• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Type 7 Immortality from Dying Light Zombies

FinePoint

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
The entire verse is in desperate need of love, but of interest today I noticed that volatiles have Type 7 immortality (undead).

Anyone who's familiar with the lore would know this isn't accurate. The "zombies" aren't actually undead, but are living people driven insane by failed super soldier experiments, now having a "zombie-like" virus comparable to extreme rabies plus mutations.

They still eat, bleed, drown, die to toxins, don't come back from death- etc.
They do however survive normally fatal things like losing entire limbs without medical attention, and so all cases of Type 7 for Dying Light zombies should be changed to Type 2.

It seems fine to me, though it would be better if you could provide references of these claims, which has become necessary because of the new reference rule.

I forgot that the virus isn't an undead type thing. I guess this is fine. Scans would be good, though I've played the game enough to know you can drown and poison them.

It seems fine to me, though it would be better if you could provide references of these claims, which has become necessary because of the new reference rule.
Well technically there isn't references for Type 7 right now either, so its removal is fine either way.
As for Type 2, it's not explicitly stated, so how do you reference game mechanics?

I know there's a lot of statements about the virus, but I don't really know how the references work in general, so help there would be appreciated.

Well technically there isn't references for Type 7 right now either, so its removal is fine either way.
As for Type 2, it's not explicitly stated, so how do you reference game mechanics?

I know there's a lot of statements about the virus, but I don't really know how the references work in general, so help there would be appreciated.
I guess if the scan comes from a specific note, you could reference the name of the note but if not, a simple scan would do.

https://dyinglight.fandom.com/wiki/Harran_Virus
Well, I guess to start this page from the Dying Light has references already that we can look at.
A lot of them are just "Events from [Game/DLC/Novel]", though.

I don't have access to the first game anymore, so someone else would need to get screenshots of conversations.

Uh... No. Virals die when they lose a limb and none of the other zombies can be dismembered
They can survive without an arm in Dying Light 2.

Edit: Apparently in the first one too, but it's very rare.

Last edited:
I don't have access to the first game anymore, so someone else would need to get screenshots of conversations.
Actually there has been a project on the DL wiki to add conversations for all missions and characters. I'm pretty sure it's on most of those pages

Back