• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real Vehicle Profiles

The rule wasn't added yet. I do think the rule addition should be fine now as the overall consensus is posiitve.

I think so too, but let's wait for Promestein.

Still relevant for the sake of fictional vehicles and as example on the page itself.

@Promestein

Thank you for helping out.

So is there anything left to do here?

That seems fine.

I try to rephrase this as

"Please make profiles for real life vehicles only when the vehicle in question has a combat/military/policing/lethal purpose (such as a tank). Ordinary civilian vehicles are not notable or distinct enough for pages."

This will clarify better on what types of vehicles should stay/be added.

And just saying: Vehicles (Helicopters and airplanes etc) that carry weapons (like the AC-130 and AH-64 Apache) are considered combat/military/policing/lethal purpose vehicles right?

I disagree. I think that wording's kinda clunky. Military is clear enough

Promestein said:
I disagree. I think that wording's kinda clunky. Military is clear enough
But quite a lot of weapons are not quite military but are definitely lethal enough and fit the purpose to be added as a profile. Sorry for disagreeing your disagree.

For example:

An Elephant Gu is more for hunting than for use in militaries but it currently qualifies as weapon profile here. But Prom version note will exclude it because it is "not military" but can definitely be used for a combat/military/policing/lethal purpose. Same as for Baseball Bat and many more.

"Please make profiles for real life vehicles only when the vehicle in question has a combat purpose (such as a tank). Ordinary civilian vehicles are not combat-purposed, notable or distinct enough for pages."

How does the Jasonsith-DarkDragonMedeus version go?

How about this?

"Please do not make profiles for real life vehicles, unless the vehicle in question is combat-oriented, such as a tank. Ordinary civilian vehicles are not notable or distinct enough for pages."

A minor gripe with the standard profile:

Rather than "Notable Attacks/Techniques", I'd rather put "Notable Attacks/Functionalities" or even just "Notable Attacks", as a vehicle can't really perform a "technique" or have any skills, unless the user/driver is able to pull such things off either because of their own skills/experience and/or because of the vehicle's design.

Back