• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Richard Spender vs. Henry Stickmin

What does Stickmin open with typically? I see this match really decided by whether Spender goes into Spirit Trance and blitzes, or Stickmin haxes him. Spender doesn't tend to open with Trance, meaning that Stickmin would have to not kill/hax him immediately, or open with an ability that Spender can survive and respond to with Shadow Manip and Trance.

Stickmin has a very good mindset for combat I'll tell you.

Pull shit out and hope it works. (Thanks to his luck, half the time it does)

If he's using it haphazardly and half the time it won't work, then I'd have to say inconclusive. Either Stickmin opens with some of his more potent hax or Spender spirit trances and blitzes him if his luck turns out to be bad. I'd personally say it's leaning Spender, but with that set of abilities he could sneeze and kill Spender by accident.

(EDIT: Spender's AP is .5 ~ 1 ton roughly, which is surprisingly nearly the same as Stickmin)

Inconclusive then. From what I'm reading from Dargoo's post, Stickmin's best attacks will be random, but effective. Can't really say which is more likely to die though.

I mean in Stickmin battles he should know what works and what doesn't, since he has items that he used before, unlike times where he gets a new item and sees if it works or not

Huesito88 said:
I mean in Stickmin battles he should know what works and what doesn't, since he has items that he used before, unlike times where he gets a new item and sees if it works or not
"Variable luck. Somewhat incompetent at times."

The profile certainly doesn't imply that.

Asuka the Demonic Empress said:
Henry uses distract, making Spender dance and then use any of his weapons to finish him off.
His profile and what Ed tells me says he doesn't reliably do/open with that.

He either lucks out and pulls something that kills Spender on the spot, or Spender EEs/Blitzes him.

So, inconclusive.

Back