• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ratchet and Clank Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that knowledgeable on the series but it is laughable in a lot of regards.

We don't treat black holes in fiction as legitimate black holes unless they meet a certain criteria for one, so that dwarf star level is invalid.

The lightspeed one seems like a big stretch haha. If it is valid it would only scale to his reactions though.

The rest requires verse knowledge, but it seems very wanked to put it bluntly.

I mean.

You didn't have to be so harsh about it...

Can you maybe say the criterion for Black Holes and what's the difference between these and something like, say, the Black Hole Bomb from Mega Man because they seem exactly the same.

I'd also like a reason why lightspeed wouldn't be legit since they cross the galaxy in a ship they have to pilot manually multiple times in each game, and they're capable of reacting to obstacles while flying.

Anyway, their top guns should scale off the Deplanetizer anyway, which could destroy entire planets.

Maybe you are right, I apologize for being harsh.

It is best to just wait for verse knowledgable members. Additionally you can contact them yourselves on the knowledgable members page.

Hey JJ, Shadowfrost1 here, actually love the entirety of that but I'm not sure. This seems legit but I'm actually quite behind on the series. Been awhile. This does seem like it's consistent though. Can you summarize the content revision stuff here in a tldr fashion for any newcomer? Optional of course

Sure.

tl;dr Nefarious, Qwark, Clank, Alister Azimuth, and Ratchet himself, possibly Klunk, most of the final bosses after Game 3 (Vox in his mech, Otto Destruct, Percival Tachyon's Power Throne, etc.), would scale to BMFTL and Large Planet or higher since all of them can put up a strong fight against Ratchet who's physically on par with his weaponry scaling off the Deplanetizer in the first game.

Characters like Angela, Sasha, and Talwyn probably wouldn't scale since they're definitely not on the same level as these characters in question, but they probably should have some degree of MFTL reactions for Angela at least being able to keep up with Ratchet in game 2.

For the reboot, only Ratchet, Qwark, and Nefarious's mech would probably scale to the high-tier stuff, while the Galactic Rangers would be about Small City due to possessing Warmongers.

Well I mean.

I guess the Black Hole stuff is invalid due to not following the proper standards.

So take that as you will.

Was mostly referring to the latter/latest response. Still thinking about the black holes since those are finnicky. But then again I don't remember those black holes being truly mimicking black holes or being used in story so I'm gonna have to say I disagree with them.

Well, there is an actual suction gun in the series that behaves very differently.

I also think some of Ratchet's ship upgrades mention using black hole technology to work so.

Maybe not entirely out of the question.

For those interested, here are some other visual feats for the duo.

-Surviving the destruction of their space ship: [1]

- Surviving high fall: [2]

- Clank survives an unexpected lightning strike from the sky: [3]

- Surviving the explosion radius of one of the pieces from a newly and now destroyed planet: [4]

- Clank managed to subdue Qwark in his base form: [5]

I think the best feat is probably the Eye of Infinity Laser destroying every planet in the galaxy in one shot.

The Dwarf star thing isn't really applicable.

Major thing for upgrades is just

-Landstalker being able to destroy a small star system

-Eye of Infinity Laser being able to destroy all the planets in the galaxy in one shot

-Scaling off the Deplanetizer

-Maybe Black Holes? Just a maybe though because idk how to treat them.

bumping this because Ratchet desperately needs a revision

He should very easily scale into the millions to billions of times Massively FTL+ due to consistently being able to avoid the attacks of ships meant to travel interstellar to practically galactic distances in hours at most and at one point in Into the Nexus he even had to avoid a ship using its thrusters to ram into him at full speed

If you only want to go off of pure feats for attack/durability then Drek in Ratchet & Clank 1 was able to blow up a mesa twice in his boss fights and Ratchet can survive said move

Deplanetizer is also said to be able to "totally annihilate an entire planet!" and that there'd be nothing left though even the prior shot shows chunks flying off and it in action on Drek's planet seems to be the case, but keep in mind Drek's planet was actually quite a deal larger than Veldin
Drek planet
Drek veldin
His giant ship was able to tow this planet and it was made out of continents from other planets spliced together, using something like a crane to tear out entire continents crust and all.

Also the stuff about the laser in Secret Agent Clank being able to blow up every planet in the galaxy, and fodder Landstalkers being able to wipe out small star systems.

Ratchet really needs something, because City is just not cutting it.

Clank also really needs an upgrade, as does Dr. Nefarious. Both are capable of matching Ratchet and are comparable to him in games like All 4 One.

JJSliderman said:
Also the stuff about the laser in Secret Agent Clank being able to blow up every planet in the galaxy, and fodder Landstalkers being able to wipe out small star systems.
Ratchet really needs something, because City is just not cutting it.

Clank also really needs an upgrade, as does Dr. Nefarious. Both are capable of matching Ratchet and are comparable to him in games like All 4 One.
Secret Agent Clank and Size Matters aren't canon.

The events of the previous game are at least canon to Secret Agent Clank, since characters from past games show in the prison of that game. The Thug Leader and Slim Cognito, in particular, who even reference events that happened in those games.

The main villain is Klunk from Up Your Arsenal.

I honestly feel like it might as well be canon.

Size Matters maybe not but I didn't really say anything about Size Matters.

That doesn't make any sense though.

In Secret Agent Clank, the TV show established in Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet was just a bumbling chauffeur.

In Secret Agent Clank, the video game, Ratchet was treated as essentially the same thing as his main-universe counterpart, saving the galaxy several times over.

That means SAC, the game, can't just be an episode of the TV show, it makes no sense.

Also feel the Great Clock should get a profile, misuse of it could lead to the destruction of R&C's entire metaverse.

Alright then (regarding their canonicity)

Where would I be able to find a guide that gives the ingame description to every weapon in the series?

Oh and I just remembered, the Kurinox Comet in the comics was able to teleport "half the universe" to a point Zogg made his own galaxy with it and it was also used as a power source of the dimensionators of the past.

You can ask here for calculations: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3403260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back