• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Mobster Kingpin

Small City level (Wields the Megaton Key, an object that weighs a megaton, which he can turn into a pair of brass knuckles to use in combat)

How is holding a megaton Small City level?

Well, if you convert an object that weighs 1,000,000 tons (that is about 1,000,000,000 kg), and start punching things with it at considerable speed, you know it's going to cause some major damage to whatever it hits at.

Hell, if an object that weighs that much hits something at FTL speeds (going to assume Homestuck ignores laws of physics), then...yea.

Mobster Kingpin might be scaled to a different character but is Low 7-B the correct tier for this guy for him in base?

Let's see how much joules can produce megaton punch (average speed is 11 m/s):

E = 500 000 000 x 121 = 60 500 000 000 = 60,5 GJ

But otherwise... At FTL it will be infinte Joules. =)

It's not because he's holding the megaton key. It's because the megaton key can turn into a pair of brass knuckles (which weigh the same as the key), which he then uses to punch things at incredible speeds.

@Azzy: You know if there is a scene of Mobster Kingpin punching stuff? Perhaps I can find the speed of that feat.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Nobody is assuming the KE, though? The weapon is the megaton key, and he swings it around like nothing.
It's a lifting strenght at best... Like this.

Lifting strength is not completely unrelated to other physical capabilities, especially when you use said lifting strength to wield a weapon which you then assault people with.

Lifting strength is not completely unrelated to other physical capabilities, especially when you use said lifting strength to wield a weapon which you then assault people with.
Basicaly there is nothing to calculate it's tier with megaton key.

You mean aside from the fact it is explicitly called the megaton key and is a weapon which is used by MK?
Megaton key itself is only lifting strenght. KE is infinite with FTL speed even with 10-e999999999999 kg weapon. That's why OP got confused in the first place.

Maybe he destroyed something that warrant such AP level?

Nobody is assuming the KE, though? The weapon is the megaton key, and he swings it around like nothing.
Considering that he is swinging something that heavy at incredibly fast speeds, I would think that his AP could likely be higher than Small City level...

You know if there is a scene where he destroys something significant?

Lina Shields said:
Considering that he is swinging something that heavy at incredibly fast speeds, I would think that his AP could likely be higher than Small City level...

You know if there is a scene where he destroys something significant?
Not sure. i think he mostly uses it to beat up other characters. I do know that with one hit, he knocked out characters comparable to someone who survived being assaulted by a creature larger than a city, though.

I would be okay with placing Mobster Kingpin's stats at "At least 7-B" then, seeing that he seems to be comparable to something that is larger than a city.

"At least Low 7-B" seems better to me, but the "At least" would only apply to MK, since he's stronger than the other characters. Not by an absurd amount, but it's noticeable.

This sounds okay, although that creature supposed to be larger than a city...

Heck, if that creature moved at a speed relative to its size, we're getting KE values higher than city level.

Assuming that creature is about as tall as the length of a city and moves at equivalent to his length per second, but meh.

True, though Sleuth couldn't kill Fluthlu on his own. He could hurt him (he cut up his face pretty badly), but he killed him using smart tactics instead of brute force.

True, though Sleuth couldn't kill Fluthlu on his own. He could hurt him (he cut up his face pretty badly), but he killed him using smart tactics instead of brute force.
"At least Low 7-B" sounds good then. Just wanted to say that something that weighs a megaton is a HUGE amount of weight to hit something things with at relatively quick speeds...

Lina Shields said:
"At least Low 7-B" sounds good then. Just wanted to say that something that weighs a megaton is a HUGE amount of weight to hit something things with at relatively quick speeds...
Indeed, which is why I scaled it to AP.

Back