• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Speed Equalized, Bloodlusted, Both are 7-B, Corrin has access to the Omega Yato and the Dragon Fang skill (Basically Smash Corrin, but without a Dragonstone and a less creative use of Dragon Fang), R.O.B. doesn't have access to his Final Smash (For obvious reasons)

Fight takes place in an empty field

R.O.B. - 1

Corri - 0

R.O.B uses the Beep Boop over and over, and once Corrin gets high enough, kills with an Up-Throw. Alternatively, spam B-Down nonstop and spike them off the stage. As long as R.O.B reads Corrin's Side-B well, then he can win. Also, don't approach unless you have to.

This match just worked just because of Corrin's 7-B rating and him/her being Smash DLC, I thought of making it for a while

This does raise a question tho. Would a smash version of a character play like a pro? (Actually, this matchup is 50-50 surprisingly)

Well, I suppose they would play at a "pro level", I mean at the very least a Level 9 CPU level?

Either way that's probably cancelled out by bloodlust

What a beautiful bump

There is no bump as pretty as this bump

• bump
This feels like a bump

Before I contribute to the matchup, I'd like to ask a few questions:

-Are we assuming that R.O.B. has fought every character on the Smash Bros. roster, and has fought on every stage?

-Are we assuming that R.O.B. is being controlled by a professional, bloodlusted Smash player/CPU?

Both of these factors could potentially provide advantages for R.O.B., and I think they could definitely make a difference.

-Sure, why not, just not Corrin since that would give a small amount of prior knowledge

-I wouldn't know, a moderately skilled player?

I'm busy with school stuff right now and I'm trying hard to restrain myself for once, so give me some time. I'll pitch in later.

Anyways...

Corrin's advantages:

-Enhanced senses could provide some edge over R.O.B.

-Healing magic will give Corrin an advantage over R.O.B. because he can keep healing while R.O.B. can't, providing for several advantages

-Likely has higher AP and Dura to an unknown extent, as it actually has a calculated value placed on it

R.O.B.'s advantages:

-far more varied experience in combat, including things that relate to Corrin (Magic users, Water-based attacks and stage hazards, A LOT of sword users, etc.) so R.O.B. should have a HUGE advantage in experience

-can reflect Corrin's projectile game back at him, while simultaneously countering with projectiles of his own

-electric attacks may or may not be especially helpful against water-based attacks (although this isn't Pokemon)

I'll give this to R.O.B.

I think R.O.B.'s overwhelming experience, combined with the ability to negate Corrin's ranged game by reflecting his projectiles back at him with 50% more power than before, should definitely make up for the gap in AP/Dura that may or may not exist.

Back