• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding All Might's prime form

I think I don't get it. I've seen a hell lot of people (reddit, comicvine, narutoforums and mainly youtubers) claiming that his prime form was something near 60 times stronger than his current state due to his statement in the end of the Nomu fight. Yeah, the "5 punches would be enough".

Really...

So he fought that Nomu using less than 2% of his prime power? Yeah, but NO! Hell no. 60 times stronger is utterly ridiculous and far from reasonable for MHA standards. IMHO, his prime was 4-5 times stronger at BEST. I think people take it way too literally. 5 punches worthy 300 doesn't make him 60 times stronger. That Nomu had like 95% damage reduction against blunt trauma. All Might was punching it with all his strength. Giving (more than) everything he had, every single punch. And the Nomu was taking LOL-damage. The damage it was taking from All Might can be compared to a 7 years old little girl hitting her 9 years old brother. Let's pick a random number, ok? 1000. All Might's strength was equal to 1000 (already considering it went like 120% of his max strength). Each punch was dealing 1000 damage minus 95%, which is the Nomu's overall durability. Just one thing, when I said "95% damage reduction" I'm not saying it has 95% damage reduction against everything like in a game. I'm saying that the Nomu had 95% damage reduction specifically against All Might's current strength. So let's use a flat number. The Nomu damage reduction or durability was equal to 950, so each punch was dealing 50 damage to it. Considering it took All Might 300 punches to "kill" it, we can assume that that Nomu's "HP" was something near 15000. Now as I said earlier, let's put All Might at 4000 strength or 4 times stronger. It would take All Might only 5 punches to "kill" the Nomu, as he stated. The Nomu would take 3050 of damage each punch. It's much more reasonable to say that his prime was something near 4 to 5 times stronger than his current state rather than that 60 times bullshit most people think.´╗┐

That is not at all how we do durability

Also assuming he did, and assuming damage reduction like that is coreect, why would it arbitrarily just go away if all might is stronger? That is not how a percentage based anything works.

I don't understand this comment, how do you know how much damage his shock absorption reduces? The main argument comes from an unfounded assumption, that's not how his shock absorption works. All Might simply tried to say that five of his punches in his Prime have the same power as 300 punches in his weakened state, it's not really hard to understand.

Therefir said:
I don't understand this comment, how do you know how much damage his shock absorption reduces? The main argument comes from an unfounded assumption, that's not how his shock absorption works. All Might simply tried to say that five of his punches in his Prime have the same power as 300 punches in his weakened state, it's not really hard to understand.
So, you really think he had roughly 1,7% of his prime power when he fought that Nomu? For MHA standards? 1.7%? Because if his prime is 60x stronger as many think, he was using just that. And, well... that's far from common sense, you know.

I'm just trying to show that being 4 or 5 times stronger, 5 of your punches could deal the same the damage of over 300. My assumption is much more reasonable than straight saying he was 60 times stronger. Once again, for MHA standards.

Wokistan said:
Also assuming he did, and assuming damage reduction like that is coreect, why would it arbitrarily just go away if all might is stronger? That is not how a percentage based anything works.
Because it is a flat number? I even clarified that in the post.

The Nomu durability + his blunt absorption quirk worth 950, or 95% "damage reduction" following my assumption that All Might's punches were dealing 1000 damage each.

Back