• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Speed upgrade for Reid astrea to FTL.

Reid cut ten Jiwald that move as fast as the speed of light

“ ???: “Jiwald――!!”

A ray of heat shot across the air, aimed towards the engaged duo.

White light, in its most simple form, can rip through the world with its dreadful edge. In other words, it can become an invisible blade that tears, cuts and burns through everything in its path.

It went straight, and was as such, easy to dodge―― However, the shimmering rays travelled at the speed of light, crashing straight into its target.

Even so, the『Stick Swinger』cut away the rays of light fired by the third party with ease――,

Man: “――My sword can cut even light, you.”

Faster than his own gruff voice’s echo, the chopsticks struck and sliced through the ray of light.

An impossible spectacle that pulled in the attention of everyone present. Only the man sneered, as if he had done something ordinary, and continued jabbing at Julius with his free hand.

As if making light of him―― No, the truth was, he indeed was making very light of him.

???: “――tch! Jiwaaaaaald――!!”

In response to that, his eyes turned red, overlapping with the chant――.

With both arms spread wide, chanting for the magic that shot rays of heat, her graceful composure painted with panic, was Anastasia. Hands open, all fingers poised―― Ten fingers in total shot out ten Death Rays simultaneously, all danced in the air as they approached the『Stick Swinger』.

――And the『Stick Swinger』himself took just as an amazing measure.

Man: “Kah!”

The『Stick Swinger』faced the dancing beams head on and sliced through them with his chopsticks just like before, then he pounced up by kicking off of thin air and made a nosedive―― Taking Julius, who was right below, along with him, dragging him across the white floor as he ran, Julius was pinned by the chopsticks in his solar plexus. „ -arc 6 ch.26

And here's an alternative translation for it, translated by the member here. Both were describe that it move as fast as the light

"Jiwald--!!"

The heat rays shot at the two people who are attacking and defending in midair.

The white light, as simple as it is, cuts through the world in a terrifyingly straightforward manner. That is to say, a blade of heat waves that burns, scorches, and cuts down everything in its line of fire.

It was a straight line, something that can be easily avoided--but the heat ray forcefully crushes it with a speed that can be likened to light, attacking straight at its prey.

Even a "conductor" would be unable to resist that light from an outsider--

"--My sword can cut through light, you know." -arc6 ch.26

This also scale to: Reinhard, Satella.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace
This also ups Anastasia, Roswaal, Echidna and Sphinx back to Speed of Light attack speed with Jiwald.

As i said i am fine with this, we do need to put a note on the ex novel profiles who have dodged Jiwald though ie Carol, Grimm and Roswaal, that while Jiwald is a light speed attack, there are contradictions with them dodging it, and thus its treated as an outlier.

This might upgrade Sekhmet too considering she drove away Volcanica, who Reinhard needs Reid to fight.

This also ups Anastasia, Roswaal, Echidna and Sphinx back to Speed of Light attack speed with Jiwald.

As i said i am fine with this, we do need to put a note on the ex novel profiles who have dodged Jiwald though ie Carol, Grimm and Roswaal, that while Jiwald is a light speed attack, there are contradictions with them dodging it, and thus its treated as an outlier.

This might upgrade Sekhmet too considering she drove away Volcanica, who Reinhard needs Reid to fight.
Also didn't Teppei state that Reinhard can destroy the world making him 5-B (I think) Planetary level.

If you want I'll go find the statements and quotes.

The Re Zero world is flat, and when asked to explain how he would destroy the world Tappei makes Godzilla references saying stuff like how long would it take Godzilla to do it, and just refusing to answer.

Those statements are pretty meaningless.

Last edited:
The Re Zero world is flat, and when asked to explain how he would destroy the world Tappei makes Godzilla references saying stuff like how would it take Godzilla to do it, and just refusing to answer.

Those statements are pretty meaningless.
Also shouldn't Reinhard have Flight or possible flight.

As I recall in a q&a or interview when someone said Reinhard amongst others is a character who can fly Teppei didn't deny it.

He can jump above the clouds, and walk on water as well as clouds, he might as well be flying.

I mean this is the same guy who was sent to the Moon and then jumped back, no problem.

Idk, if he left like a crater or something on the Moon, you could probably calc that like with Saitama, however all i know is Regulus sent him to the Moon, Reinhard then comes back easily.

This isn't translated in English yet, and it doesn't have any visuals, idk if it was even described in detail besides what i mentioned.

This is why season 3 of the anime would be cool, since i am pretty sure they would animate that, not to mention the other stuff like Reinhard kicking Regulus underground leaving a large hole.

Anyway off topic, this thread is suppose to be about speed.

Idk, if he left like a crater or something on the Moon, you could probably calc that like with Saitama, however all i know is Regulus sent him to the Moon, Reinhard then comes back easily.

This isn't translated in English yet, and it doesn't have any visuals, idk if it was even described in detail besides what i mentioned.

This is why season 3 of the anime would be cool, since i am pretty sure they would animate that, not to mention the other stuff like Reinhard kicking Regulus underground leaving a large hole.

Anyway off topic, this thread is suppose to be about speed.
Uh kinda late and off-Topic (Sorry)

But I found the thing that I think would give Reinhard True Flight (Without the whole walking on clouds thing)

Q:With both the White Whale, of course, as well as the subjugation of the evil dragon Vallgren, it seems their ability to fly caused great difficulties. About how many people are there capable of fighting in mid-air? Reinhard, Ros-chi, Capella who can transform herself, and Beatrice who can use space-time magic; that’s about all?

A: Out of the named characters, that’s about all, I guess. Those who have the ability to fly are very scarce. However the world is set up such that there are, at least, creatures called winged dragons, so maybe there are things like dragon riders. They’re really difficult to train, so there would be very few people with this profession. Unlike Lugunica, they’re common in Vollachia. I just decided that.

I mean that question is asked about fighting in mid air, which Reinhard has indeed done, in story though he has never flown.

Reinhardt: “If this were a normal duel, I’d withdraw my blade once my opponent lost their will to fight.”

The owner of the voice was perched on Regulus’s back in midair, leisurely saying so.

As to what the existence who stepped on his back in midair was, Regulus understood instantly. Shuddering as he came to this realization. He grasped just how high where he was right now.

Arriving faster than the Regulus he had struck, just how had he managed to reach such heights.

Reinhardt: “Though I have no intention of boasting, I have quite the confidence in my jumping ability. I had once even leapt from the ground, to land on the back of a flying dragon.”-Arc 5, Chapter 59

Here Reinhard slaps Regulus above the clouds, and arrives faster than him, then slaps him back down, what's mentioned here isn't that he flew there, just that he jumped that high.

It also mentions Ex Novel 1 where a guy was escaping on a dragon and Reinhard again jumped from the ground to the dragon which was above the clouds.

I am not saying it's impossible that Reinhard can fly, just that atm he has never shown it.

Again though, this isn't the place to discuss this, this is about upgrading the characters speed.

Nobody has objected to anything.

Sphinx, Echidna, Anatasia, Roswaal L Mathers get Speed of Light attack speed with Jiwald.

Wilhelm, Carol, Roswaal J Mathers get a note on their profiles says something like "While Jiwald is a lightspeed attack and the Ex Novel characters have dodged it, there are numerous inconsistencies with them being that fast, and thus it's considered an inconsistency/outlier".

Reinhard, Satella, Reid get FTL speed.

Sehkmet possible also gets it since she drove Volcanica away who Reinhard needs to draw Reid to fight. Though really would to relook at how that was said, Reinhard has drawn Reid against ppl he didn't need to like Theresia, so drawing Reid isn't an indication of the other person being on his level.

Nobody has objected to anything.

Sphinx, Echidna, Anatasia, Roswaal L Mathers get Speed of Light attack speed with Jiwald.

Wilhelm, Carol, Roswaal J Mathers get a note on their profiles says something like "While Jiwald is a lightspeed attack and the Ex Novel characters have dodged it, there are numerous inconsistencies with them being that fast, and thus it's considered an inconsistency/outlier".

Reinhard, Satella, Reid get FTL speed.

Sehkmet possible also gets it since she drove Volcanica away who Reinhard needs to draw Reid to fight. Though really would to relook at how that was said, Reinhard has drawn Reid against ppl he didn't need to like Theresia, so drawing Reid isn't an indication of the other person being on his level.
That's nice, now we need someone to apply the changes.

What's said about the Dragon:

Q: It appears the dragon is super-amazing, but around how many Reinards worth of fighting strength does it have?

A: About as much as King Ghidorah

Reinhard is constantly compared to Godzilla, and King Ghidorah as far as i know is like Godzilla's arch nemesis, so i guess based on this you can put the dragon around the level of Reinhard without drawing Reid, added to the fact it was also said somewhere else he would draw Reid against it.

Sekhmet drove the Dragon away, so i guess she would scale in speed.

What's said about the Dragon:

Q: It appears the dragon is super-amazing, but around how many Reinards worth of fighting strength does it have?

A: About as much as King Ghidorah

Reinhard is constantly compared to Godzilla, and King Ghidorah as far as i know is like Godzilla's arch nemesis, so i guess based on this you can put the dragon around the level of Reinhard without drawing Reid, added to the fact it was also said somewhere else he would draw Reid against it.

Sekhmet drove the Dragon away, so i guess she would scale in speed.
Regulus should also get FTL I guess

Now Reinhard would blitz them to oblivion

Regulus only scales with his authority to boost himself, which frees him from every physical law and is directly said to be so fast, it would surprise even Reinhard.

Otherwise from that, his normal speed is that of a normal person, Emilia and Subaru outran him, he tagged Reinhard due to how tricky his ability is, leaving his time stopped breath around, or just the fact that he can attack you just by looking at you.

Anyway i will begin to apply the changes now.

Otherwise from that, his normal speed is that of a normal person, Emilia and Subaru outran him, he tagged Reinhard due to how tricky his ability is, leaving his time stopped breath around, or just the fact that he can attack you just by looking at you
Yeah, I remember reading that part through the novel thought

I agree but now re zero characters are faster than tensura ln Rimuru
giphy.webp

The changes are basically done, except for Sekhmet.

Relooking at things, there is conflicting information.

The LN says she drove the dragons past the Great Waterfalls, the anime says she drove a dragon past the Great Waterfalls.

Either way though it doesn't seem to mean Volcanica, the Divine Dragon, as it would have said the dragon, there are many dragons but only Volcanica is referred to as the dragon.

So, Sekhmet probably doesn't scale, though both translation could possibly be off.

Back