• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Goku Bearing The Weight Of Tupper: Is This A Valid Calculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my attempt to calculate Tupper's weight based on the fact that he was able to increase his weight enough to where Super Katchin was damaged beneath Goku's feat while Tupper mounted himself on Goku's back.

So basically I set the durability of super katchin at solar system level, or 2.24e+45 joules. I use 9.807 m/s^2 (one Earth g) for Tupper's acceleration against the super katchin they're standing on. I plug these values into KE = 1/2mv^2 in order to solve for m (really, I just used this calculator in the following link because I'm lazy, but it gets the job done).

http://www.csgnetwork.com/kineticenergycalc.html

Mass is calculated at 4.66e+43 kilograms, meaning that is the weight Tupper increased his weight to. That's like 40 Milky Way Galaxies.

Thoughts?

It wouldn't be valid because the entire calc is an assumption. Plus, you wouldn't use these methods to find the values you want.

As UMR said, you cannot base a calculation on an assumption. I should probably close this.

@Antvasima Wait, hold on! I thought katchin's durability was known? What assumption did I use?

@TheJ-ManRequiem I don't think the mass of katchin is known. Only how strong it is, or at least I thought we knew how strong it is.

Well, I do not think that we can assume the durability of katchin, and in addition UMR says that this is an inaccurate way of finding the mass.

However, maybe he is able to improve on your method.

We know it's durability (>the stuff Kai has which is solar system)

Is there not a way to figure out its density from its durability and from there it's mass?

Maybe. It would solve the problem with the unknown Dragon Ball strength levels if we do.

Perhaps it would be best to ask in the calculation requests thread. This would be a priority 1 calculation for a very prominent franchise after all.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/908068

Antvasima said:
Well, I do not think that we can assume the durability of katchin, and in addition UMR says that this is an inaccurate way of finding the mass.
However, maybe he is able to improve on your method.

I wasn't finding the mass of katchin. I was finding the mass (and weight) of Tupper because he was heavy enough to sink into the katchin (he has the ability to increase his weight).

What I was trying to go for is, finding what weight needed to sink into something with the durability of katchin (which I thought was accepted as at least solar system level).

Well, as I mentioned, you should probably ask for a calculation in the request thread.

You won't be able to, at least not accurately. It can have x amount of durability, but you won't know exactly how much. We don't know any specific details about the properties of katchin or kachi katchin.

Would not using baseline solar system as a low end be good enough? That seems to be what it's accepted at.

Considering it's a naturally forming metal and we know its toughness, could we not figure out the density of it then its mass from there?

Density = mass/volume

We don't know the mass, or density, of any given piece of the metal.

We know casual universal people can damage it, and I'm sure some of the weaker people have broken it as well.

But can we find out how much force (not energy) it takes to break super katchin? I feel like this could easily be found out. If we know the amount of energy needed to break it, we should be able to figure out the amount of force.

We knkw it's naturally forming, it's a metal, durability (or the weaker version antway). Its missing some stuff but we know a bit about it

Unite My Rice said:
How much force does it take to break an unknown substance? ƒñö

Well can we somehow derive the force from energy? We know how much energy it takes to break it.

Then that brings the next question, how do we know how much energy was put into it? The characters should be many times over universal now, but in that scene, we knew of nobody stronger than the gods, who destroyed it easily.

Unite My Rice said:
Then that brings the next question, how do we know how much energy was put into it? The characters should be many times over universal now, but in that scene, we knew of nobody stronger than the gods, who destroyed it easily.
Well I'm using solar system level energy as a lower-bound, since that's reasonable. We know regular katchin is that strong.

^12'th God of destruction is apperently >other 3 gods who are each>Belmod. Jiren being stronger than Belmod really means nothing at this point as he could be stronger only than some gods in the end.

Which i hope is gonna get confirmed so we can see who is the strongest and who the weakest God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back