• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Superman's speed.

Antoniofer said:
I generally consider flight speed pretty similar to combat speed when: 1) When the acceleration is pretty high and 2) is casual flight, when no technics nor anticipated impulse is used. Also, @Matt, I'm guessing that c/s^2 is ly/s^2, cuz c/s^2 isn't a real unit.
Actually, it is a real unit called jerk. Regardless, not what Matt meant.

I still don't think that Mon-El's speed in that scene should be considered as a combat speed moment (because if Mon-El could trully reacting and fight at those speed, then he would be able to stop himself before he could get outside the solar system, when instead he couldn't do it in time), but that's just my opinion.

Well, both Mon-El and Superman should likely have comparable movement speed to Karate Kid.

Antvasima said:
Well, both Mon-El and Superman should likely have comparable movement speed to Karate Kid.
There is some concrete proof of that? It was been show or stated during in the Post Crisis that Karate Kid and Superman could match in speed?

The most closest think that could suggest that is that he had fight Equus, someone who had fight Superman in past. But then again many supervillains that are not at the same level of Superman where still able to give a few troubles, but this was just because he tend to holding back in most fights.

Well, I think that Mon-El is usually able to keep up with Karate Kid in a fight, and Superman is of a comparable power level.

Karate-Kid is usually comparable to Supergirl, who herself is beneath Superman.

I think that scaling from Karate Kid's feat and Green Lantern's for the Justice League is reasonable. Both are in the Low billions' MFTL+

@Matthew I agree. Although it would probably be better if you upload the Green Lantern feat to a separate blog post. Are you willing to scale the DC characters accordingly?

@Stefano Well, as you say, that was mostly because Mon-El was not himself, and could not fight properly.

They are sometimes on the same team, during all of her adventures with the Legion of Superheroes.

However, most of Karate Kid's fights against Kryptonians are in Pre-Crisis. He only has two in Post-Crisis as far as I'm aware: Defeating Mon-El and matching Supergirl.

You must consider that the difference between Kryptonians can be as large as a 10-B to a 9-B.

Well, Mon-El is a Daxamite. They are identical to Kryptonians, except that they are allergic to lead instead of kryptonite.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The other is against Supergirl, and they are evenly matched
Pretty sure that Supergirl was stated to she indeed more powerful than Karate Kid.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83050/4517540-supergirl+021-2223.jpg

Karate Kid need her help to defeat Equus, as he was going to be killed by him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83050/4517545-pic006.jpg

The true disadvantage is that she is not properly able to utilize his powers in combat.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/4517576-3770623220-Super.jpg

Basically Supergirl in far stronger, faster and durable than Karate Kid.

But the guy can still compete with her thanks of his superior combat skills.

Regardless, Superman's power considerably grew during "Our Worlds At War", when he trained with Mongul. So he was most likely stronger and swifter than Mon-El afterwards.

Yes.

Superman is far stronger than Supergirl, who herself is superio to Karate Kid.

The feat scales to all the heavy hitters of the Justice League, then, I would assume.

Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lanterns (Who will be scaled to Kyle's feat, cause I think using more than a single feat is better), Hawkman, etc. I can help with the editing.

Antvasima said:
@Stefano Well, as you say, that was mostly because Mon-El was not himself, and could not fight properly.
And what about in this case?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3771544-6343240541-35948.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3771546-3163331650-35948.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3771547-3542457094-35948.jpg

Even when Mon-El is himself, Karate Kid can still match him simply with his superior combat skills.

Karate Kid is basically a superior version of Iron Fist with steroids.

Even someone as expert as Batman cannot compete with Karata Kid in combat skills.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3772218-8431112143-32211.jpg

Thank you. Feel free to update the profiles. I am uncertain about Hawkman though. Is he not supposed to be barely stronger and swifter than Batman?

But I want to research feats for him, Aquaman and the like. Not all Justice League members have Tier 4 feats, so some require scaling.

Yes, but that was due to the Nth metal within it, not because Hawkman himself is anywhere near as swift and powerful as Superman. Ditto for Aquaman. It would be sloppy to make almost all major DC characters High 4-C and MFTL+ due to Plot-Induced Stupidity.

@Stefano Good point, although I do not have the impression that Karate Kid is overewhelmingly swifter, just more skilled.

@Matthew Okay. Again, thank you for the help.

I have already edited Supergirl's to scale from her superiority over Karate-Kid.

Would you want a separate blog for the Green Lantern thing?

Antvasima said:
@Stefano Good point, although I do not have the impression that Karate Kid is overewhelmingly swifter, just more skilled.
Well, remember than even back in the Pre Crisis he could take down characters far stronger, durable and faster than him.

And is kinda consistency show that this is simply because of his far greater combat skills.

There is a reason why he is considered the greatest martial artist of all time in the DCverse (even superior to Batman).

Yes, he is superior because his Martial Arts give him superpowers, because he is a Silver Age character not concerned with making much sense.

Thanks. If you copy the Green Lantern speed feat to a separate blog, you can probably update them as well.

With all these upgrades, shouldn't we do something about Post-Crisis Barry Allen Flash, who still has FTL travel speed compared to even Hal Jordan's MFTL+ travel speed?

I don't think "Likely" is necessary. He's quite clearly faster than or at least comparable to Superman and GL. And we didn't give other characters who scaled to this a likely rather full on MFTL+.

Shouldn't Starfire (Post Crisis) scale to them? Hasn't she been portrayed to similar levels as Supes? Only asking because one comic I read had something like that.

Back