• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Request for Composite VIDEOGAME incarnations of characters, in this case Goku specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our rules for Alternate and Composite profiles state that:

1. "If a spin-off version of a character is very popular, prominent, and distinctive from the original, with a sufficient number of feats or descriptions to scale from, it can generally be featured."

2. "Composite profiles should generally only be given to extremely prominent well-known characters with multiple incarnations, and these should only go by their own highest statistics."

There are many prevalent videogames that are produced for anime and other media, and sometimes those games have unique stories attached to them, be it fighting game or something else. The staff had already agreed that Non-canon profiles should be accepted so long as they have unique abilities that make them differ from their original versions. As for specific incarnations, like Xeno Goku, they may need a unique storyline, Scaling, feats, and abilities depending on certain variables.

But when would Composite and Alt versions of characters have something in common that would warrant a page that would be a combination of the two?

When a character has multiple non-canon and popular incarnations that are somewhat distinctive in one way or another, be it scaling and abilities wise, or backstory, I propose that, to save space, creating a composite version of that character's incarnations.

In the case of a composite Videogame Goku: Xeno Goku would probably just be changed to this profile, and given all the powers from every Videogame incarnation of himself-- meaning the dubious nature of whether or not Xeno Goku specifically has certain powers that other Goku's from videogames have is irrelevant. This would make the example character (being Goku), have all the highest feats and scaling from his videogames, as well as having all the possible abilities he would have from these games and all connected material (possibly even including things from the anime, if you argue it properly). He wouldn't be a copypasta, as he would have multiple abilities from multiple incarnations of multiple versions of himself that AREN'T in the normal version. Takes up significantly less space than a Manga version, Non-canon anime version, Xeno Goku, etc.

I believe in cases like this, the creation of a composite profile is good for indexing purposes.

Even a normal composite Goku, with EVERYTHING including the game's taken into account, wouldn't just be a Goku with higher stats. It would have plenty of hax from DBH that exists, Zenkai Battle Royale, Filler, etc. I really don't understand why the general idea of a Composite Goku is outlawed, but Composite VIDEOGAME Goku shouldn't be.

As I said, the character has multiple popular, Non-canon Incarnations, some of which have unique abilities. What might be holding them back would be the stretches one has to make in order to justify those abilities, where certain incarnations of the characters have the unique hax for certain, but the unique versions with back stories are more of a stretch for them. We know A Goku has hax, we just don't have confirmation that a specific version in Heroes does.

This rule should stand in general too, I believe. It's just easier for characters with multiple Videogame feats to have a composite. In cases like Naruto, where there are unique feats, but not particularly unique hax, that's best handled in a blog or something, but if there was a situation like One Piece, or IF (hypothetically speaking, I don't know if this is true) SAO had given Kirito or Luffy or whoever numerous new hax that aren't in his canon version, a Composite VIDEOGAME version would be useful for indexing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back