• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Jesmon's OS Generics

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Jesmon bandai

So this power has been bugging me forever. I have never wanted to make a fight for Jesmon due to the nature of his power. For all who don't know, here is what we have for OS Generics.

Jesmon is able to use a form of Reality Warping targeted at himself, unhinging himself from the laws of the Digital World (which are mainly the laws of physics and reincarnation), placing him in a state akin to the indestructible walls or invisible boundaries in a video game. Unless one is able to perform feats outside of the laws of physics (i.e. Reality Warping or being an entire dimensional tier above) he becomes utterly impossible to harm since it is a physical law that he can't be harmed. On the opposite end of things, he is able to set his damage output to "100% of the target's health" to fell a target in a single blow.
Now the thing is....how far do we go? We limited it by Dimensional Tiering, however, this ability is ripe for NLF. So how do we treat the potency? We know he's unhinging himself from conceptual laws to boost himself and gain resistances, but how far are we willing to go?

I don't know exactly how to answer because the way we treat haxes in tier 2/1 fights is kinda weird.

Personally i'd say that it's lawhax and that what you need is a feat of bypassing it. Wouldn't work on higher dimensional people ofc, but i don't think that it should be a power based thing.

But as i said, idk

Well of course we have to remember that this goes for 3-C Jesmon as well. So like, I can see issues with "Jesmon becomes 3-A via OS Generics and one shots Character X"...

I mean the point is, if a physical law says "X's punches do no damage", that's what happens.

What i would limit to comparable people is the one shot ability, unless it's stated that this is based on law hax as well

Although, is it law hax? He's more or less unhinging himself from the laws instead of creating new one. Unhinging himself from these laws seems to be what grants him such power. (Lucemon vs Jesmon when?)

Shouldn't he get resistance to physics manipulation via this power since it literally makes him unaffected by the laws of physics

This for me is still unknown because of the lack of information known about the technique. So far it has never really been used (unless you consider CS's gameplay) and all the information we have is "makes Jesmon beyond the laws of the world" which is somewhat vague.

Even the Artbook only says: Beyond the laws of the world. Temporarily rewrite its own data, to work beyond the limits of physics.

The Databook does mention the whole invulnerability part as well as overpowering the opponent.

"It's "OS Generics" enables it to temporarily rewrite its own data and perform actions that transcend the laws of nature, leaving its physical abilities unbound by the laws of the Digital World and thus allowing Jesmon to overpower any enemy without taking a single scratch."

It's a lot more simple in the Databook..

Well basically, that's what we have. Reppu just tried to explain it better using leyman's terms. However, what I want to do is see how we limit it in vs battles. Kalt has a nice solution. But I wanted your opinion.

Just add an "Unknown with OS Generics" and people will be able to ban it from match ups just fine, since it has a different tier.

That would be basically removing an ability. Something that isn't exactly allowed. Especially when it's a character's main and signature ability.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
That would be basically removing an ability. Something that isn't exactly allowed. Especially when it's a character's main and signature ability.
Its accurate, though. We dont know how OS Generics operates in practice, so its an unknown.

He has no specific tier though. It's whatever his opponent is. He fights a 3-B, he'd become a 3-B. He fights a 3-C, he becomes a higher end 3-C.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
He has no specific tier though. It's whatever his opponent is. He fights a 3-B, he'd become a 3-B. He fights a 3-C, he becomes a higher end 3-C.
...then... "Varies with OS Generics"?

Back