• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raiden vs Iaian (7-1-0) (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Raiden is in his Mgs4 key
  • Iaian is in his current key
  • Speed equalized
  • Battle takes place in a plain grass field with a 10 meter distance between them.
Raiden: 7

Iaian: 1

Incon:

d5v88g9-3487ffb8-377c-4ba9-8821-23d48d4f5678.png
Iaian_manga.webp

sunrise-fields-meadows-plain-europe-landscape-field-meadow-agriculture.jpg

Last edited:
What does samurai have before raiden amps his speed 7 times, and does a cut that ignore dura at plank level

Atomic Samurai always starts with an Atomic Slash or can also start with an Air Blade from range to test Raiden

Okay so I think this match boils down to who can land the first killing blow on the other as Iaian has a massive AP advantage and Raiden has durability negation with HF Blades. I think Iaian could reasonably take it in the long run due to his IR and Analytical prediction not that it would be easy though.

Okay so I think this match boils down to who can land the first killing blow on the other as Iaian has a massive AP advantage and Raiden has durability negation with HF Blades. I think Iaian could reasonably take it in the long run due to his IR and Analytical prediction not that it would be easy though.
I take it you'll be voting for Iaian?

Going to vote for Iaian FRA as well for the reasons that Recon gave.

just want to say that the moment iaian sword touch hf blade,it gonna broken
Iaian's AP and IR are extremely potent. He was able to accurately use his AP and IR to cut down, predict, and dodge 10,000 simultaneous attacks. He would be able to sense Raiden's aura and tell that he's aiming for Iaian's sword.

Raiden wouldn't be aiming for his sword, he's going to attack Iaian and if Iaian tries to deflect the strike his sword will be sliced.

Raiden isn't going to just start trying to disarm him, why are we assuming he would do that when he doesn't know how strong Iaian is? He's just going to attack. Raiden has no idea that Iaian isn't using an HF Blade, he has no reason to assume his enemy isn't. So he has no reason to see the blade as a weak point or something.

Iaian has superior skill, but he usually blocks or deflect attacks with his sword. I don't know what losing his blade would do to him.

Basically Raiden won't start the fight trying to get rid of his sword. And Iaian has no way of knowing that his sword will be sliced through if their blades meet.

I'm not voting.

Raiden wouldn't be aiming for his sword, he's going to attack Iaian and if Iaian tries to deflect the strike his sword will be sliced.

Raiden isn't going to just start trying to disarm him, why are we assuming he would do that when he doesn't know how strong Iaian is? He's just going to attack. Raiden has no idea that Iaian isn't using an HF Blade, he has no reason to assume his enemy isn't. So he has no reason to see the blade as a weak point or something.

Iaian has superior skill, but he usually blocks or deflect attacks with his sword. I don't know what losing his blade would do to him.

Basically Raiden won't start the fight trying to get rid of his sword. And Iaian has no way of knowing that his sword will be sliced through if their blades meet.

I'm not voting.
well yeah that somehow i said

Iaian's AP and IR are extremely potent. He was able to accurately use his AP and IR to cut down, predict, and dodge 10,000 simultaneous attacks. He would be able to sense Raiden's aura and tell that he's aiming for Iaian's sword.
He was not predicting or dodging 10000 simultaneous attacks. The human hair has over 100000 standard of hair yes. However Devil Long hair wasn't attacking them with a single strand of hair, he was clumping large amounts of them together into bigger spikes of hair.

A single hair thread would be around 0.05 mm thick, incredibly thin. His hair is so thick because he is using multiple of them at once. You can even see whenever they cut a strand there are multiple strings of hair that burst out. Since those single big strands are made of likely hundreds of hairs stacked together.

Not saying this isn't still amazing. It still is amazing, around several dozens attacks seem to be coming at them. And they're predicting them all with their eyes closed. But 10000 single strands of hair were not attacking all three of from multiple directions, since we can clearly see that isn't the case.

Once again I'm not trying to make it seem like Iaian isn't skilled. I'm just bothered by the wording you're using, because while what you say is technically correct, it makes it seem like something else. All of those strands together are 10000 for each of them, but many of those numbers act as one solid mass of hair.

Yes this is basically a nitpick, this is who I am. Just ignore me if you don't care.

He was not predicting or dodging 10000 simultaneous attacks. The human hair has over 100000 standard of hair yes. However Devil Long hair wasn't attacking them with a single strand of hair, he was clumping large amounts of them together into bigger spikes of hair.

A single hair thread would be around 0.05 mm thick, incredibly thin. His hair is so thick because he is using multiple of them at once. You can even see whenever they cut a strand there are multiple strings of hair that burst out. Since those single big strands are made of likely hundreds of hairs stacked together.

Not saying this isn't still amazing. It still is amazing, around several dozens attacks seem to be coming at them. And they're predicting them all with their eyes closed. But 10000 single strands of hair were not attacking all three of from multiple directions, since we can clearly see that isn't the case.

Once again I'm not trying to make it seem like Iaian isn't skilled. I'm just bothered by the wording you're using, because while what you say is technically correct, it makes it seem like something else. All of those strands together are 10000 for each of them, but many of those numbers act as one solid mass of hair.

Yes this is basically a nitpick, this is who I am. Just ignore me if you don't care.
Good point.

Oh right the HF blade can do that

Yeah Iaian would lose if he loses his sword at the start of the fight but then the match would just be lost the moment it began

IR and Analytical prediction not that it would be easy though.
But Raiden can easily mitigate analytical prediction, in fact, he's done so in canon.
Except actually, it's part of the reason he defeated Vamp in MGS2, Vamp is capable of reading the trajectory, motions and movements of others (Part of why he can avoid simultaneous automatic gunfire from all directions, and deflect semi-automatics, though his speed helps) before they happen due to miniscule muscle movements. But Raiden in particular was hard to read even without trying and eventually Vamp couldn't read Raiden at all and lost (In gameplay, this is conveyed via attacking Vamp without using lock on).

MGS4 Raiden >>>> MGS2 Raiden, and even 1v1'd Vamp multiple times, including in a knife fight (Which is Vamp's own specialty) even while weakened (Raiden was poisoned and wasn't even supposed to be there).

Last edited:
But Raiden can easily mitigate analytical prediction, in fact, he's done so in canon.
Except actually, it's part of the reason he defeated Vamp in MGS2, Vamp is capable of reading the trajectory, motions and movements of others (Part of why he can avoid simultaneous automatic gunfire from all directions, and deflect semi-automatics, though his speed helps) before they happen due to miniscule muscle movements. But Raiden in particular was hard to read even without trying and eventually Vamp couldn't read Raiden at all and lost (In gameplay, this is conveyed via attacking Vamp without using lock on).

MGS4 Raiden >>>> MGS2 Raiden, and even 1v1'd Vamp multiple times, including in a knife fight (Which is Vamp's own specialty) even while weakened (Raiden was poisoned and wasn't even supposed to be there).
Well Vamp Analytical Prediction as you said is based on reading the muscle movements of his opponents and if I'm not reading this wrong Raiden countered it by going faster than Vamp could sense?

Iaian's Analytical Prediction and IR is based on his ability to be able to sense the killing intent in his opponents, it's not something one can directly observe but feel and that's why he can do so even with his eyes closed.

That being said unless Iaian is given a blade that won't just break apart the moment the battle begins then I don't think this can be added, not that Iaian hasn't fought with a torn apart blade before but he really wouldn't have an actual fair chance to win.

Last edited:
That being said unless Iaian is given a blade that won't just break apart the moment the battle begins then I don't think this can be added, not that Iaian hasn't fought with a torn apart blade before but he really wouldn't have an actual fair chance to win.
that is definitely not how stomps work

anyway while this is secondary if at any point raiden feels like it he can try to disengage and use stealth, which is very likely to work

Well Vamp Analytical Prediction as you said is based on reading the muscle movements of his opponents and if I'm not reading this wrong Raiden countered it by going faster than Vamp could sense?
No? He just couldn't be read. Vamp is actually faster than Raiden (Back in MGS2, in 4 they're equal).
Iaian's Analytical Prediction and IR is based on his ability to be able to sense the killing intent in his opponents, it's not something one can directly observe but feel and that's why he can do so even with his eyes closed.
Literally every Metal Gear character (Or well, a few, Gray Fox, BB and Snake in particular), for some reason.

I'd also like to point out Raiden has fought Psycho Mantis in VR, and won, as going through MGS1 and its VR Missions was part of his "Foxhound" Training (The MGS1 game in particular seems to be the exact VR, as Snake in MGS2 talks about how weapons and the like will control different from Raiden's training in VR, notably, how they controlled in MGS1, off the top of my head, when doing the bridge sniping Snake says as much. Either way he flat out says he's gona through the VR of the whole Shadow Moses Incident set up by the Patriots).
Aka Raiden has experience with people who have way better supernatural prediction, including straight up precognition, than Iaian's.

No? He just couldn't be read. Vamp is actually faster than Raiden.

Literally every Metal Gear character (Or well, a few, Gray Fox, BB and Snake in particular), for some reason.

I'd also like to point out Raiden has fought Psycho Mantis in VR, and won, as going through MGS1 and its VR Missions was part of his "Foxhound" Training (The MGS1 game in particular seems to be the exact VR, as Snake in MGS2 talks about how weapons and the like will control different from Raiden's training in VR, notably, how they controlled in MGS1, off the top of my head, when doing the bridge sniping Snake says as much).
Aka Raiden has experience with people who have way better supernatural prediction, including straight up precognition, than Iaian's.
This has been "Why Raiden is Based". Tune in next week for more reasons to respect Raiden.

No? He just couldn't be read. Vamp is actually faster than Raiden (Back in MGS2, in 4 they're equal).

I'd also like to point out Raiden has fought Psycho Mantis in VR, and won, as going through MGS1 and its VR Missions was part of his "Foxhound" Training (The MGS1 game in particular seems to be the exact VR, as Snake in MGS2 talks about how weapons and the like will control different from Raiden's training in VR, notably, how they controlled in MGS1, off the top of my head, when doing the bridge sniping Snake says as much. Either way he flat out says he's gona through the VR of the whole Shadow Moses Incident set up by the Patriots).
Yeah that's fair, change my vote Raiden then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back