• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rematch Yukari Yakumo vs Kumagawa Misogi

I like how every Kumagawa match I see people say "sealing gg", ignoring that using said sealing (Bookmaker) makes Kumagawa get a draw at best as it equalizes his opponent to himself in everything including damage taken.

I like how every Kumagawa match I see people say "sealing gg", ignoring that using said sealing (Bookmaker) makes Kumagawa get a draw at best as it equalizes his opponent to himself in everything including damage taken.
Dosnt it knock out everyone because of the shock of being on Kumagawas level? Like im pretty sure Medaka had just too much willpower for Bookmaker

Dosnt it knock out everyone because of the shock of being on Kumagawas level? Like im pretty sure Medaka had just too much willpower for Bookmaker
Don't recall that being a consistent effect of Bookmaker... or if that ever happened. Considering that Bookmaker also equalizes mentality it technically shouldn't happen.

Don't recall that being a consistent effect of Bookmaker... or if that ever happened. Considering that Bookmaker also equalizes mentality it technically shouldn't happen.
Okay, rechecked the fight. Knock out wasnt directly stated, but Kumagawa was shocked that Medaka was still standing after being hit by it, so his minus mind would have a impact on anyone below Medaka.

Okay, rechecked the fight. Knock out wasnt directly stated, but Kumagawa was shocked that Medaka was still standing after being hit by it, so his minus mind would have a impact on anyone below Medaka.
But Yukari isn't below Medaka, Yukari scales higher than Medaka, based on the profiles.

Im not here to argue for Kumagawa, coudn't careless about Medaka Box matches. Just wanted to make sure i remembered that one Bookmaker detail correctly.

You can't really say that it not affecting Medaka is evidence that it would affect everyone below Medaka. The best you get from that is that there might be some people which it knocks out... although even that is speculation. As it equalizes fighting spirit it really shouldn't.
In fact, it might be that Kumagawa was underestimating himself here, in thinking that something like that would knock someone on his level out...

Kumagawa instantly defeated Kugurugi with just book maker. Well, with the good old All Fiction erasing time to blitz+Bookmaker.

But yes Bookmaker in itself is a win con, as it incapp opponent without godly willpower.

Bookmaker makes opponents lose because the misery of being in Kumagawa's shoes is too much.
Kugurugi and Shiranui had a mental breakdown from it and lost
Dude didn't want a draw out of Medaka with it either, his bet was that Bookmaker would be too much even for her

Back