• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
I think we should give all the people who use herbs and sprays the following:

Show Quotes
The green herb recovers physical strength and heals fatigue, helping to strengthen the natural healing process so that wounds heal faster while also having an active immune function that helps fight viral infection. The blue herb neutralizes natural toxins, while the red herb has no effect when used on its own.
~ source​
By 1998, botanists had researched and documented the fact that the red herbs could in fact be mixed with other herbs in order to magnify their effects. An Asian medicine doctor specifically made the discovery that mixing blue and red herbs creates an effect that "strengthen one's constitution".
~ source​
Yellow Herbs provide either Leon, Ashley or Ada with an increase to their maximum health.
~ source​
Fully heals plus cures poison. In the remake of Resident Evil 2, it also grants temporary immunity against poison and damage resistance.
~ source​
The First Aid Spray is a reoccurring Health Item found throughout the entire series, it brings the character to full health; but does not cure poison. This particular type of product was able to heal wounds completely
~ source​

All of this looks good.

I was already eventually planning on discussing a questionable Ap thing about Resident Evil so I might as well just bring it up here.

So currently Wesker's second key is listed as having High 8-C durability for surviving RPG shots and his thrid key is listed as High 8-C for being superior to El Gigante (who doesn't even have a page on this wiki). The High 8-C rating itself comes from El Gigante doing this and the RGP is apparently High 8-C for being able to harm El Gigante. The problem being that doesn't this seem like a giant game mechanic? Like shouldn't we scale the RPG off its own individual feats or scale it to a real-life RGP like we've done for similar verses?

And another thing is that doesn't Uroboros Wesker being superior to El Gigante sound like a massive assumption? Like has he even done or said anything that complelety proves his physical superiority to El Gigante?

Yeah, RPGs are typically 9-A, and chip damaging bosses is generally game mechanics.

I think the Uroboros virus is superior to the Plagas parasite and that's why he's considered superior. Also, I think RPG's can take down an El Gigante, but Wesker can shrug them off. Iirc he took multiple RPG's to the face and it just annoyed him.

So I checked and the AP comes from bring able to kill tyrants (I presume this means El Gigante).

Here's the fight with Wesker. The RPG's don't kill him, they just stun him for short span of time.

Aren't the Tyrants just these guys?

Those two actually have solid 9-A feats and in Tyrant T-103's second Durability key it states "Tougher than before but got destroyed by a blast from a rocket-launcher" which i assume was an RPG, so that further supports those characters being in the low-end 9-A range.

It becomes clear that Wesker/Uroboros Wesker is superior to the Tyrants, but him being physically superior to El Gigante doesn't really make sense.

I'm pretty sure Monster Wesker is above El Gigante, but I do agree that surviving RPG rounds aren't really all that impressive and a usually 9-A.

Well, yea the RPG certainly shouldn't be High 8-C just based off some video game mechanic scaling.

If it's acutally confirmed somewhere that Uroboros Wesker is suppose to be pyhsically superior to El Gigante then maybe scaling him to El Gigante could make sense, though to be fair I don't think he has feats anywhere near El Gigante's High 8-C boulder smashing feat, but other then that I don't think the RPG nor Base Wesker's durability should be considered High 8-C.

wesker surviving the rpg is the only gameplay mechanics here. It makes no sense for him to receive one of these and simply be stunned. RPG can oneshot BOWs, like super MrX, sadler and Glenn, and makes no sense wesker to be more durable than these guy or to be comparable with El Gigante. The rpg is well above 9-A for sure.

Based on that, i think high 8-C for rpgs is fine, only wesker should be downgraded.

Agreed that RE weapons are stronger than they look and noticeably stronger than their RL counter parts. But I'd prefer if the RPG's boulder smashing feat was calculated. And same with that hand gun causing those egg like things to explode. We also had discussions that naturally occurring lightning doesn't quite fully scale to durability unless there was elaborate context.

Uroboros Wesker doesn't need a downgrade, but some of the other stuff could be looked at.

I've written out what the changes will look like:

Healing with herbs and first aid spray, Damage Reduction (Mixing a red and blue, or a red green and blue herb, gives temporary damage reduction and resistance to contracting poison), Statistics Amplification (Combining a green and yellow herb allows the user to increase their total maximum health status), Resistance to Disease Manipulation with Green Herbs (Have an active immune function that helps fight viral infection. Mixing a red herb increases the effectiveness of the process), and Poison Manipulation (The blue herb neutralizes toxins from various T-Virus enhanced creatures such as spiders and moths and other creatures)

Back