• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding infinite sized dimensions

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if character travels to the edge of an infinite universe, then he did not travel to the direction which is infinite. For example, if there is a ray that has an endpoint at (0;0) and goes right on x-axis, if you travel from (4;0) to (0;0), you will get to the “edge” of the infinite ray, but to the direction which is finite.

Except you do because just a visual showcase doesn’t tell us much when you can’t visualize Infinity in the first place. Statements are necessary for this.

@Agnaa didn’t you say that these feats wouldn’t be infinite because the deepest reaches doesn’t take into account the starting point?
Not just that, but also because the deepest reaches also doesn't imply any special ending point. We need to know that both points are infinitely far apart, whether that's explicitly said or inferred from other information.

Except you do because just a visual showcase doesn’t tell us much when you can’t visualize Infinity in the first place. Statements are necessary for this.
I said "If we know that shown dimension is infinite and shown distance is comparable to it". I'm not talking about claiming that the dimension is infinite just from a visualization.

Let's say in your infinite dimension, one is at the edge, and travels 5 light years, and ends up at a star

If one were go from that star back to the edge, it would be 5 light years in distance, not infinite distance

Just because point A to B is infinite doesn't mean every two points in-between are infinite

So it depends on the starting point to determine if he travels an infinite distance is what he means, ofcourse statements such as 'transversed the entirety of the realm to reach the deepest parts' are more in line with infinite speed
Pretty much

Idk what else needs to be said here tbh. Like, extraordinary circumstances will always be evaluated by its own merit. The question in OP is answered fully with this. You need a statement that the entire infinite dimension got crossed, or something to at least indicate so. If someone represented an infinite space with say, a sphere (and it's stated to be outright infinite, since you can't show infinity with visuals alone), and a character started from outside the sphere and crossed it to move past it, I'd say without any other shenanigans in place, they indeed crossed infinity.

Back