• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
my dumbass forgot to bump the same match

vs

Both 7-B
SBA
Speed =

I'm not that into Infamous, but I think Cole has really good abilities here to beat Raiden if he doesn't strike first, which is difficult because Raiden has Blade Mode and Ripper Mode that increase his speed immensely

Was sent the other one and wrote a thing there.
Copy pasting.
Since we're using a distance of "whatever is fair." I'm going to assume this at a distance that Cole can initiate combat from range, but isn't far enough from Raiden that he couldn't close the distance rather quickly.
Given Raiden can cover hundreds of meters in a bound and speed amp his movement 10x.....
Firstly, Cole can slow down his perception speed to a crawl and enhance his sight greatly by utilizing Precision Mode. After which, he can then snip from long range with his electrical bolts that are hot enough to vaporize steel, casually.
Raiden has plasma level heat res. In a drastically inferior body.
Steel's base vape point starts at 3000c.
Even the lowest heat "hot" plasma hits, is 10000c. The fact in actuality Raiden's heat res would be far, far, far above the baseline, and even dudes like Snake have thousands of degrees heat res....

Honestly this wouldn't actually do anything to him. Could be useful against MGS4 Raiden, and would be highly dangerous to human Raiden,
If Cole decides to target the head, which he has no reason not to given he's in a life-and-death situation, he can internally negate one's durability by exploding electricity throughout their body, which does affect the brain.
All Cyborgs by the time of MGR have stuff built-in to actually stop electrical overload from damaging the brain. Think of it like a safety breaker.

Though most tend to do it by shutting down for a moment, Raiden is built diff.

This is ignoring every cyborg has a huge degree of electrical res. Hell not even the cyborgs, the human dudes, even the weakest dudes like Naked Snake can withstand 10 million volts from the very source (meaning air and stuff ain't dwindling it), multi-million volt weapons are generally non-lethal to dudes and just act as a quick stun, dudes like Venom can basically call down lightning, hell this very Raiden has a multi-million volt stun sword that can't actually deal damage and even the weakest cyborgs can walk it off. I don't know the voltage of lad's attacks, but, it should be well above lightning lv otherwise, it don't actually do anything.

Raiden himself can also shoot lightning and stuff alongside shockwaves but shrug, don't think it'd help against the electric dude.
Secondly, if Raiden does get close. Cole can rip the very bioelectricity from his body and deactivate his brain if it's still reliant on that type of energy at this point.
If he gets close he gets obliterfucked tho....
Like, he just gets skill ******, doesn't help HF blades actually have enhanced range and shockwaes that enable him to do the meme outside of direct contact.
I feel like Cole’s slowing of his perception kinda counteracts that. It’s shown slowing time to a near halt, so Raiden’s amp shouldn’t be too hard to track.
Problem there.
Perception.
Perception =/= Movement.

Just because he can see it coming, doesn't mean he can actually dodge it, his body isn't amped alongside his perception after all.
Cole should be able to atomize Raiden with his electricity.
Raiden literally resists it, all cyborgs do.

Raiden has huge plasma cannon level heat res in a significantly weaker body.
Not to mention him being a cyborg running off electrolytes means Cole’s bioelectricity draining should be super effective.
That's just the fuel.
Raiden does have LS advantage though, so pinning him for that will be hard. Still, I’m thinking Cole’s advantages outweigh Raiden’s since they’re starting at a distance. I’ll vote Cole.
Raiden has long-range HF weapons like Dystopia, can clear like 100m in a jump, amp movement, can literally just say **** it and go stealth starting him far away is actually 100x worse compared to up-close, it means he'd be liable in character to take the stealth approach and assassinate instead.
I don't think I need to elaborate on Raiden's stealth and stealth tools. If he disengages, he basically always wins.

Back