• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reed Richards 2-A preparation issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all know, Reed Richards (without the Ultimate Nullifier) goes up to 2-A with prep time for 3 feats.

The anti-Galactus mech is...fine, I guess, since Reed Richards knows damn well how strong well-fed Galactus is (it's even one of the reasons Dark Jean Gray is at least a 2-A), but it's the other 2 I have issues with.

1. His profile says that one of his 2-A prep feats is "Creating a weapon that can kill Celestials", but the image link doesn't work, so the link should be found and if that's not possible then it should be removed.

2. His 2-A justifications include him making a weapon that can nullify Cosmic Cubes, but judging by how they describe the weapon as a harmonic disruptor that apparently interferes with the Cosmic Cube's frequency, this doesn't really seem like a power feat. Thus, it should be removed.

I just want to clean up Reed Richard's 2-A prep since I plan on doing a prep battle between him and Doctor Doom's 2-A prep.

Point 2 makes sense to me. For Point 1, funnily enough the image was broken on the respect threads I looked at too. I found this scan, where Reed Richards fires a weapon that hurts a Celestial. The problem is that 616 Reed didn't make this weapon, it was given to him by other Reeds from the Multiverse. I don't know if this is usable for scaling.
Ehhhhh....neutral.

Point 2 makes sense to me. For Point 1, funnily enough the image was broken on the respect threads I looked at too. I found this scan, where Reed Richards fires a weapon that hurts a Celestial. The problem is that 616 Reed didn't make this weapon, it was given to him by other Reeds from the Multiverse. I don't know if this is usable for scaling.
Well our profile covers 616 Reed, so if we can't scale this to him, it goes for Alt Reed, unfortunately.

I overall agree with the OP

I agree with the OP.
If 616 Reed didn’t make it, then no, it’s not usable for 616 Reed’s prep justification.

And honestly, I wouldn't have supported keeping the Galactus Mech as 2-A (since Galactus's power varies depending on his hunger) were it not for the fact that Reed is one of the few people who knows damn well how powerful a well-fed Galactus is.
If 616 Reed didn’t make it, then no, it’s not usable for 616 Reed’s prep justification.
This sounds about right.

No problem.

Should we close this thread as well now?
Honestly, I would say yes, but I'm starting to have doubts on the Anti-Galactus mech.

1. IIRC it never does anything so we don't know how strong it is.

2. When Galactus attacks the Earth, he's never well-fed.

If it was an anti-Celestial mech then that's one thing but Galactus is almost always starving when attacking Earth

Doctor Doom: Laughing as he sees the person who gave him all his 2-A prep feats last year be the one to remove most of Reed Richard's 2-A prep feats
Doctor Doom: Laughs so hard he falls over as he sees Reed Richards lose all his 2-A prep feats in a CRT where the OP is the same one who made Dr. Doom a 2-A

Well, Reed Richards is officially smarter than Doom, and he is a very nice philantropist, whereas Doom is a complete monster. Also, regardless of this, you shouldn't deliberately downgrade certain characters just to favour others.

Last edited:
Well, Reed Rkchards is officially smarter than Doom, and he is a very nice philantropist, whereas Doom is a complete monster.
Doom is not a complete monster. The farthest thing from it.

Remember the Panther God?

Doom has done terrible things, but he has done many good things and loves a few people, like his dead mom and Valeria Richards.
Also, regardless of this, you shouldn't deliberately downgrade certain characters just to favour others.
Are you kidding? I wanted to do a 2-A prep fight between Reed and Doom, which is what led to this thread's creation since I wanted to make sure Reed's 2-A stuff was as accurate as possible.

Besides, it was a joke.

Doom is not a complete monster. The farthest thing from it.

Remember the Panther God?

Doom has done terrible things, but he has done many good things and loves a few people, like his dead mom and Valeria Richards.
No, he really is a complete monster. He just likes to seem noble, since it makes others, including his enslaved subjects, admire him more to feed his vanity, but he is a power-mad, twisted, egomaniacal, cruel, extremely petty, and tyrannical psychopath at heart.

See here for example:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Unthinkable

https://screenrant.com/doctor-doom-destroyed-universe-mr-fantastic-reed-richards/
Are you kidding? I wanted to do a 2-A prep fight between Reed and Doom, which is what led to this thread's creation since I wanted to make sure Reed's 2-A stuff was as accurate as possible.

Besides, it was a joke.
Okay. No problem then.

No, he really is a complete monster. He just likes to seem noble, since it makes others, including his enslaved subjects, admire him more, but he is a power-mad twisted egomaniacal tyrannical psychopath at heart.

See here for example:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Unthinkable

https://screenrant.com/doctor-doom-destroyed-universe-mr-fantastic-reed-richards/
It depends on the writer.

And remember how awful his childhood was.

His parents died (with his father dying in front of him to shield him from the cold), he was a victim of anti-Roma racism from the government in charge, and he had to rise up from nothing.

Reed Richards had a much better upbringing.

And Doom saved the life of Reed's daughter and vowed to protect her.
Okay. No problem then.
Just be careful not to point fingers in the future.

If I was being biased then people would not have agreed with my post.

Doom turned Reed's infant daughter into his demonic familiar, sent Reed's then young son to be tortured in Hell, murdered his girlfriend and turned her body into skin armor for personal power, enslaved his entire country, wants to do the same to all of reality, and blew up an entire universe full of people just because he couldn't admit his own personality flaws.

But sure, he had a bad childhood, much like most other people on this planet, including myself. That forgives anything, even though he is technically far worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Genhis Khan combined in term of all the suffering that he has caused. His accomplishments, drive, and intellect do not excuse all of his atrocities, they make them worse, as somebody as advanced as himself should know better, and not be stuck in an extremely petty need to prove himself superior and subjugate all opposition all the time.

Last edited:
Doom turned Reed's infant daughter into his demonic familiar, sent Reed's then young son to be tortured in Hell, murdered his girlfriend and turned her body into skin armor for personal power, enslaved his entire country, wants to do the same to all of reality, and blew up an entire universe full of people just because he couldn't admit his own personality flaws.
Forgot he wiped out an entire universe.

But his country's previous ruler was even worse than him and every time Latveria is taken away from him it falls to pieces.
But sure, he had a bad childhood, much like most other people on this planet, including myself. That forgives anything, even though he is technically far worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Genhis Khan combined in term of all the suffering that he has caused. His accomplishments, drive, and intellect do not excuse all of his atrocities, they make them worse, as somebody as advanced as himself should know better, and not be stuck in an extremely petty need to prove himself superior and subjugate all opposition all the time.
His childhood does not excuse his actions, but it does help explain them.

And do recall he helped save the Marvel Multiverse, and held the line against 4 Mad Celestials for 28 minutes to save Earth even after realizing Valeria tricked him into it.

And while his grudge against Reed is petty, he also respects Reed and vice versa since they're the 2 only humans on each other's level of intellect, which is why they used to sometimes play chess together since they don't have to hide their true intelligence around each other.

They're both lonely, and it's kind of sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back