• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reid Astrea Profile Changes

I do think maybe we should discuss if Reid should be capable of martial arts that other, inferior opponents are capable of seeing as he's mastered every martial arts and can learn them and make them up on the fly instantly. There might be some limits to this like Olbart's techniques which could require something more than just pure martial arts since the shinobi have all kinds or rituals performed on them but I cannot possibly see Reid being unable to do things like strike the organs directly or unleash a full force attack with just a light brush like Roswaal, or transfer an attack through surfaces like the twin shura.

I do think maybe we should discuss if Reid should be capable of martial arts that other, inferior opponents are capable of seeing as he's mastered every martial arts and can learn them and make them up on the fly instantly. There might be some limits to this like Olbart's techniques which could require something more than just pure martial arts since the shinobi have all kinds or rituals performed on them but I cannot possibly see Reid being unable to do things like strike the organs directly or unleash a full force attack with just a light brush like Roswaal, or transfer an attack through surfaces like the twin shura.
He can do that + spatial teleportation that Ley can since it doesnt seem to be hereditary and is more smth he doesnt need

I'm open to him just being able to use those kinds of martial arts, as the one with the greatest martial skill in the verse.

He can do that + spatial teleportation that Ley can since it doesnt seem to be hereditary and more of smth he doesnt need
Leaper is explicitly unique as a heresy within heresy, so no.

I'm open to him just being able to use those kinds of martial arts, as the one with the greatest martial skill in the verse.

Leaper is explicitly unique as a heresy within heresy, so no.
Reid copies gg

Anywaye gonna make Garou vs Reid soon

He can do that + spatial teleportation that Ley can since it doesnt seem to be hereditary and is more smth he doesnt need
I don't agree. Dorkell is described as being reached out to by an inhuman voice and being granted a supremely transcendent and taboo power. It's not just a technique. Even if it didn't have that description I would say there isn't enough info to claim he can do that.

I don't agree. Dorkell is described as being reached out to by an inhuman voice and being granted a supremely transcendent and taboo power. It's not just a technique. Even if it didn't have that description I would have there isn't enough info to claim he can fo that.
I was joking 💀

Why does Reid have thousands of kilometres with the DSR?
Everything aside from that seems fine
Because Reinhard does when he restores a portion of the world in the second trial, and Reid’s slashes are superior. I also believe they're stated repeatedly to be able to cut the world to ribbons.

The Kenshiro thread has just made me realize that Reid should potentially have limited resistance to power mimicry for his swordsmanship because martial artists around the level of Wilhelm and Garfiel are able to copy techniques fairly easily and the heavenly sword is still a distant dream.

I think I'd differentiate "damaging a character beyond what their regen can heal" and "damaging a character and making it so their regen cannot heal them".

If that makes sense.
Fair enough, ultimately doesn't change much, so i am fine with it.

Really should get back to reading VN, but been spending time on this site, now i only got a few minutes before bed.

The Kenshiro thread has just made me realize that Reid should potentially have limited resistance to power mimicry for his swordsmanship because martial artists around the level of Wilhelm and Garfiel are able to copy techniques fairly easily and the heavenly sword is still a distant dream.
I think the natural limits of power mimicry would already make that the case, right? It seems that it's just nobody can break their skill-ceiling that easily.

Things get difficult with skillslop, I'm always second-guessing myself...

I think the natural limits of power mimicry would already make that the case, right? It seems that it's just nobody can break their skill-ceiling that easily.

Things get difficult with skillslop, I'm always second-guessing myself...
It is very much worth adding to his profile that multiple people with power mimicry, RE and AD cant actually reach his level even with an infinite amount of training
And yes, resistance to power mimicry

I would like to hear more input on this because it feels weird for Reid to be the master of all forms of martial arts and be able to instantly master techniques and then only really have one example of that on his profile with his attack reflection. The rest is just his swordsmanship.

Made a sandbox for a shiny new Reid profile. Some abilities have been added, some have been removed, and his intelligence section is bigger now.

Old Profile

New Profile Sandbox

That's about it. Let me know if I should edit it at all, thank you.
Why exactly does he have type 4 acausuality negation? Any character who has type 4 acausuality can have his head cut off by any normal guy, since this ability only influences hax and not physical attacks like type 5.

Why exactly does he have type 4 acausuality negation? Any character who has type 4 acausuality can have his head cut off by any normal guy, since this ability only influences hax and not physical attacks like type 5.
Regulus's acausality makes him uninteractable due to existing outside of Space-Time, Existence, reality etc
In fact his acausality works more like type 5 than 4 since he is uninteractable to basically everything aside from Reid's sword slashes in the verse

Regulus's acausality makes him uninteractable due to existing outside of Space-Time, Existence, reality etc
In fact his acausality works more like type 5 than 4 since he is uninteractable to basically everything aside from Reid's sword slashes in the verse
There is nothing like that in the justification of the profile, of it being outside of space-time and reality.

And anyway, it's still type 4 acausuality, and it's still a skill that can kill the user with a physical blow.

By his justification, he is invulnerable by the self-imposed time stop, and considering Reid's spatio-temporal and conceptual manipulation, he could cut through something like that easily.

How would he be denying type 4 acausuality, if type 4 has nothing to do with physical blows? To interact with regulus it would only be necessary to remove the time stop from the formula, since type 4 acausality does not confer "no physical interaction"

How would he be denying type 4 acausuality, if type 4 has nothing to do with physical blows? To interact with regulus it would only be necessary to remove the time stop from the formula, since type 4 acausality does not confer "no physical interaction"
Regulus' Type 4 Acaus is Type 5 in a trenchcoat. He can't experience change, so he doesn't get injured, wet in water, hungry, age, tired, sweaty, not even his mind and soul can be interacted with because they cannot "change".

Regulus' Type 4 Acaus is Type 5 in a trenchcoat.
It's still type 4, and it still provides type 4 things. Otherwise there wouldn't be type 4 in the profile but instead type 5.

And everything else you said can be done by stopping time itself. If I stop time for my body and soul, none of this will happen either.

It's still type 4, and it still provides type 4 things. Otherwise there wouldn't be type 4 in the profile but instead type 5.

And everything else you said can be done by stopping time itself. If I stop time for my body and soul, none of this will happen either.
The fact that he's cut off from time is what grants him his acausality, which makes him invincible. It's the reason why he doesn't experience change, and is independent from space, natural laws, concepts that would hold him back, etc.

The acausality is what makes him unable to be harmed, so harming him in spite of that is negating his Acausality.

I think Regulus shouldn't even have acausality type 4 in the firstly, he just seems to stop time on himself so that his existence wouldn't be acausal when he wasn't stopping time on himself or when his time stopping ability was nullificated.

It's the reason why he doesn't experience change, and is independent from space, natural laws, concepts that would hold him back, etc.
Does the profile literally say something else?
It literally says that he cannot be affected because he is in his own time and not because he is outside of time or reality.

uninteractable due to existing outside of Space-Time, Existence, reality etc
Seriously, just show which part of the justification exactly this is said.

Because the best thing he did was ignore the laws of the world, which is very different from being outside of existence, reality and space-time.

Back