• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rainbow Dash vs. All Might

Jinsye

She/Her
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash fanart (1)
Powers and Stats

Tier: At least 6-C. Higher with Sonic Rainboom

Name: Rainbow Dash

Origin: My Little Pony

Classification: Pegasus

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Super Speed, Weather Manipulation (Can create lightning, rain, tornadoes, or any other effect caused by weather), Explosion Manipulation

Attack Potency: At least Island level+ (Managed to slightly injure a fully grown Dragon, who was capable of violently shaking an entire mountain range by snoring, and even managed to resist his yells slightly. Along with other pegasi in Ponyville, she managed to overpower massive winter clouds. Should be roughly comparable to Maud Pie and superior to Rarity). Higher with Sonic Rainboom (A small portion of the rainboom dispersed all the clouds in a distant sky when Dash was just a filly)

Speed: Relativistic (Consistently defeated Twilight Sparkle as an Alicorn in races)

Lifting Strength: Class K (Comparable to Applejack)

Striking Strength: At least Island Class+

Durability:
At least Island level (Resisted the yells of a fully grown Dragon, which should be superior than his snores, which shook mountains. Survived at the epicenter of a snowball explosion which covered all of Ponyville in snow)

Stamina: Likely Superhuman (Ran an entire marathon without tiring out)

Range: A few meters with her hooves and divekicks, several kilometers with the Sonic Rainboom, reached across seemingly half of Equestria

Standard Equipment: Herself, her Element of Harmony which is Loyalty, and her Rainbow Power Chest.

Intelligence: Average

Weaknesses: Can be overly arrogant and cocky sometimes, but also when she fails takes the loss really personally, will hold her idols such as Daring Do on such a pedestal that she begins to doubt her abilities when around them

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Rainblow Dry: Creates a tornado
  • Weather Medallion: Allows Rainbow to conjure up lightning storms, more powerful tornadoes, and any other harsh weather environment
  • Buccaneer Blaze: Creates a giant, seemingly electric explosion. Is never seen onscreen.
  • Sonic Rainboom: Instantly makes Rainbow go double her speeds, creates a giant explosion capable of easily decimating buildings and shaking and destroying multiple mountains at once.
All Might
Allmight fanart by christianamiel21-dbtd3gc
Never fear! For I am here!
~ One of All Might's many catchphrases​
Powers and Stats

Tier: 6-C

Name: All Might, Toshinori Yagi, "Symbol of Peace"

Origin: My Hero Academia

Classification: Superhero, Former Bearer of One for All

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Pseudo-Flight, Shockwave Generation (Capable of creating shockwaves with his strikes), Pseudo-Air Manipulation (Capable of creating cyclones with his strikes), Weather Manipulation (Can create a shockwave capable of drawing in nearby inclement weather, such as thunderstorms), Transformation (Can shift between his Hero and True Forms at will), Power Bestowal (Can give One For All to other people)

Attack Potency: Island level+ (In his prime, just five of his punches would contain the power of over 300 as he is now)

Speed: At least Supersonic+, likely higher (All For One called his current form "slow" compared to his old state)

Lifting Strength: At least Class M (Much stronger than Deku) | Class G

Striking Strength:
Island Class+

Durability:
Island level+ (Took hits from All For One in his prime)

Stamina: High (Able to use One-For-All often)

Range: Standard melee range. Several kilometers with shockwaves. (The aftereffects of his Detroit Smash drew in a thunderstorm at least 2.35 kilometers away)

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: All Might is the top-ranked hero in the world for his countless acts of heroism, having spearheaded multiple operations against villainous teams and saving countless lives during large-scale disasters. He is an expert in hand-to-hand combat with an intelligence to match his strength, deducing that Nomu's Shock Absorption had a limit and simply kept beating him until he went over that limit. After a stern talking from Gran Torino, All Might has also started to drop hints for Izuku that allow him to greatly improve over the span of a few hours. However, as a hero to the core, he refuses to go all out if innocent lives could be harmed by the aftereffects of his attacks.

Weaknesses: None notable
Speed Equalized

Fight takes place in a random city

Who wins?

Dash: 0

All Might: 3

Okay... so, let's go by the most important categories first.

Speed:

Tie (for obvious reasons).

Hax:

Rainbow Dash and All Might seem to have similar abilities. SPC and Super Speed are useless for Dash, and SPC is useless for Might. His H2H expertise will be handy, but not unless he can actually get close to Dash. Might has pseudo-flight, but Dash has legit flight, making that power almost useless. Dash's weather manipulation is better cause she can just make whatever she wants; Might may be able to draw in the weather, but that's practically useless in this situation due to the fact that the weather would be malicious... he'd really just be giving himself more problems. Transformation seems rather useless here, but shockwave generation and power bestowal are good abilities. Just power bestowal won't work here cause he's alone, and wouldn't give his enemy an ability to help them. So, that leaves shockwave generation and expert H2H skills as his only two useful powers in this fight.

Dash is left with weather manipulation, flight and explosion manipulation. Not only is her stuff better and more abundant, but using that stuff, she can avoid both of Might's useful powers. Just fly and shoot things at him from afar. The shockwaves aren't specified to fly after their target, and looking them up, they usually only go straight up, so him striking the ground won't do anything; and he can only use H2H if she's close.

This is in-character, so Dash is arrogant and will likely get close a couple times, but they're in the same tier, so a few hits won't actually do much. Furthermore, this is using Might's peak, and his profile specifies that, in-character, he won't actually go to hurt an innocent life. Dash isn't exactly an evil character, so in-character benefits neither of them. Dash getting hit around will only serve to warn her, as her profile specifies that, when she does fail, she takes it personally.

In the end, Rainbow Dash's hax is more useful.

Attack Potency:

Dash was calculated to be very, very high-end 6-C. She's, like, 2x away from the next tier. I don't see any calculation for Might, so he's likely not as high as Dash. But, for the sake of this, let's say they're equal... what then? The Sonic Rainboom is stronger, so it'll hit harder, and then Might holds back due to in-character... So, really, Rainbow Dash is pretty much destined to have the A.P. advantage here.

Miscellaneous:

Now, for random other stats.

Durability goes to Might, but as I've been pointing out, the difference won't be a game-changer since he'll hold back. It's not even of a difference to blow her up or anything; it'll just hurt.

Intelligence definitely goes to Might.

Stamina's a tie.

Conclusion:

Okay... so this fight is actually kinda tough to decide. I can see All Might's "weakness" as being interpreted another way; might as well say it now.

Innocent lives could be the people around, rather than his own enemy... I don't know, maybe someone can specify. But I think this is what will ultimately decide the match... if Might went all-out while Dash is still arrogant, the difference is nearly 10x; he'll probably break bones. He'd win irregardless of his disadvantages.

If not, and he holds back unless the person's a villain, I simply can't see him beating Dash. He'll hit her, it'll hurt, and she'll get away. From there, he has no way to catch her and pin her down to finish it. And all his abilities won't help him. His shockwaves reach a huge distance; but as I said, the real blunt force only ever seems to travel upwards and make a huge gust that travels outwards. I didn't watch every scene, so I can't verify this claim; if I'm wrong, I'd appreciate knowing that. Meanwhile, I know that the Sonic Rainboom travels travels, for the most part, in all directions. If Might's hit with that, it'll be scenario one; except the roles are flipped.

However, if his shockwaves do travel out in all directions, then using one of those would give us a variation of scenario one. Might would win.

If he doesn't hold back, Dash is gonna die.

If he does hold back, Might is gonna die.

That's how I see it, so if someone can clear it up for me, I'd appreciate it. However, since most of Might's attacks will kill Dash as compared to vice versa, where only one would end Might, I'm going to vote All Might for now solely due to the fact that he's more likely to win.

I think considering it takes All Might's full power to be even comparable to lowballed Rainbow from season 1, Rainbow will pretty easily win due to an AP advantage and her Sonic Rainboom. It's also likely she contributed to the power more than the other pegasi, similar to how it was in Hurricane Fluttershy, so it'd bridge the gap more. Also, I think Rainbow would get stronger after 7 seasons, since she trains a lot, and she didn't even seem to be straining herself much in her storm feat, though it was kind of hard to see.

Back