• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Connie's Instinctive Reactions

Ye, this is a pretty lame reason to grant someone Instinctive Reactions. Is Enhanced Awareness under Enhanced Senses tho? Plus, for someone that have Relativistic reactions, even with "normal" senses don't think that detecting a guy from behind (that is not even trying to be stealthily) is an issue.

She was conscious and active the entire time -- you can clearly see that. The kid bumped into her, and her hyper fight and flight impulses kicked in, and she sprung into action. We do not give someone Instinctive Reactions for reacting when someone surprises them -- otherwise, every character would have that.
She didn't make a non-complex reaction tho.

The Instinctive Reaction page states...

Instinctive Reaction is the ability to react to oncoming attacks without the need for conscious thought. As such, those with this ability will automatically dodge and possibly counter oncoming attacks through muscle memory or instinct. As a result, the user is free to utilize the mental effort that is normally spent on performing these movements on other things.

She didn't react instinctively "before" they came into contact, she reacted instinctively "after" the bumped into each other. I guess you could say her body reacted on instinct to flip the kid but it's only after she was effect so it would be limited at most

Yeah it does, we have brain functions that works even when we are unconscious, if a character can use it combat wise, it is instinctive reaction, be limited or not
When is it said that she is able to use? Cone was simply startled and then made a mechanical movement that she uses several times a day in training. She simply did what an ordinary human can do. You ignored 90% of my comment

When is it said that she is able to use? Cone was simply startled and then made a mechanical movement that she uses several times a day in training.
Why would Connie need to state that scan use it if she explains what happend? Martial Arts was fixed in the subconscious part of her mind, and she used it without being aware due merely instinct, and guess what? That's a brain function that works involuntary, copy pasted from google

'The central nervous system (CNS) consists of the brain and spinal cord. ... The autonomic system, a complex subset of the peripheral nervous system, controls involuntary activities, such as heart rate, temperature, and the smooth muscle activity of the vascular and digestive systems.''

yada yada

Not sure what puts this above someone with real-life combat experience or any normal person whatsoever. She reacted as part of a startle reflex, so I'm unsure how this indicates Instinctive Reaction in the way we list it here.

Why would Connie need to state that scan use it if she explains what happend?
Because what Connie says self refutes the fact that she can use it whenever she wants. She literally says in the whole episode that she did it intentionally and didn't mean to break the boy's arm. I can say "Wow, I punched a woman in the parking lot because she scared me. I have a ******* super power now". She just made a mechanical movement of the body, that is common
'The central nervous system (CNS) consists of the brain and spinal cord. ... The autonomic system, a complex subset of the peripheral nervous system, controls involuntary activities, such as heart rate, temperature, and the smooth muscle activity of the vascular and digestive systems.''
Could you tell me why this applies to anything here? That's what I'm saying, something mechanical and common. It is not something special

Instinctive Reactions is not reacting to stimuli off of reflex. Instinctive Reactions revolves around all of your reactions being based on instinct.

Take for example Ultra Instinct from Dragon Ball which allows the user to act without the need to think. Their body moves autonomously based on its instincts -- they are running on autopilot. On the other hand, Connie was startled and reacted impulsively. Everybody does this. This is just human nature.

Because what Connie says self refutes the fact that she can use it whenever she wants. She literally says in the whole episode that she did it intentionally and didn't mean to break the boy's arm. I can say "Wow, I punched a woman in the parking lot because she scared me. I have a ******* super power now". She just made a mechanical movement of the body, that is common
I did not said that she can use it whenever she wants, and she didnt mean to break his arm, as she wasn't aware of what she did, she just noticed it after a while
Could you tell me why this applies to anything here? That's what I'm saying, something mechanical and common. It is not something special
Involuntary movements due instinct
Why would it need to be special if it's some short of power that does exist IRL?

did not said that she can use it whenever she wants
if a character can use it combat wise, it is instinctive reaction
ok
she didnt mean to break his arm, as she wasn't aware of what she did, she just noticed it after a while
I also only noticed that I had punched a woman when I finished punching. That is the reason for being mechanical and insitive, if you knew what you were doing you would not do it.
Involuntary movements due instinct
You are giving any human in the world the ability to Instinctive Reactions, which is not real

Back