• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red Bulborb vs African Bullfrog

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So, while waiting for another vote for the Bulborb vs Cat match, I decided to pit the Red Bulborb against another creature; this time against an African Bullfrog. So, the Bulborb itself can either get one-shot or two-shot by a Bomb Rock depending on the game, which sits at 13.48130639 joules. Based on its finicky survivability, the Red Bulborb has a median durability of 7.6394 joules, with a range of 1.7975 joules (based on the one-shot gap, which still sits at 7.5x despite changes to the Human-to-Street-Level gap) to 13.4813 joules in durability. The African Bullfrog, however, can do this:

Based on the suplex, this is the African Bullfrog's AP:
Time Frame of Suplex: 10 frames
Video Frame Rate: 30 fps
Snout to Vent Length of African Bullfrog: 0.245 meters
African Bullfrog Mass: 1.4 kg

0.245*2π/2=0.7696902001 meters
0.7696902001/(10/30)=2.3090706 m/s
1.4*2.3090706²/2=3.732264926 joules

3.732264926 joules. That's fairly decent AP for a 25-cm-long frog. They can probably take more of a hit than that, tho. They can jump up to about 6 feet. Running this back...: https://prnt.sc/aPQorpggNXb5

I got an initial jump velocity of 4.234902776 m/s. Converting that into KE, this would give the African Bullfrog a jumping energy of 12.55408106 joules.

I think this battle would be best if done full SBA. Here are their profiles.:

Red Bulborb's Profile
African Bullfrog's Profile

Who takes this?

Weird Bug Frog Thing: 0
African Bullfrog: 0
Inconclusive: 0

If the captains can survive thouse we can at least can get some dura upgrades, and ap by scaling
Not likely, especially since surface area shenanigans will have a word to say about that and the captains only have the AP of a single Pikmin (not to mention the Captains can't even harm bosses). I'll explain more when I make a CRT, which I prefer to do so on my own when it's time since anyone else doing it would cause people to misunderstand how Pikmin lore works and such.

Back