• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resident Evil - Why is El Gigante so special?

Currently El Gigante is High 8-C (With a horrible calculation that was not even accepted in the comments. Like, why the hell do we use v. fragmentation?), while 90% of the verse is only 9-B+ to 9-A... but why? You can withstand the attacks of the giants in three different fights (1:28, 13:28 and against the two El Gigantes)

Like, I know the Resident Evil profiles are horrible these days, but do we at least have some accepted reason?

Currently El Gigante is High 8-C (With a horrible calculation that was not even accepted in the comments. Like, why the hell do we use v. fragmentation?), while 90% of the verse is only 9-B+ to 9-A... but why? You can withstand the attacks of the giants in three different fights (1:28, 13:28 and against the two El Gigantes)

Like, I know the Resident Evil profiles are horrible these days, but do we at least have some accepted reason?
Firstly, it's blatantly obvious he's special and no, you being able to take his hits is just game mechanics which should be obvious. Unless you want to argue the villagers are comparable to him because they can harm Leon? The El Gigante in the first cutsene it was introduced in literally stomped and one shot the villagers so he's obviously special. You can't just solidly scale everyone to it because it makes no sense given it's feats which Leon can't replicat such as being able to smash the giant boulders you can use to block it's path in the second encounter. Heck it can literally squeeze the life out of you and the only way to break it's grip ids by stabbing it in the hand.

Overall it can be possible to scale the characters to it but only to a specific degree because it's damn sure special given it's feats. As for the calc, you should ask a calc member about that, the feat needs to be properly evaluated.

you being able to take his hits is just game mechanics which should be obvious
You can withstand the gigant's attacks on 3 different occasions. The damage is immense, of course, and El Gigante is obviously stronger than Leon, but there is definitely not such a massive difference. A fair idea would be "At most 8-C"
The El Gigante in the first cutsene it was introduced in literally stomped and one shot the villagers so he's obviously special.
I'm not saying that El Gigante is not special compared to random creatures, I am referring to the fact that he is currently massively above everything in the verse, even though he is just an enemy you meet at the beginning of the game and is not even considered a great thing

Besides, the villagers being weaker than Leon is not a big surprise. Even the current profiles accept this
such as being able to smash the giant boulders you can use to block it's path in the second encounter
I mean, with the 9-B+/9-A scaling, which is what is currently accepted, Leon would be capable to smash the giant boulders, only slower

I don't know if this changes your mind, but I recalculated the feat and got 9-A+ (0.24282982791 Tons of TNT)

Calculation should be 9-A+ With fragmentation end, however ndeseu ( RE5) version of el gigante can tank explosion capable of violently pulverizing a boulder which would be tier 8 again.

You can withstand the gigant's attacks on 3 different occasions. The damage is immense, of course, and El Gigante is obviously stronger than Leon, but there is definitely not such a massive difference. A fair idea would be "At most 8-C"
That's still game mechanics, for example, you can survive attacks from the Verdago but when it throws the knife back at leon during the interactive cutsceen, he dies from it if you don't dodge it.
I'm not saying that El Gigante is not special compared to random creatures, I am referring to the fact that he is currently massively above everything in the verse, even though he is just an enemy you meet at the beginning of the game and is not even considered a great thing
It being at the beginning is irrelevent when it desplays feats better than characters later on who Leon can actually fight instead of getting floored if hit. And you'd need a statement to prove otherswise. Sure monster Salzar should be stronger given his size but he can crush leon and lesser enemies can do him harm.

Saying the El Gigante wasn't a big deal despite Leon not saying this is like all other enemies weren't a great thing because Leon didn't admit they were an issue or seemed tired after the battles despite the evidence against this.
Besides, the villagers being weaker than Leon is not a big surprise. Even the current profiles accept this
But they can still harm him and he actively dodges their attacks in cutsceens so they aren't that much weaker but get floored by the El Gigante.
I mean, with the 9-B+/9-A scaling, which is what is currently accepted, Leon would be capable to smash the giant boulders, only slower
That's because of scaling. And I don't mind this, whst I mind is the notion that El Gigante "wasn't a big deal" despite the evidence shown against such a claim. El Gigante can be used for scaling but in no way should the characters like Leon scale to it because "he was early game".

I don't know if this changes your mind, but I recalculated the feat and got 9-A+ (0.24282982791 Tons of TNT)
It doesn't. Like i said, they can scale but I saying that the reasoning is poor because it's reliant on gameplay health bars. What should be said is "Can harm the El Gigante with his weapons and impale it with his knife". This stuff is interactive unlike taking hits which likely didn't happen. We have no proof he actively got hit in the fight.

This is all I'll say on this matter.

Calculation should be 9-A+ With fragmentation end, however ndeseu ( RE5) version of el gigante can tank explosion capable of violently pulverizing a boulder which would be tier 8 again.
Ndesu would have its own page, and yes I've stated this on multiple occasions. Just haven't fully gotten around to the revision process because I have more things about the verse to change.

Remember when Leon smashed that boulder in the mines. (That happened)

Physical AP for the ‘human’ characters in the series should remain at 9-B+ to 9-A at most given that they can rather consistently survive cutscene attacks from Tyrants and other monsters around or above the level of the REmake 1 tyrant, Sherry and Jake However should fully scale to 9-A because they’re virus amped humans and the latter literally has a fist fight with Ustanak in RE6.

Weapons capable of killing el Gigante in 1 shot ( RPG) should make them 8-C given the latter only needing less than a 1.1x multiplier to be 8-C himself.

Disagree with any of them scaling physically to near 8-C off the Gigante because it’s inconsistent and unsupported by cutscenes unlike them taking hits from Tyrant level foes in both movies and cutscenes within the games.

Back on it, rereading the comments, I admit that it makes no sense for Leon to be anywhere near El Gigante's level.
Just haven't fully gotten around to the revision process because I have more things about the verse to change.
Will you try to revise the verse?

No joke Resi verse has a metric ton of feats that are yet to be calced and put on profiles, here I’m hoping someone gets around doing them eventually.

Back