• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Random Questions

Questions I'd like to ask to sate my curiosity.

1. Character A and B both are the same in every way, being generally normal humans outside of being really good swordsmen. However, they both have, for the sake of the fight, are indestructible. However, lets say character A's sword is Island level in AP. Character B's is only Building level in AP. Both of them have the DC of normal swords, meaning they won't be blowing up houses. In this scenario, would AP actually matter?

2. Lets say that another generally normal human, Character C, has immortality granted by a deity. Deities depicted to be of far higher power and status than their god try to kill this character, but they consistently fail. The Character suddenly horribly offends their god, so their deity strikes them dead. Would that still be considered Type 4 Immortality?

1. If both characters' durabilities are far too high for them to ever damage like it seems like you're saying, then AP kinda would be nullified in its usefulness yes.

2. Just because the god who granted them immortality could hypothetically take it away if they wanted to (which is most cases) doesn't mean the character doesn't have Type 4. Type 4 is immortality granted by a god. Of course if that god takes it away they no longer have Type 4. But they're still considered to have it while theyr'e still possessing it.

Did you mean indestructible swords? Swords don't have AP by themselves unless it's magical.

To my understanding, to swing at Island level AP, character A needs to be nearer at that level in physical capacity, probably Mountain level or so as piercing attacks tend to require much less energy than blunt ones.

If they're both normal human and each have magic swords that allow them to swing at that AP capacity, character A swings his sword so hard that character B's sword blocking it will only push his own sword into himself, killing him in the process. It'd be like a normal humant trying to block a truck.

That or it won't do nil if the magic on the sword only increases sharpness or something (e.g. Wolverine's indestructible claws that can cut through nigh everything can only barely cut through Thor's skin since he isn't strong enough to actually push through the muscle beneath).

@Ryukama In question 1, both characters are normal humans. Only their swords are indestructible, but have varying levels of AP. For question 2, the question was more about the fact Type 4's description states you can be killed by higher deities. I was unsure on whether or not it would still be considered type 4 for not following it. Probably a stupid question, though.

Thank you both for answering, though.

1. If these two are normal humans, there's no way they should be able to swing a weapon capable with Island level AP or get hit by such attacks without getting killed.

2. Type 4 Immortality gets negated if a character is more powerful than whoever granted the immortality. So yes if a higher power kills someone with Type 4, they're still considered to have it, it's just someone managed to negate it.

I'm not sure you understood question 2 properly. In my question, the deities trying to kill character C were stronger than the god granting the immortality, but still could not kill them. I suppose it would still just be a variant of type 4, though.

Back