• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red scaling in Gen 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Why isn't Red scaled from Brock during Gen 5?

Both are participants in the World Tournament, and, as far as I know/remember, you fight Brock before facing Red.

And... This is more a curious question, but Red isn't scale from fighting against Legendaries used for scaling because it's considered outlier?

I really think Red should have Mewtwo's scaling as he's caught all 151 gen 1 pokemon right?

Else, scaling from the bird legendaries. His pokemon could've fought that right?

Scaling to Legendaries, we could come across with some pretty strange things, such as the Unova Elite Four being casually and vastly superior to Zekrom & Reshiram, feat wise.

Bummer, but Red is the top dog and the biggest badass in the universe it seems. He and Blue are even separate from the "champions" and are given the title "legends".

At least that's something.

Well, Red appearances in others games (Gold/Silver/Crystal and Black/White) is normally at the end of the game, after the player reached his/her peak.

With that been said, Ethan (Gold/Silver... If that was his name) can fight Lugia and Ho-oh, which are 6-B and Red can fight the Legendaries Birds and Mewtwo (Three Low 6-B and one at least 6-B)

So yeah, EoS Red being Tier 6 wouldn't be so outlier-ish

If we go that path, we could end up with: Brain Frontier (Scales to Regigigas and Heatran, as one of them owns both of them) < Darach < Gen 4 Caitlin <<< Gen 5 Caitlin << Rematch Caitlin, while the Unova Legendaries would be 6-A.

1) I'm not gettinf your point

2) I first want to know why Red in Gen 5 isn't scale from Brock, later we can discuss legendary scaling

1) My point is that scaling to Legendaries would be very messy, making an exception for Red would just open up doors for such scaling

2) Well I agree Red should be scaled to Brock in Gen 5.

1) It depends tho. But scaling from things like the fight against the Lake Guardians would be a true outlier... or PIS

2) Also, the High Hypersonic stats are from a Charizard calc, but said calc is from the anime, which shouldn't scale to game characters

The legendary scaling is tough since people like N and Hilbert legit use legendaries and its a main plot line for the games.

Also being able to catch a legendary doesn't not mean they scale assuming we take away game mechanics someone could literally throw a masterball at a resting Mewtwo and catch him.

RadicalMrR said:
The legendary scaling is tough since people like N and Hilbert legit use legendaries and its a main plot line for the games.
Also being able to catch a legendary doesn't not mean they scale assuming we take away game mechanics someone could literally throw a masterball at a resting Mewtwo and catch him.
Except for the Masterball, you must weaken the legendary in order to catch it. You can practically do the same with (for example) the Legendaries Birds (is not like, you have 3 Masterballs)

Well we have to make this reasonable because Lucas/Dawn are 2-B if we accept legendary scaling, Brandon/May are 5-C.

I think we should discard Legendaries in most cases since the power gap between some of them and regular Pokemon is ridiculous.

The best middle ground I can think of is to simply scale the Legendaries in question to the Pokemon the trainers use.

Ok then

But stills, Red should be upgraded to "At 7-A" in Gen 5

And the High Hypersonic ratings from both Brock and Red should be removed, since the High Hypersonic calc is anime only.

@Aiden you have to use weaker Pokémon to capture stronger Pokémon all the time, legendary or not, doesn't mean they scale since it's just game mechanics. Why would legendaries be any different?

And these trainers aren't just scaled to legendaries, they actually possess the legendaries on their team. It doesn't make sense for them to not have that AP/speed. Of course I don't think it would make sense to scale regular Pokémon to them, but that's already pretty much the most important rule Pokémon scaling in general.

RadicalMrR said:
Yes we should scale Red to brock and remove his speed since its from the anime.
He would state in Supersonic, since even Dragonite is Supersonic via Pokedex entry

Scaling Red from legendaries are bad option in my personal opinion.

Especialy if using it also for other protagonist.

Ash from anime beat multiple legendaries, incude 7-A/6-B Articuno, 6-A Regice and 6-B/2-C Darkrai. His pikachu can hurt 2-B Arceus, and His Sceptile outspeed Sub-Relativistic Speed form deoxys, and also can hold agains this thing.

May/Brendan with 5-A M Rayquaza.

Lucas and Dawn would have 2-B tier with Arcus and Creation trio.

In my opion Red should be Hight 7-B/ 7-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back