• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reid Astrea Profile Changes

To interact with regulus it would only be necessary to remove the time stop from the formula
Definitely so, at best this should be a limited acausality type 4, just characters who can ignore stopped time can easily damage it.
Why exactly does he have type 4 acausuality negation?
Accordingly, Reid should have a time stop resistance instead of acausality type 4 negition because it can cut someone in stopped time.

Last edited:
Does the profile literally say something else?
It literally says that he cannot be affected because he is in his own time and not because he is outside of time or reality.
I didn't mention being outside of reality. It's the fact that he cannot change that grants Acaus. I've already said it behaves more like Type 5 than 4 in application.

There was only one possibility left of all the patterns he had imagined that could explain—his power didn’t make him invincible at all. It was a time stop ability. More precisely, Regulus could stop time for all sorts of objects. Fulfilled. Not lacking. Complete. The twisted worldview that Regulus espoused in all things spoke to the hideous way he lived, but it was also a confession of his power. “If time has stopped for an object, then that means it doesn’t change. No change means no getting injured, and it also means no getting wet, either. The dirt you throw and the water droplets all had their time stopped, too, so they couldn’t be held back by the things they hit and just passed right through.” It was like the classic manga vacuum slash ability. There were all sorts of abilities in stories where people could cut through space itself, so that no matter how hard the thing they were trying to cut, they could still slice right through it. And Regulus’s ability allowed something similar. With his time stopped, Regulus Corneas himself was a distortion in space. The bits of dirt that had been suspended in time had the destructive power to break through any and all defenses. It was possible to walk freely across the top of water whose time had been frozen. And he could nullify all attacks against him by simply stopping his own time. It was the ultimate attack and the ultimate defense depending on how it was used. The invincibility was just a side effect of time stopping.
Despite his amateur stance and bearing, his speed was beyond all reason. Every once in a while, Regulus had displayed an ability to instantaneously accelerate that had shocked even Reinhard. However, now that Subaru knew what his power was, he also understood the trick behind that. “Fgh!” That moment, he unleashed all the power he had built up in his right leg, not hesitating as he leaped to the side, dodging in the exact way he had planned before even standing up. Since Regulus could only dash straight forward, his attack completely missed. Regulus’s superhuman change was also an effect of stopping time for his body. By freezing time for his body, he could prevent all physical phenomena from interacting with him. That was the crux of his power. That meant freedom from every possible law that might hold him back. By freeing himself from gravity, air resistance, and conservation of momentum, Regulus gained an extraordinary source of power. But the fact that he didn’t use it more often was probably because he couldn’t fully control it himself—
All thoughts of holding back had gone out the window. This was the limit of his mercy. It didn’t matter that that boy had figured out Lion Heart or that some Sword Saint had showed up again. Even with only five seconds, if he was invincible, there were any number of ways he could kill them all. The only thing that had stopped him was that he didn’t enjoy seeing scenes of despair and the echoes of death cries, so he had chosen to abstain. That was all. With Lion Heart active, Regulus could ignore all the rules of the world if he wanted to. If he used that method, then any being chained down by such concepts couldn’t begin to match him.

I didn't mention being outside of reality. It's the fact that he cannot change that grants Acaus. I've already said it behaves more like Type 5 than 4 in application.
Is this serious?

The first two quotes are saying that nothing changes because time stops.
If time has stopped for an object, then that means it doesn’t change. No change means no getting injured, and it also means no getting wet, either.
By freezing time for his body, he could prevent all physical phenomena from interacting with him. That was the crux of his power. That meant freedom from every possible law that might hold him back. By freeing himself from gravity, air resistance, and conservation of momentum, Regulus gained an extraordinary source of power.
You know, I don't know if you know, but that's literally how a stop in time works.

If I stop something in time, nothing will affect it.

If I stop time on a chair and throw water on it, it obviously won't get wet, because that's how stopping time works.

If I stop time for anything, any physical phenomenon will not interact with it.

Seriously, the first two scans are him saying that he stops the time of something and that thing obviously doesn't change because that's how stopping the time of something works.

While the last scan only adds to the second one, he can ignore laws like gravity or air resistance, since obviously because he is frozen in time, those things wouldn't affect him. And even so, ignoring laws or concepts does not confer type 4 acausuality, at most resistance.

Regulus's authority is just a better Lions heart
True, I forgot Lion's Heart was just better EMM, sorry.

The high-pitched chant made the Mana inside of Subaru’s damaged Gate sensitive to Beatrice’s manipulation, and from there, exclusive magic which no one else had yet developed was casted. One of three original spells devised by Beatrice and Natsuki Subaru―― the magic of absolute defense, E · M · M, was activated.

Subaru’s body would be wrapped in an invisible magical field which would allow him to sidestep from the plane of existence, nullifying any attack on him, be it physical or magical.

Regulus’s fingertips did not bring any harm to Subaru upon reaching him. Upon witnessing this incident, for the first time, Regulus revealed an expression of stiff shock.
During the activation of E · M · M, Subaru would not receive any interference from the outside world, being rendered unable to move. It was the result of applying all of Beatrice’s Yin magic skill and knowledge into manipulating time and space in a limited area around Subaru.

Subaru: “It’s a bit weird realizing that the effect is similar to that asshole’s―― Guah!?”

The Sin Archbishop of Greed, Regulus, could stop the effect of time on his body by transferring his heart.

E · M · M could be said to be a downsized version of that ability. However, there was no harmful side effect like stopping the heart, so one would become invincible as long as their Mana was not exhausted.
To be given a broad explanation, it was magic of absolute defense, of the kind that stopped the flow of time of Subaru and Beatrice’s flesh bodies, which would thus take no external effect.

Subaru: “We got so hyped when we first devised it, but because the guy who used a similar ability was just the worst, whenever it’s used it feels like using a last resort for survival that I’d never otherwise use!”

Beatrice: “That issue has already been spoken about, in fact! Betty has already decided to close her eyes, I suppose!”

Hearing Subaru’s cries, Beatrice, being lugged on his shoulder, yelled so.

The ability of “invincibility” held by the Sin Archbishop of Greed, Regulus Corneas, was potent might befitting of being labelled as being backward compatible with this E · M · M. Though its user had been the worst, its practical usage was outstanding, at a level which they should be aiming for, yet a territory they did not wish to reach.

This isn't the place to discuss whether or not Regulus has Acausality. If you disagree with that make a different thread. It's tiring at this point to discuss this on threads that don't have relevance to that point. Multiple staff have already accepted as treating it as Acausality.

Acausality does not inherently have to be attached to physiology. Acausality can be toggled.

Regulus easily fulfills the requirements for Type 4 with his ability, even a higher-level of it, in fact, and can be argued as sufficient for Type 5.

and can be argued as sufficient for Type 5.
I'm assuming you're not serious, it's literally can't interact with someone with Acausality Type 5, you can't know or remember anything about them, it's not possible to change their actions.
Acausality does not inherently have to be attached to physiology. Acausality can be toggled.
That doesn't matter here. We discuss the mechanism behind the ability.
This isn't the place to discuss whether or not Regulus has Acausality. If you disagree with that make a different thread. It's tiring at this point to discuss this on threads that don't have relevance to that point. Multiple staff have already accepted as treating it as Acausality.
This is a issue of what is accepted in this thread, so unless 48 hours are up, what is accepted in this thread is still open to discussion. If no one staff member opposes acausality type 4 when the time is up, OP can close this thread and we may or may not bring it up again in another thread.

The mechanism of time stopping doesn't mean that it doesn't also qualify for Acausality. Don't know why that's even a point of contention. The ability is self-time stop that grants type 4 Acausality and Invulnerability.

The issue isn't relevant to this thread because it's discussing Regulus, not Reid.

Reid is being given an ability based on an ability on Regulus's page that's already been accepted for months.

The mechanism of time stopping doesn't mean that it doesn't also qualify for Acausality. Don't know why that's even a point of contention. The ability is self-time stop that grants type 4 Acausality and Invulnerability.
If you think this is the case, I hope you will accept it when it is said that any character with time stop resistance can harm Regulus in versus battles. I mean, personally, I wouldn't list it this way, but I don't really care, it's obvious that it works like acausality type 4 + invulnerability.
The issue isn't relevant to this thread because it's discussing Regulus, not Reid.
I'm sure the addition of a type 4 acausality negation to Reid's profile, assuming Regulus has type 4 acausality, is controversial to many on the wiki as it appears to be just a time stop resistance, especially considering the mechanisms behind this ability.
Reid is being given an ability based on an ability on Regulus's page that's already been accepted for months.
I just don't think this ability should be given, that's all. We are not trying to remove anything from Regulus' profile here, in this thread I only think that Reid should get a resistance to time stop so I am continuing the discussion and then I can create a thread for Regulus' acausality type 4 if I seem it necessary.

It isn't resistance to anything though. He isn't resisting the time stop he's cutting through it and bypassing it like it doesn't matter.

That's a negation, not a resistance...

Reid doesn't resist timestop, he can just harm Regulus. If Regulus ever loses Acausality, it'll be removed from Reid too. I don't want arguments about Regulus to continue in a Reid CRT.

But just for anyone wondering, Regulus has Acaus 4 for this note in the Acaus 5 section of the Acaus page;
Note: Being completely independent of space, time, laws, or similar forces does not make you completely independent of causality without the relationship between these forces and causality being clarified, with it only being considered as evidence for an irregular relationship with causality otherwise.

Do you think it makes more sense for Reid to be able to cut a man who stops time on himself because Reid is unaffected by the stopping of time, or does Reid nullificated the ability of a man who stops time on himself in such a way that it only hurts him when Reid attacks him? If there is any statement of being nullificated due to Regulus power being cut off by Reid, feel free to scan it.

or does Reid nullificated the ability of a man who stops time on himself in such a way that it only hurts him when Reid attacks him?
This one I guess, the question is difficult to parse.

If there is any statement of being nullificated due to Regulus power being cut off by Reid, feel free to scan it.
Q: Who are the five strongest characters that have appeared so far?

A: Reinhard, Ram with her Horn, Regulus, Sekhmet, Serious Puck. Well, these guys are like dangos under Reinhard, but each are able to drop the White Whale alone. (2014)

Q: The Witch of Envy wasn't on the list of the 5 strongest characters, is she actually not very strong?

A: Characters that have not appeared yet were not included in the list. That includes the first Sword Saint, Reid.

Q: Yesterday, you gave the 5 strongest characters that have appeared so far, but where would the first Sword Saint place?

A: With the exception of Reinhard, Reid would behead everyone on that list.

I'd like to know more about the series to give an opinion here if the powers are correct and etc
But just something I really think would be cool: put a margin on the sides of the PnA section like there are on the notes one! Would be better-looking imo

Btw can't this be closed the thread was made on Friday.

yippee-flapping-cat-2yr3ggmn847fd01j.gif

Back