• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality type 7 and why does it exist?

so, i'm interested if there is a good reason for type 7 to be a thing, i mean:

Characters who cannot die due to technically being already dead, often overlapping with other forms of immortality. This includes characters who can keep existing as spiritual entities upon dying.

the issue is that it does what the old type 4 and 10 did, it generalizes a type of character and assumes they should all get immortalities when in many cases they usually don't, hell, it even says that it "overlaps with other forms of immortality", i'm curious if there is a single type 7 in the wiki without type 2, cuz i'm pretty sure type 7 is just type 2 but undeads automatically get it.

here is the thing, not every "undead" is considered harder to kill then normal people, zombies are the most prominient example, if you watch a lot of zombie media, which come on most people do hehe, you notice that several mediuns portray a zombies' survivability differently, for instance, left 4 dead zombies can be easily killed with shoots to the legs, stomach and head, they don't even have type 7 in their profiles despite being undeads, other characters like Sans and Aradia too, meanwhile, i noticed that a lot of characters with type 7 immortality either

-don't have a justification for it
-the justification is just for them being undead
-the justification is for the type 2 immortality they have too

the one instance where i can see this working are ghosts, as they don't have a physical body, however, i'm pretty sure some ghosts in fiction can be killed normally and the main issue is touching them, plus this means any character that is naturally incorporeal, be it a ghost or abstract or mental or whatever, should get immortality type 7 because they aren't physically alive

so, is there a reason for why immortality type 7 was not nuked or changed when type 4 and 10 were, besides it being a wiki wide change?

so, i'm interested if there is a good reason for type 7 to be a thing, i mean:

Characters who cannot die due to technically being already dead, often overlapping with other forms of immortality. This includes characters who can keep existing as spiritual entities upon dying.

the issue is that it does what the old type 4 and 10 did, it generalizes a type of character and assumes they should all get immortalities when in many cases they usually don't, hell, it even says that it "overlaps with other forms of immortality", i'm curious if there is a single type 7 in the wiki without type 2, cuz i'm pretty sure type 7 is just type 2 but undeads automatically get it.

here is the thing, not every "undead" is considered harder to kill then normal people, zombies are the most prominient example, if you watch a lot of zombie media, which come on most people do hehe, you notice that several mediuns portray a zombies' survivability differently, for instance, left 4 dead zombies can be easily killed with shoots to the legs, stomach and head, they don't even have type 7 in their profiles despite being undeads, other characters like Sans and Aradia too, meanwhile, i noticed that a lot of characters with type 7 immortality either

-don't have a justification for it
-the justification is just for them being undead
-the justification is for the type 2 immortality they have too

the one instance where i can see this working are ghosts, as they don't have a physical body, however, i'm pretty sure some ghosts in fiction can be killed normally and the main issue is touching them, plus this means any character that is naturally incorporeal, be it a ghost or abstract or mental or whatever, should get immortality type 7 because they aren't physically alive

so, is there a reason for why immortality type 7 was not nuked or changed when type 4 and 10 were, besides it being a wiki wide change?
My idea would be that because specifically being dead, certain ways of bypassing immortality, like manipulating life-force or the soul (some undead have souls some don't) wouldn't work. This is my best guess. And on the who should get it, i like the definition of undead that states that an undead isn't alive, but also isn't quiet dead, thet is why we call it UNdead. There is also the idea that to qualify for being undead you must first have been alive, as in you must have died. I am aware that non of these is the official definition on the wiki, but its the best I have. Take care.

Back