• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the copyright infringement stuff and whether or not it's a fanfic, there's an elephant in the room that nobody else in the thread seems to have mentioned. Back in the previous thread, @Regidian mentioned that one of the characters becomes TOAA at the end of a novel.

Though he was both wrong and right. I've read the final chapters of Non-Human Integrated Gene Physique, and Lan Mu doesn't become TOAA at the end.

However- another novel that's connected to the verse, Brain Hole Explosion (or just Brain Explosion), has one of its characters straight up become The One Above All. The blog that was made by @ActuallySpaceMan42 himself states this outright (You should read the rest of this blog by the way, it's possibly the most powerscale-y sounding profile of all time).

So, not only is this verse breaking multiple wiki standards, including it being a massive fanfic that breaks multiple copyright laws, but it also has one of its characters become the strongest character from a completely different IP in an attempt to beat the author and the other characters.
My fault i readed the different verse in chinese so i merge them easily

The verse, however subject to possible legal claims, appears to be a licensed work on its own right.

I see it staying as it should.

However it is to be strongly stressed that the characters summoned will not scale from the original franchises they are originally from.

Every feats and cosmology will need to be coming from the novel itself.

For legal issues with the verse, its author and verse copyright owner, may I remind everyone that legal sues can happen on big titles as big as Marvel and DC. In fact Captain Marvel (Marvel) vs Captain Marvel (DC) is by itself a big legal case involving four comic houses back then. It has been resolved and has evolved into one Death Battle episode of Captain Marvel vs Shazam.

What do you think?
Personally speaking I don't think it counts as fan fiction, however, I do think it has far to many examples of flagrant usage of other intellectual property. While I don't mind the verse being removed, I do think we need to adjust our rule set to be clearer on this matter. Since at the moment I feel it's in a grey area rules wise.

Okay. I will do so then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back