• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Cell Saga Scaling

Yes.
DKxO0K0.png
ACJYajS.png
so cell can turn into a super saiyan variant huh?

so cell can turn into a super saiyan variant huh?
Eh tbf, Grade 2 is basically just using ki to expand ones muscles or nerves or whatever iirc (with Grade 3 taking it to the maximum), so it's likely possible that Cell just took the concept and utilized it, no need for SSJ there (although I could be very wrong).

Makes me wonder why other races (like earthlings) don't to use it to amp themselves.

Eh tbf, Grade 2 is basically just using ki to expand ones muscles or nerves or whatever iirc (with Grade 3 taking it to the maximum), so it's likely possible that Cell just took the concept and utilized it, no need for SSJ there (although I could be very wrong).

Makes me wonder why other races (like earthlings) don't to use it to amp themselves.
Actually here's the thing: achieving Second Grade Super Saiyan involves concentrating every nerve in the body and channeling Ki throughout the body to inflate the muscles, realizing strength and speed that "surpasses the Super Saiyan wall"

Nah, it's not even higher lol.

Actually, couldn't Gohan and Cell now downscale from Cell's Solar System Feat since SSJ2 now has a multiplier?

Nope.
SS2 has no strict multiplier, it is only assumed higher than grade three so it could be literally 100x higher for all we know.

Nope.
SS2 has no strict multiplier, it is only assumed higher than grade three so it could be literally 100x higher for all we know.
Yeah at bare minimum it’s twice as strong as Grade 3 since Gohan specifically needed ssj2 to beat cell and did so with less than half the power of ssj2
This right here, downscaling off of the at least 20x multiplier doesn’t work.
True but you could use ssj2 to upscale by that margin

Honestly, I sometimes really hate multipliers, especially multipliers that stack on top of one another. It's why I curse every time I see a scaling chain for SSG and SSB. Since the other thread accepted the x10 multiplier, I guess I agree with the revisions, but I ******* hate imagining what kind of messed-up threads are going to arrive when people scale SS2 like this.

Honestly, I sometimes really hate multipliers, especially multipliers that stack on top of one another. It's why I curse every time I see a scaling chain for SSG and SSB. Since the other thread accepted the x10 multiplier, I guess I agree with the revisions, but I ******* hate imagining what kind of messed-up threads are going to arrive when people scale SS2 like this.
I like multipliers a lot, because otherwise the power up is just an unquantifiable "> base" and I hate that.

I like multipliers a lot, because otherwise the power up is just an unquantifiable "> base" and I hate that.
As I said, "sometimes" I hate multipliers. Generally I'm fine with multipliers as long as they don't go very high or don't stack up onto one another. Like I'm fine with the Kaio-ken multiplier because it's usually been extremely consistent. But the SSJ multipliers especially after the Namek saga have just been ****** up, going into the thousands or millions range based on speculative evidence.

The TV anime has a more direct statement from Trunks, but he could just be yapping, per usual.
This doesn't really change anything compared to what's in the manga tbh.

Although putting that aside, I do agree that the statement of Krillin saying Goku's power is immeasurable during the Cell Games would place him above the suppressed Grade 3 Cell unless Krillin just didn't sense that Cell for whatever reason (imma recap on those chapters out in a bit).

Back