• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Infinite Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the conclusion here?
Basically this:

I have slightly reformulated things to this:

When evaluating speed feats resulting in infinite speed a high amount of scrutiny should be applied. Speed feats of this nature frequently turn out to be [[Outlier]]s and statements regarding infinity are prone to be [[Hyperbole]]. One should consider whether it isn't more plausible and consistent to assume that the abilities creating infinite distance or zero time were [[Resistance|resisted]], circumvented or [[Power Nullification|nullified]] instead or if [[Teleportation]] or similar were employed. Filling or lightning up infinite-sized realms must require substantial amounts of evidence. But if the intent for the infinite-sized realm is clear and repeatedly hammered in multiple times, then there's no reason to assume otherwise and it should be acceptable.

and applied it.

Thank you very much for helping out, DontTalk.
Thank you. I believe this thread has been effectively concluded then.
Wait a little. Shouldn't the phrase "One should consider whether it isn't more plausible" be changed to "One should consider whether it is more plausible" instead first?

Thank you very much for helping out, DontTalk.

Wait a little. Shouldn't the phrase "One should consider whether it isn't more plausible" be changed to "One should consider whether it is more plausible" instead first?
Oh, yeah, I was actually thinking about that small grammatical tidbit myself.

Well, English is not my native language either. Is it best if we wait for a confirmation, or should I make the adjustment before that?

I think both is technically correct. (not that my english is great either)
You can change it, though.

Okay. I will do so. Is it fine if we close this thread afterwards?

Never mind. I will do so.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back