiar with, and I'd say Richter is more familiar fighting against swords than Sephiroth is with fighting against whips. I'm going Richter with high difficulty

Isn't that only for his 3-C tier though?

Edit: Wait that's from ff8 not 7
Sephiroth scales above it thanks to Cloud.

(Normal Advent Children Scaling Chain) > Disc 2 Cloud = FFT Cast => FF12 Cast > Transformed Gilgamesh > Eden. Cloud's appearance in FFT is considered canon on the profiles.

Yeah I really don't know about that, everything I'm reading only seems to confirm that cloud in tactics is canon to tactics, not vii, and stuff like clouds clothes and cloud referencing things from vii is obviously going to occur since that's what he's known for. Also we don't consider disidia canon afaik.

I didn't use Dissidia, though, all of the scaling chain above is from the mainline games.
I know I'm referring to the things cherry blossom slash wrote, he used considering disidia canon as evidence for tactics being canon, when we don't consider disidia canon.

I mean we don't use disidia for scaling otherwise everyone would be tier 2
Actually, there's a specific in-universe explanation that stops them from scaling, that being that all the characters were being amped by the god tiers at the time. It's in the thread I linked. It's not a matter of "haha outlier"

And again, that doesn't matter because the scaling chain from Eden doesn't use Dissidia.

Even then I still disagree with cloud in tactics being canon, it seems more like guest character shenanigans

Back