• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Pokemon CRT - abilities

So a ton of profiles have a problem, they lack abilities. I am currently editing the profiles and they've loads of abilities missing.
What i wanna do is do a basic revision that lets me add these abilities on sight.
There are a few common things that should be easy enough to add.

1. Anything that falls under this
we basically get stuff that is basic fire, thunder, ectoplasm manip and ect.

it should be the basic of the basics.

2. Any move that boosts the pokemon's defense or offense should be Statistics reduction or amplification depending on what it is.

3. Scary face is Fear manipulation since its whole thing is to lower one's speed by making a horrid grimace and scaring them
This is the official description of the move: "The user frightens the target with a scary face to harshly lower its Speed stat." that appears in Sun and Moon, XY and more.

4. Night shade is illusion manipulation and limited durability negation
"

The user makes the target see a frightening mirage. It inflicts damage matching the user's level.
"

5. Any confusion move has been accepted to be Mind Manipulation since the dawn of vsbattles so any move that can inflict confusion should be either full on or limited mind manipulation.

6. Roar is limited fear manipulaiton
"The target is scared off, and a different Pokémon is dragged out. In the wild, this ends a battle against a single Pokémon"

7. Disable literally disables stuff so it should be powernull

8. Double team is a form of shadow clone creation so illusion creation i think

I would also like to revise Charizard's abilities and attacks which don't match the official attack set.

Overall that is it, i just need this so i can continue adding these bad boys up. If anyone can tell me anything else to add to the list then please do.

Last edited:
Well Porygon should have Data manipulation but I'm feeling lazy to dig for scans right now

You can look up Bulbapedia.

I can't think of much AtM. Maybe stuff like Recover being cellular level regeneration, or Aurora Beam being Light Manipulation?

5. Any confusion move has been accepted to be Mind Manipulation since the dawn of vsbattles so any move that can inflict confusion should be either full on or limited mind manipulation.
Should be limited, since confusion wears off overtime as well. Also Pokémon can still sometimes attack normally so this isn't a full mind manip
7. Disable literally disables stuff so it should be powernull
Should be limited since disable wears off overtime, and after that it attacks normally

"Restoring its own cells, the user restores its own HP by half of its max HP."
Recover's in-game description, as of Black/White onwards.
I think that should be limited. No Pokémon have shown to regenerate after being reduced to cells (even the manga didn't), nor things like decapatation and such

Disable should also be clarified:
RSEPsychically disables one of the foe's moves.
Colo.XDPsychically disables one of the target's moves.
Although, it seems like most anime, game & manga showings don't seem to be physical restraining, but seem to be ranged.

Maybe it means the type of restraining it inflicts is physical, as opposed to mental or magical or such? & later descriptions don't mention the physical aspect.
BWB2W2
XYORAS
SMUSUMPE
SwSh
For four turns, this move prevents the target from using the move it last used.
Anyone wanna take a look at its depictions & give their opinions?

Edit: I misread. It's PSYCHICALLY, not PHYSICALLY.

Last edited:
Also in my comments XXKing should've left some scans before about Destiny Bond being fate manip.

I remember it being said during the fight between lt surge and morty in the manga

Agreed. Pokedex entry clearly mentions restoration of cells for Recover, which falls in line with Deoxys regen
Game description. It might be plausible that move descriptions are provided from the Pokedex, given it already does automatic analysises, but I'm not sure what evidence we have for or against move descriptions being provided by the Pokedex.

Mewtwo used recover to heal a double chest impalement.
Him coming back from cells is his resurrection.
It can't also be Regen?

Anyway, then....
I think that should be limited. No Pokémon have shown to regenerate after being reduced to cells (even the manga didn't), nor things like decapatation and such
Is this the stance to agree on for Recover?

Also in my comments XXKing should've left some scans before about Destiny Bond being fate manip.
This Destiny Bond could be really op... You'd need resistance to fate manipulation or Aca 4 to resist

Hypothetically, a Pokémon can make a clone and tie the opponents fate to it, gg

I mean, Arbok regenerated from decapitation in the manga

And Alcremie also has recover, which falls in line with her ability to indefinitely regen/refill its cream

That's the safest option , yes. For those who have recover must haven't used it on screen

But those with showings will get the required regen level for it

Most inatances have recover regenerating Pokémon's injuries, such as with Sabrina's Kadabra in the original series.

Aside from very specific cases, most Pokemon that uses the move only really regenerate injuries, but not on the level of decapatation and total cellular destruction

Most inatances have recover regenerating Pokémon's injuries, such as with Sabrina's Kadabra in the original series.

Aside from very specific cases, most Pokemon that uses the move only really regenerate injuries, but not on the level of decapatation and total cellular destruction
Recover then could be High-low regeneration for a generic pokémon and higher depending on the single pokémon's physiology and feats.

Feels weird despite the main games claiming that it's cellular level regeneration, & we're denying it just because we can't see it. Cellular stuff typically CAN'T be seen with the "naked eye" that most things in media are viewed from.
But IIRC, the anime rarely, if ever gets into biological stuff, let alone talking about what's happening on a cellular level in battle, nor showing what's happening on a cellular level; That is, the lack of showing of the game's claimed regeneration level in the anime is presumably because the anime never gets as technical (& cellular stuff is both very technical/scientific, above the typical education level of the "target demographic", as well as invisible to the naked eye.) about such things.

Although, the manga omitting such details seems odd. Then again, the description may not have clarified such details until Gen 5 unless the JP version said otherwise, so maybe manga authors just didn't have that info about the move at the time they published the works?

From PLA :
"The user regenerates its cells to restore its own HP"

There are no anti feats tho. For one no Pokémon has been hurt to the extend it needs to regrow parts of its body. That doesn't mean anti feat, the scenario just hasn't happened

Another Pokemon with recover is staryu, and here's its entry:

"This Pokémon gets nibbled on by Lumineon and others. Thanks to its red core, it regenerates fast, so it's unconcerned by their snack attacks."

Anyway, Darkrai should get void creation.

"What is this place?""Never-ending darkness, stretching on for eternity in a world where nothing exists...""No need for concern.""Don't waste your time. I will never succumb to your nightmares."
"I see nothing... Feel nothing...""There is nothing but me within the chill of darkness...
"If you can accept a world of nothingness, then you can truly understand Darkrai's spirit. That's what it means to be together with Darkrai."

Scary face is Fear manipulation since its whole thing is to lower one's speed by making a horrid grimace and scaring them
This is the official description of the move: "The user frightens the target with a scary face to harshly lower its Speed stat." that appears in Sun and Moon, XY and more.
6. Roar is limited fear manipulaiton
"The target is scared off, and a different Pokémon is dragged out. In the wild, this ends a battle against a single Pokémon"
That's Social Influencing.
Would we not consider that as evidence that Recover can provide cellular regeneration since a Pokemon that can do that can learn Recover?
"Restoring its own cells, the user restores its own HP by half of its max HP."
Recover's in-game description, as of Black/White onwards.
Cellular regeneration is, as far as I'm aware, the natural process in which wounds are healed. It’s just an slow process. Cells die and others come to replace it. For all the info here, Recover only speeds up the process.
I mean, Arbok regenerated from decapitation in the manga
This is a half-true.

In the Manga, an Arbok can have an special ability depending on it's marking pattern. Koga's Arbok special talent it's to be able to regenerate attacks as long as he keeps his head, which at best means that it's a power than only Arbok's with Koga's Arbok's marking posses or, at worst, an ability exclusive of Koga's Arbok. Either way, this doesn’t has anything to do with Recover at all.

Also, for all it's worth, it’s implied by Koga that Arbok regenerated overtime, as he claims that it regenerated "not long ago" despite that the Yellow arc happened over two years after the first fight between Red and Green against Koga.

A Roar that explicitly frightens the foe so as to scare them away isn't Fear Manipulation, it's Social Influencing...?
"It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors." From the Fear Manipulation page.

Fear Manipulation is a power that comes from the Empathic Manipulation umbrella; ergo, a supernatural control over someone’s emotions. Being able to produce terrifying roar or faces is not scaring them because you're inducing them to be afraid of you, you're scaring them because you're doing something that is scary. It’s simpler to explain when you change "fear" with something like "laugh".

Doesn't matter to me.... As long as the opponent gets scared, I'm good.

Roar is also willpower manipulation in some instances. The Roar forces opponents to lose their will to fight

Cellular regeneration is, as far as I'm aware, the natural process in which wounds are healed. It’s just an slow process. Cells die and others come to replace it. For all the info here, Recover only speeds up the process.
It's regeneration. So it's valid. I don't know where you getting at.

Well, I won't mind either way. Results are similar enough. You can take care of convincing Monkey_Dunno then.

Anyway, a little detour.
Where does Jirachi Fate manipulation come from? I know it can grant wishes, but I don't remember the last time it changed fate

Back