• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regulations on gory series?

At what point does a series become too gory to be allowed on Vs Battles Wiki?

For example:

• The Hatchet series of slasher movies are known for their incredible gore and graphic depictions of murder at the hands of the antagonist Victor Crowley. You can find compilations of the death scenes for all four movies on YouTube, all of which are incredibly visually explicit and much too intense for the average viewer.
  • Pumpkin Night depicts scenes of incredibly gory deaths, both murders and accidents, much moreso than the Hatchet series. For example: (NSFW) one of the character's parents are mutilated, their entrails strung across a hospital room, and their heads placed inside of the father's stomach. In one scene, the protagonist bites off a man's nose, including the flesh surrounding it. Along with that, most of the deaths in Part 1 involve grizzly mutilations done with a knife, with the more creative deaths being much more gruesome.
  • The Corpse Party series from Blood Covered onward includes dialogue and CGs with graphic depictions of murder and deaths, like (NSFW) Mayu being thrown against a wall and being reduced to a splatter of chunks of flesh and entrails, Sachiko slicing Tokiko's head off with a pair of scissors and reducing Yuki's eye to a "soup-like consistency", Yuka having the top portion of her head ripped apart, leaving her chunks of her brain splattered on the ground, et cetera.
Y'know, stuff of that caliber. Is all of that allowed so long as a note at the start of the page is made, or would something like Pumpkin Night be too graphic to present?

I mean we have stuff like Berserk and Doom so I dont see why there would be an issue, normally the issue is sexual content not gore

Mortal Kombat is pretty much a thing in this site, so I don't see the harm in those gory verses. Maybe a NSFW disclaimer and a bit of censoring via color shading or cutting out the bloody parts is enough

But I guess there are real limits to that stuff, so it could be a case by case analysis

Oh it absolutely is but that's more a problem with what Fandom allows, we kinda have to work around their rules

There is no standard for when something is considered "too violent", we only have that sort of scale for sexual content and that's based on FANDOM's rules.

I think the gore limit regards what scenes can be shown here on the wiki. A scan from The Boys got deleted for being too graphic.

There is no rule against violent verses, though it's preferable if profile images aren't too graphic.

Back