• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revolutionaries in Red - Valev vs. Technoblade

Jinsye

She/Her
"When MrBeast said he got someone big, he really wasn't kidding," the Blade stated, counting through his stacks of potions. If he thought fighting Dream was big, then he had no clue that he would get to the point where he'd be fighting some big-shot revolutionary bigger than him by multiverses.

"...This better net me some clout, even if I get my ass handed to me," he sighed.

"Techno, Techno, Techno," Phil said behind him, here to cheer him on regardless, "I'm sure you'll do fine. Your own reputation precedes you after all."

"Yeah! You need to be more confident, no need to get so stressed. C'mon! You're the Blade! Of course you'll do great."

"That's where my secret lies, Tommy. I'm always stressed," Techno looked up, finally suited in his Netherite gear. This was probably one of the most important duels in his life, think about how many subscribers he could get! Like that's a lot if he can beat this person, and he doesn't even really lose anything, he gains views regardless. However, the legends whispered to him that this guy is some hardcore sweat at combat, and obviously getting absolutely destroyed would be embarrassing for his brand.

But he won't lose, he won't die. Technoblade never dies, anything that makes it seem like he dies is a glitch in the matrix.

Obliterator of Orphans in his hand, Rocket Launcher in the other, he opens the door and steps outside. His first words to the crowd and his opponent?

"Subscribe to Technoblade."

Match Conditions
  • The battle will take place in an arena like so.
  • Victory via killing the opponent once.
  • Contestants will be starting on opposite ends of the arena.
  • Techno has Soul Sand and Steak, as well as all of his standard equipment.
  • Low 7-C Techno and 8-A Valev are used.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Both are taking this very seriously, though no ill will is involved.
  • They're streaming in-front of a live audience.

Votes

Technoblade: 0

Valev: 0

Last edited:
"You know, when I got drunk and ended up on the casting couch, this was not what I was expecting."

Valev sits, alone, within his preparation and stretching chamber, the wall of glass the last barrier between him, and the battlefield. It's not every day you get signed up to fight Technoblade in a duel, but hey, you've just got to take it in stride. Fluffing his coat, readying his weapons, he can't help but wish he had a like-minded friend to keep him company in a time like this.

Oh wait. He does.

Himself.

"Look, Valev, Valev. You've got this!" A spectral voice in his head, a soul of some centuries past, metaphysically circles forth and pats him on the back. "It's just a duel! Just like old times. Not that you were there for the old times, but just like old times. Beating people up just for the sake of beating people up!"

"Alright, sure, but what if I lose? I'm out of shape, man. I've been spending all my time focusing on not-dying rather than casual death duels, you know."
Valev asks his phantom companion, running a finger along the gleaming silver of his blade. Even if his magic is weaker, the enchantments engraved still run strong. "That'll absolutely tank my clout."

The specter furrows his brows. "... what clout? You're literally an interdimensional war criminal."

"I- Okay, fair point." He lacks a counter, and instead shakes his head and rises to his feet. "Well, whatever. If I wait any longer I'm just going to psyche myself out."

The ghost gives him a ghastly, nonphysical hug. Affection in spirit. "You've got this, boyo. You're great. And awesome. Now go win this, for the family legacy and the judgement of trillions of your peers!"

"Now you see? That's what I was talking about, dear lord-" Anxiety spiked to the maximum, he waves the ghost away frantically, dispelling one of many thousand voices from his head. It's time for battle, now. He breathes in, out, and takes a step forward as the glass rolls down. Is he ready?

No, not really.

Anyway, Valev stomps with Conceptual Manipulation, Power Null, Abstract Existence, and Immortalities. And basically all of her hax can stomp Techno on his own.

Anyway, Valev stomps with Conceptual Manipulation, Power Null, Abstract Existence, and Immortalities. And basically all of her hax can stomp Techno on his own.
Funny thing about that!

... None of it is useful.

It's weird, yes, but all of that isn't actually useful at killing the opponent dead. No, most of it is actually used to counter opponents with those same abilities (except actually combat relevant, in those cases) and kill them dead by stabbing them many, many times.

Effectively, the page looks haxxy, but the guy has next to zero actual durability-negating abilities on his own, with the exception of the Flames - which, while dangerous, are slow and not something he uses in-character because they're not actually that good of weapons in-verse. A lot of fancy terminology which, in reality, doesn't actually mean much, especially in regards to a simple match of stabbing the opponent out.

Anyhow, heading to bed, but the page looks a lot more threatening than it truly is. Guy is still strong - time magic is absolutely his strongest selling point, albeit in this key he's more limited by a mana pool and stamina and thus can't spam as much - but his method of combat still revolves around shooting, stabbing, and punching people.

So-

I'll put what I believe Techno's biggest advantages are.

• AP and Dura
  • Better total regeneration
  • Stat amps
  • Better healing
  • Thorns
  • Ridiculous AoE
Compared to Valev's biggest advantages
  • Timehax
  • Constant regen
  • Can break Techno's enchantments
  • Better knowledge of capabilities
  • Illusions
  • Consortium Flames
Skill I'll leave off of the list.

Which leads to this analysis. Valev has to break the enchantments on Techno's armor, Thorns on it's own is going to be a pain in the ass to deal with. However a hit from Techno is still really going to hurt due to the AP gap (especially with fireworks), and with tipped arrows the AP gap is going to get even worse. Time slow and acceleration are going to be V's biggest boons here, as pearling away and eating a golden apple is a very viable strat for Techno to stay alive, and thus rendering the damage dealt via a 3 second time stop moot nearly instantly.

This leads to an immovable object (Techno) vs. unstoppable force (Valev) scenario, in which V's time trickery, light healing, and illusions will completely force Techno to be on the edge constantly. Using his fireworks as AoE clears to weed out where V truly is. Meanwhile V will be constantly having difficulties putting down Techno, with Steak and Gapples giving constant regen, as well as healing potions and pearls letting him survive if he ever runs into trouble. Enchanted Gapples will be real son of bitches due to them giving off resistance, lessening V's damage output further.

So not voting yet, but those are the points.

I thought about this for a little bit.

So, this fight has two main factors - ranged, and melee. In melee, Techno has quite a disadvantage (I’m never going to get use to saying “Oh yeah Technoblade has an AP advantage” or any derivative on a debate, am I?) in melee combat. Yes, he has AP, but significantly lower speed, skill, and melee versatility. He has what is effectively a shield and a sword/axe, versus all the tricks and melee prowess Valev may have.

On the other hand, ranged is a bit different. Yes, V can fight at this range, but it’s not preferred. Equally, Technoblade’s rocket launcher proves a large problem - massive AoE and moderate range makes it incredibly hard to dodge. Not that he can’t avoid it, he definitely can, be it with any manner of temporal tricks. The problem is, he has to use magic to do so under most circumstances, which will wear on his stamina.

Both, if damaged, can definitely recover back to prime state in little time, which is even further an issue. Regen on both, and pretty good regen at that. So, let’s go over what each of them have difficulties, or have no counter, to.

Valev’s biggest problem is the durability gap - Techno upscales quite highly iirc, so even with enchantment breaking and amps, he’s still not taking tons of damage, and armor means piercing and slashing damage isn’t a huge problem. Equally, he can regen and drink plenty of potions, and while Valev can shatter these, it’s not practical in a battle of attrition for him to use the magic to do so over, and over, and over. Same with the crossbow. It’s not that he can’t counter these aspects at all, but that he needs to conserve his resources in doing so.

Techno’s biggest problem is that he has effectively zero answer for time manip, magical versatility, and the melee skill gap. He may have more experience with these kinds of duels, but he’s not going to be able to compete in a simple sword fight due to speed amps and time magic. Equally, he has no real way around time stop or any of his other tricks of time, be it illusions, alternate timeline attack creation, or regen. If time is stopped, he’s going to be hit, and that is that. Equally, enderpearling away isn’t too effective, as V can very well cross the distance rather quickly to keep beating him up.

A small factor I must note is, while V doesn’t spam it in direct combat and prefers it as an environmental destruction effect to block pathways and limit the opponent’s options, Consortium Flames are very liable to cause death here, as Techno has no option other than to chop off whatever is afflicted if they touch him. Not a leading move, but a distinct possibility to become a factor if Valev picks up on this weakness, and would definitely make up for a lack in range.

So, Techno has high regen, better AP and durability, better range and AoE, and a large number of tools for amplification and staying alive. Valev has high regen, better speed and melee skill, better versatility and battlefield denial/control, and incredibly strong temporal moves from (limited and weaker) clones to time stop for a few seconds.

Not voting yet, but take that as you will.

Durability Factor? I'm not voting for anything but, Valev has Kiri, which combined with Time Stop, clones, and her speed based abilities, can stack its effect to lower the durability exponentially. If I recall, it's the same for armor enchantments to, but it can also break weapons like whatever weapons Techno has.

At the same time, Techno can likely figure out something, given he has blocks and ability to mine to find a way to use his AP advantage without missing as much as it seems on the surface

idk, that's my take, no voting

The durability lowering only goes so far and only lasts for a short bursts of hits. Hence, the AP gap isn't impossible for them to overcome.

Back